+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometric for my Father Not Possible - Visitor Visa

Nithyn K

Jun 27, 2019
Hi Everyone

I recently got my PR. Planning to bring my parents as visitor to Canada with in this year.

My query is that as the biometrics is mandatory for applying visitor visa.

But the issue is my father fingers are not in proper shape. Its difficult for him to do finger prints. Anybody come across this situation.
Please guide me how to proceed on this.

Thanks in advance
Nithyn K

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
But the issue is my father fingers are not in proper shape. Its difficult for him to do finger prints. Anybody come across this situation.
It is a requirement. Some people get a refusal because they fail to submit their Biometrics. It not merely about the finger prints. The applicant is being captured via video because he/she is confirming his/her identity.

Nithyn K

Jun 27, 2019
Hi thanks for the quick response. So can I tell them to go for VFS office and they do this video capture. That is sufficient ?

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
Hi thanks for the quick response. So can I tell them to go for VFS office and they do this video capture. That is sufficient ?
You cannot go directly to have it taken. If you applied via paper, it will be taken along with the TRV application.
But for online, once the TRV is submitted, a request for Biometrics will be sent out. They need to book an appointment for this on the authorized Canadian Visa Application Center. When the go for the Biometrics, their finger prints and photo will be taken. They will also be asked if their name is what is stated on the request letter (this is the part where in they are being video captured).

Chutsk10

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
I don't know the correct answer to this but it seems to me that when he is requested for Biometrics he should go and let the VAC figure out what to do. Perhaps he will have to endure some discomfort/difficulties in the finger-printing process, or perhaps the VAC will acknowledge the situation and allow some kind of variance or alternate means of identification.

I could be off base but I am assuming some form of physical disability. If so, it would not be fair to punish your father for something out of his control.

You never know unless you try!

Chutsk10

Star Member
Feb 19, 2020
Well that is certainly a clever idea!

Exemption – Impossible or Not Feasible
Under section R12.8

Designated officers have the discretion to exempt applicants from providing one or both pieces of biometric information (fingerprints and photo), as the case may be, if it is determined that the collection of biometric information is impossible or not feasible.

Designated officers should apply this exemption on a case-by-case basis. Designated officers assess the exceptional circumstances associated with the client’s application and must document the specific findings that led to that decision