Bill C-6: Senate stage

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Here's an actual fact: The Senate just passed C-18. This means that as of today, there is a total of two government bills (two! bills!) before the Senate as a whole (there is some more in committee for pre-study and after second reading, but these bills are not in the actual Senate, only in the committee).

This is the lowest number of bills before the Senate that I have witnessed since I started following the count this spring.

I highly doubt that the Senate can spend all their time on two bills for the remaining 3 weeks + 1 day that the Senate is sitting. They would literally have to refuse to do their work.

So there is plenty of space for C-6 (which, apart from C-44 is the only bill that the HoC can currently send to the Senate).

Disclaimer: I am not saying that bill C-6 will make it through the Senate before the break. No one can, see the tweet that Marceau shared. I'm just saying that is is possible and not unrealistic.

Here's the link:
http://www.parl.ca/LegisInfo/LAAG.aspx?Language=E

Reactions: qjzhou

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
So what did they amended? I didn't see many difference btw the amendment and the original C-5 except the language requirement. So lost here. Don't know what they have done during the past year.
Check the opening post of the "Facts only" thread. I wrote a looooong explanation of what this bill is about.

qjzhou

May 4, 2016
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here's an actual fact: The Senate just passed C-18. This means that as of today, there is a total of two government bills (two! bills!) before the Senate as a whole (there is some more in committee for pre-study and after second reading, but these bills are not in the actual Senate, only in the committee).

This is the lowest number of bills before the Senate that I have witnessed since I started following the count this spring.

I highly doubt that the Senate can spend all their time on two bills for the remaining 3 weeks + 1 day that the Senate is sitting. They would literally have to refuse to do their work.

So there is plenty of space for C-6 (which, apart from C-44 is the only bill that the HoC can currently send to the Senate).

Disclaimer: I am not saying that bill C-6 will make it through the Senate before the break. No one can, see the tweet that Marceau shared. I'm just saying that is is possible and not unrealistic.

Here's the link:
http://www.parl.ca/LegisInfo/LAAG.aspx?Language=E
Yes, both HOC and Senate are working hard and moving in a positive way to pass more bills right before the summer break. Fingers cross for C-6. I do believe the optimistic tweet from Senator Jaffer and Senator Omidvar.

asifmehmood

May 28, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2008
Doc's Request.
Aug 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with docs
File Transfer...
April 2011
Med's Request
Nov 2012
Med's Done....
Dec 2012
Passport Req..
31/01/13, received at LVO 04/02/13
VISA ISSUED...
25/02/13
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Hi, I contacted my local MP and here is his office response.

Thank you for your email message outlining your support for Bill C-6. Your comments will be brought to xxxx attention at the first available opportunity.

In the meantime, on your behalf, I was in touch with the House Leader’s office and the hope is that the legislation will be passed before the House recesses in June.

sbag_in

Jul 15, 2014
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-MARCH, 2014
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
14-MAY(aor1) / 31-JUL(aor2)
File Transfer...
15-JULY, 2014, IP- OCT-30
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-JAN, 2014
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
and D.M. on NOV-3, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
received on : 10TH NOV, 2014
LANDED..........
Jan -18, 2015
Hi, I contacted my local MP and here is his office response.

Thank you for your email message outlining your support for Bill C-6. Your comments will be brought to xxxx attention at the first available opportunity.

In the meantime, on your behalf, I was in touch with the House Leader’s office and the hope is that the legislation will be passed before the House recesses in June.
Cheers mate... Good on you...

Reactions: vancouverbc2013

sbag_in

Jul 15, 2014
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-MARCH, 2014
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
14-MAY(aor1) / 31-JUL(aor2)
File Transfer...
15-JULY, 2014, IP- OCT-30
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
29-JAN, 2014
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
and D.M. on NOV-3, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
received on : 10TH NOV, 2014
LANDED..........
Jan -18, 2015
See.. How much better it sound when people are optimistic.. Good to see this.. This forum was becoming very negative.. Do not worry people.. C6 will pass soon. Fingers crossed..

KGanapathi

Jul 3, 2014
Hi I have a question on Pre PR days as per C6.

I lived in Canada on work permit for 3 years from 2010 to 2012 (moved out of Canada in Dec'12). Came back to Canada as PR in 2015 and completed 2 years till date. Can anyone tell in my case will I be able to count my Pre PR days up to one year considering that it's over the 5 year back from today as per Bill C6?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi I have a question on Pre PR days as per C6.

I lived in Canada on work permit for 3 years from 2010 to 2012 (moved out of Canada in Dec'12). Came back to Canada as PR in 2015 and completed 2 years till date. Can anyone tell in my case will I be able to count my Pre PR days up to one year considering that it's over the 5 year back from today as per Bill C6?
1. No, if passed in the present form, your time as a visitor would have to be within the 5 year period prior to the date you applied.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Hi

1. No, if passed in the present form, your time as a visitor would have to be within the 5 year period prior to the date you applied.
But when C-6 is implemented he will most likely have 3 years already and pre-PR wouldn't matter to him