+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bill C-6: Senate stage

monalisa

Dec 6, 2016
HSD said:
I personally think Cons best chance to defeat JT is Kevin oleary
Cons will never win again at least in the next 8 years, canadians dont want another trump to rule them ;)

JT is very good, he cant perform magic and introduce changes within a year.

Also Independent Senators are pointed until 2025 ;D Ive checked some, not sure if all the same .

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
monalisa said:
Cons will never win again at least in the next 8 years, canadians dont want another trump to rule them ;)

JT is very good, he cant perform magic and introduce changes within a year.

Also Independent Senators are pointed until 2025 ;D Ive checked some, not sure if all the same .
Well, nobody thought American people wanted Trump to become the president, even early in the night of election Hilary was still predicted with over 90% of chance of winning ... and that was just 3 months ago. JT didn't win because people like liberals, he won because people didn't want to see another term of cons, and many NDP voters cast their votes to liberal after the NDP failed to attract more people. In the end, anything could happen

HSD

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
itsmyid said:
Well, nobody thought American people wanted Trump to become the president, even early in the night of election Hilary was still predicted with over 90% of chance of winning ... and that was just 3 months ago. JT didn't win because people like liberals, he won because people didn't want to see another term of cons, and many NDP voters cast their votes to liberal after the NDP failed to attract more people. In the end, anything could happen
Trumps version of Canada is kelly leitch.Her chances of getting pc nominee are very low ,keeping aside defeating JT and grabbing power.One reason is JT is not as unpopular or hated as Clinton was in the states.If leitch wins it will be a disaster for Canada as trump is proving to be for the states.

Muby

Jun 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2013
Doc's Request.
14-04-2013
AOR Received.
Received with application
File Transfer...
20-02-2013
Med's Done....
15-01-2013
Interview........
10-12-2013
Passport Req..
10-12-2013 SAMEDAY
VISA ISSUED...
10-12-2013 SAMEDAY
LANDED..........
08-02-2014
Well done Conservative. Under C-6 I could apply for Citizenship Yesterday, but cox of your new rules that you made 2014 I need to wait a year more plus 1 year processing. I don't have a feeling that bill pass. all our members are wasting our time. That is my opinion :'( :'( :'(

Montreal101

Star Member
Dec 5, 2016
Muby said:
Well done Conservative. Under C-6 I could apply for Citizenship Yesterday, but cox of your new rules that you made 2014 I need to wait a year more plus 1 year processing. I don't have a feeling that bill pass. all our members are wasting our time. That is my opinion :'( :'( :'(
If you think the bill will not pass, why you are wasting your time and joining this thread then, just to spread your negativinty without any constructive opinion ? i would advise you to start your own thread with topic " Bill C-6 will not pass" ....... and that is my opinion :mad:

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Muby said:
I could have applied 2 years ago... Join the queue.

Muby

Jun 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2013
Doc's Request.
14-04-2013
AOR Received.
Received with application
File Transfer...
20-02-2013
Med's Done....
15-01-2013
Interview........
10-12-2013
Passport Req..
10-12-2013 SAMEDAY
VISA ISSUED...
10-12-2013 SAMEDAY
LANDED..........
08-02-2014
Montreal01. I don't care for what you said. I have right to think what i want that called freedom, you should do the same instead of attacking me

rasmy

Nov 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In this article, Senator Omidvar predicts that the senate will wind up the bill by March.
http://www.vancouversun.com/news/national/dramatic+increase+people+having+canadian+citizenship/12888212/story.html

"Saying the bill’s passage is long overdue, Omidvar predicted things could wrap up in March. But its passage through the Senate will come with controversy, especially as Tory senators are expected to assert their belief that citizenship should still be revoked from convicted criminals".

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
rasmy said:
In this article, Senator Omidvar predicts that the senate will wind up the bill by March.
http://www.vancouversun.com/news/national/dramatic+increase+people+having+canadian+citizenship/12888212/story.html

"Saying the bill’s passage is long overdue, Omidvar predicted things could wrap up in March. But its passage through the Senate will come with controversy, especially as Tory senators are expected to assert their belief that citizenship should still be revoked from convicted criminals".
I see nothing wrong with revoking it if one is convicted of crimes, especially since one can't really apply for PR or citizenship if convicted , why should it be any different after getting citizenship ...

HSD

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
itsmyid said:
I see nothing wrong with revoking it if one is convicted of crimes, especially since one can't really apply for PR or citizenship if convicted , why should it be any different after getting citizenship ...
The fundamental difference is once one becomes a citizen he/she should be treated the same way one is treated who gets citizenship by birth.So if a born citizen commits a heinous crime he is put into jail for a significant amount of time and only released when he is no more a threat to society.Same should be done to naturalized citizens otherwise it gives an impression that we are treated differently just because we were not born here.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
HSD said:
The fundamental difference is once one becomes a citizen he/she should be treated the same way one is treated who gets citizenship by birth.So if a born citizen commits a heinous crime he is put into jail for a significant amount of time and only released when he is no more a threat to society.Same should be done to naturalized citizens otherwise it gives an impression that we are treated differently just because we were not born here.
Born citizens can have their citizenship revoked under C6 as well.

HSD

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
torontosm said:
Born citizens can have their citizenship revoked under C6 as well.
Still it's very unfair because the law is still differentiating with such individuals because there parents might have some other country's citizens and these individuals somehow ended with dual citizenship.Deal with them in the harshest possible way for the crime they committed(it can be life imprisonment as well),but that way should be the same as the ones are dealt who don't have dual citizenship.

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
itsmyid said:
Gentlemen, revoking citizenship is a serious problem. Here is how:Who defines what is a "Crime" and who is a "terrorist"?? Killing 1 person or killing 10 people or just a thrustful speech or just peaceful opposition of government or getting 10 speeding tickets is a crime enough??

In Russia and other authoritarian countries, simple peaceful protest can get you on "terrorist" and "crime" list. If ministers start to define what "terrorism" is, sooner or later, simple political opponents will be on terrorist lists.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
quasar81 said:
Gentlemen, revoking citizenship is a serious problem. Here is how:Who defines what is a "Crime" and who is a "terrorist"?? Killing 1 person or killing 10 people or just a thrustful speech or just peaceful opposition of government or getting 10 speeding tickets is a crime enough??

In Russia and other authoritarian countries, simple peaceful protest can get you on "terrorist" and "crime" list. If ministers start to define what "terrorism" is, sooner or later, simple political opponents will be on terrorist lists.
What is a crime is clearly defined by something we call law