QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
Next meeting:
February 8, 2017 @ 4:15 PM
Social Affairs, Science and Technology
Study on the role of robotics, 3D printing and artificial intelligence in the healthcare system

:mad: :-X

spiritsoul

Jan 9, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-05-2011
File Transfer...
02-05-2011
Med's Request
25-11-2012
Med's Done....
17-01-2013
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2013
LANDED..........
16-06-2013
MarceauBletard said:
Next meeting:
February 8, 2017 @ 4:15 PM
Social Affairs, Science and Technology
Study on the role of robotics, 3D printing and artificial intelligence in the healthcare system

:mad: :-X
I just checked the website, they're also booked for Feb. 9th.

That's Crazy :mad: :-X

747-captain

Jan 8, 2015
El Cerrito, CA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 21, 2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
PER: Jan 21, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with App
File Transfer...
Unknown
Med's Request
Mar 13, 2015 (MR, FBI PCC [app sent to FBI 3/17] and RPRF)
Med's Done....
completed Mar. 23rd, 2015. ECAS 3rd line updated April 3rd.
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
August 08, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
August 13, 2015
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2016
HSD said:
We can only hope that the new appointees don't have any serious grudge against JT to hold back this bill.And even if they or the liberals want any new amendments to be introduced even then the whole senate stage process should complete within a fair timing of 2,3 months from now.
The Cons have already given their best ever performance of a delaying a single reading(2nd stage) for 4 long months.
Moreover I read somewhere that if the bill clears the committee stage then 3rd reading can be completed in only 1,2 days but again who knows.
I just wanted to add my 2 cents in here. First off, let me start by saying I desperately want this bill to pass as quickly as possible just like all of you! However, I would like to point out something very important. Personally, I believe the amendments are EXTREMELY important. And I will repeat that EXTREMELY!!!

The whole purpose I want Canadian citizenship is to belong to a place and feel protected by that place. Citizenship to me is ABSOLUTELY SACROSANCT!!!. In other words, my citizenship should not be a "joke" that one single minister can revoke based on his or her whims and fancies!! So I ask all of you guys to please not be short-sighted, but think of it in the long term. Once you gain it, don't you want your citizenship to be ABSOLUTELY ROCK SOLID?

My brother and sister are both US citizens and it is NEAR IMPOSSIBLE to revoke their citizenship. The process to revoke (especially after the 2-year statute of limitations has passed) is very very very very difficult. Yes, if they can PROVE (and the key word here is prove) beyond a reasonable doubt that you obtained your citizenship fraudulently, then they can do it. That involves a VERY extensive process. They have to convene a grand jury of 12 people, then USCIS has to ask the Federal court, and the court has to agree that there is enough evidence of fraud......And you can appeal it ALL THE WAY TO THE SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. It can also be revoked for some other very serious things like espionage, treason etc. ... but the point is not whether they can revoke it.

The point is how much protection do you have if someone falsely accuses you of something? What if a minister does not like the fact that you voted for the opposition party and simply says you did fraud in obtaining citizenship? What if a family member you just had a fight with anonymously reports that you did not meet your residence obligation? What if 2 or 3 of them gang up against you? (lets say they are reputable members of society like Doctors or politicians or something)? Do you see how dangerous a path this can go down.....? When I have obtained my citizenship, I don't want to live in fear that if I antagonize a few people I could be in danger of losing my citizenship based on false accusations.

Right now the way the citizenship law is in Canada, it is beyond shockingly insane!!! As that House member (I think her name is Jenny Kwan, NDP from BC?) correctly pointed out and I quote: someone who gets a parking ticket has more due process protections that someone whose citizenship is being revoked. If this is not the definition of insanity, I don't know what is!!!

This is why the amendment that says that anyone whose citizenship is being revoked will have the right to an appeal in an independent NON-POLITICAL court of law!!! is very very very crucial. Although it is not as robust as the US system, it at least affords some level of protection against evil people or a tyrannical minister hellbent on revoking citizenship for purposes like political retribution!

So, in a nutshell, I would rather the process take a few months longer, but I strongly believe the amendment to afford due process in revocation cases absolutely must be part of the bill! ...and if you value your citizenship all of you guys should support this position as well! :)

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
Hi All

Just noticed another immigration related bill has been referred to this committee just yesterday. The bill is "Bill S-210, An Act to amend An Act to amend the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the Civil Marriage Act and the Criminal Code and to make consequential amendments to other Acts".

Though I have not read what this bill is all about, but looking at 2 related bills (at least on same topic) before this committee, I feel that this committee has perhaps some experience in the past addressing immigration related bills.

I *feel* that they may be coming to C-6 soon though the schedule tells the other story.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
adey786 said:
Just noticed another immigration related bill has been referred to this committee just yesterday. The bill is "Bill S-210, An Act to amend An Act to amend the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the Civil Marriage Act and the Criminal Code and to make consequential amendments to other Acts".
Note that the bill has a three-digit number and is therefore a private member bill (not sponsored by the government). Generally speaking, government bills are given higher priority than non-government bills.

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
spyfy said:
Note that the bill has a three-digit number and is therefore a private member bill (not sponsored by the government). Generally speaking, government bills are given higher priority than non-government bills.
Oh ok thanks. I know there are so many experts in here and someone would pick it. Thanks for sharing valuable information.

Chrome

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
747-captain said:
I just wanted to add my 2 cents in here. First off, let me start by saying I desperately want this bill to pass as quickly as possible just like all of you! However, I would like to point out something very important. Personally, I believe the amendments are EXTREMELY important. And I will repeat that EXTREMELY!!!

The whole purpose I want Canadian citizenship is to belong to a place and feel protected by that place. Citizenship to me is ABSOLUTELY SACROSANCT!!!. In other words, my citizenship should not be a "joke" that one single minister can revoke based on his or her whims and fancies!! So I ask all of you guys to please not be short-sighted, but think of it in the long term. Once you gain it, don't you want your citizenship to be ABSOLUTELY ROCK SOLID?

My brother and sister are both US citizens and it is NEAR IMPOSSIBLE to revoke their citizenship. The process to revoke (especially after the 2-year statute of limitations has passed) is very very very very difficult. Yes, if they can PROVE (and the key word here is prove) beyond a reasonable doubt that you obtained your citizenship fraudulently, then they can do it. That involves a VERY extensive process. They have to convene a grand jury of 12 people, then USCIS has to ask the Federal court, and the court has to agree that there is enough evidence of fraud......And you can appeal it ALL THE WAY TO THE SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA. It can also be revoked for some other very serious things like espionage, treason etc. ... but the point is not whether they can revoke it.

The point is how much protection do you have if someone falsely accuses you of something? What if a minister does not like the fact that you voted for the opposition party and simply says you did fraud in obtaining citizenship? What if a family member you just had a fight with anonymously reports that you did not meet your residence obligation? What if 2 or 3 of them gang up against you? (lets say they are reputable members of society like Doctors or politicians or something)? Do you see how dangerous a path this can go down.....? When I have obtained my citizenship, I don't want to live in fear that if I antagonize a few people I could be in danger of losing my citizenship based on false accusations.

Right now the way the citizenship law is in Canada, it is beyond shockingly insane!!! As that House member (I think her name is Jenny Kwan, NDP from BC?) correctly pointed out and I quote: someone who gets a parking ticket has more due process protections that someone whose citizenship is being revoked. If this is not the definition of insanity, I don't know what is!!!

This is why the amendment that says that anyone whose citizenship is being revoked will have the right to an appeal in an independent NON-POLITICAL court of law!!! is very very very crucial. Although it is not as robust as the US system, it at least affords some level of protection against evil people or a tyrannical minister hellbent on revoking citizenship for purposes like political retribution!

So, in a nutshell, I would rather the process take a few months longer, but I strongly believe the amendment to afford due process in revocation cases absolutely must be part of the bill! ...and if you value your citizenship all of you guys should support this position as well! :)
Totally agree

tyl92

Apr 1, 2013
next week's committee schedule has been posted . It looks like C6 won't be discussed next week unfortunately , we are heading to march most likely :-\ and should it be amended , we are looking at a very tight schedule after that .

https://sencanada.ca/en/annual-calendars/

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
do you guys feel that once C6 becomes law and CIC rolls out the changes, there will be a flood of applications which would in-turn make processing longer ?

I assume a lot of us are past the 3 year mark and are in or close to their 4th year after PR.

sivabalan

Star Member
Jan 25, 2014
Windsor, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-08-2010
Passport Req..
01-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
01-09-2013
LANDED..........
20-09-2013
Latest news with a mention about Bill C-6.

www hilltimes.com/2017/02/02/ministerial-mandate-changes-made-today-include-govt-breaking-electoral-reform-promise/94585

Pls Note: I am unable to paste the link as it is. Hence removed the "." after www

Saga

Star Member
Feb 20, 2011
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 September 2010
AOR Received.
26 September 2010
Med's Request
22 February 2011
Med's Done....
29 March 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
19 April 2011
LANDED..........
26 May 2011
sivabalan said:
Latest news with a mention about Bill C-6.

www hilltimes.com/2017/02/02/ministerial-mandate-changes-made-today-include-govt-breaking-electoral-reform-promise/94585

Pls Note: I am unable to paste the link as it is. Hence removed the "." after www
That is actually good news. I think the government has really good intentions but the senate is such a slow, old and bureaucratic entity that it is slowing everybody, including the government's agenda

subha_1962

Dec 20, 2013
https://www.hilltimes.com/2017/02/02/ministerial-mandate-changes-made-today-include-govt-breaking-electoral-reform-promise/

PM gave same mandate to John McCullum last year.....

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
subha_1962 said:
https://www.hilltimes.com/2017/02/02/ministerial-mandate-changes-made-today-include-govt-breaking-electoral-reform-promise/

PM gave same mandate to John McCullum last year.....
here's hoping that the new immigration minister is better at following mandates than JM