Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
punk said:
TBH fees is still very very very reasonable. For heaven sake, you are getting citizenship of a country !
I am happy to pay a premium for expedited processing.
Exactly! Ditto!

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
punk said:
TBH fees is still very very very reasonable. For heaven sake, you are getting citizenship of a country !
I have said the same thing before but apparently a lot of people were unhappy about it and saying it was against Canadian values, among other things. I firmly believe one can save $600 over the course of 4 years if he really wants to, that's just $12.5 a month, 42 cents a day, and if you put into a saving's account it can even earn you some interest and get to $600 sooner - For example: I don't have cable at home, and my cellphone uses prepaid service that costs less than $100/year (compared to almost everybody else's data/voice plan that costs at least $40 a month), that's a lot of savings already.

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
punk said:
I agree strongly! +1 for your comment!

Hasan

junyul1991

Mar 14, 2014
itsmyid said:
I have said the same thing before but apparently a lot of people were unhappy about it and saying it was against Canadian values, among other things. I firmly believe one can save $600 over the course of 4 years if he really wants to, that's just $12.5 a month, 42 cents a day, and if you put into a saving's account it can even earn you some interest and get to $600 sooner - For example: I don't have cable at home, and my cellphone uses prepaid service that costs less than $100/year (compared to almost everybody else's data/voice plan that costs at least $40 a month), that's a lot of savings already.
It's completely nonsense to say the reason of decline of number of applications is the fee. Obviously the 4/6 rule and cancelling pre-PR days disqualified many people.

tyl92

Apr 1, 2013
junyul1991 said:
It's completely nonsense to say the reason of decline of number of applications is the fee. Obviously the 4/6 rule and cancelling pre-PR days disqualified many people.
100% true and conservatives were fully aware of that , by reducing the amount of applicants during a certain period of time that will mathematically result in shorter delays of processing , there was no magic.

Regarding the fees, i could understand that it may be a barrier for families when you have to pay for 4-5 persons then it could end up being expensive on the overall amount but applying for citizenship is not mandatory as well . Being a permanent resident allows you to do anything that a citizen can . For example , if you're applying for citizenship to benefit from travel freedoms then one could afford to pay the fees since you wish to travel overseas . Like another member said you're applying for a citizenship, for 630$ you can't even pay for a smartphone nowadays and still the fees are reasonable to me since I can benefit from better overall service efficiency from
CIC . When applying for PR , it could easily add up to 1-2k$ , i don't see what is the issue to pay 630$ to acquire citizenship from a country
And articles like this one shouldn't even be read nor considered since analysis are most of the time never made and misinformation is spread most of the time

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
itsmyid said:
I have said the same thing before but apparently a lot of people were unhappy about it and saying it was against Canadian values, among other things. I firmly believe one can save $600 over the course of 4 years if he really wants to,
i paid $400 CAD for 2 US visa's "one-entry" each over a 12 months period..mind you i'm also required to pay a "reciprocity fee" on top of that at the border upon entry to the US, visa's alone could amount to $1600 over a 4 year period. At least for me...a "canadian passport" (when i qualify for it) is waay cheaper..

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
emamabd said:
i paid $400 CAD for 2 US visa's "one-entry" each over a 12 months period..mind you i'm also required to pay a "reciprocity fee" on top of that at the border upon entry to the US, visa's alone could amount to $1600 over a 4 year period. At least for me...a "canadian passport" (when i qualify for it) is waay cheaper..
True! I paid almost USD 1000/- for 5 years UK multiple visa!

Hasan

ghonghadze

Star Member
Nov 15, 2014
I suggest news agencies to concentrate on most difficult and problematic Issues rather than Citizenship Fees. Starting from Harper's poitics people simply can not become Permanent Residents in normal times. I had been waiting for PR last 3 years and and there are thousands of individuals like me and the most painful staff is that No days count towards citizenship under current law( which was created by Conservative party). No wonder why people do not vote for them. I am sure that My vote will always be for Liberals. News agencies : come on folks people are separated over several years and you do not even mention this staff. .... what fees you are talking about ... look at the reality

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
ghonghadze said:
I suggest news agencies to concentrate on most difficult and problematic Issues rather than Citizenship Fees. Starting from Harper's poitics people simply can not become Permanent Residents in normal times. I had been waiting for PR last 3 years and and there are thousands of individuals like me and the most painful staff is that No days count towards citizenship under current law( which was created by Conservative party). No wonder why people do not vote for them. I am sure that My vote will always be for Liberals. News agencies : come on folks people are separated over several years and you do not even mention this staff. .... what fees you are talking about ... look at the reality
I agree with you towards expeditious processing of Bill C-6!

Hope everything will work out in a way that the opposition wouldn't differ too much and go ahead to make it a law in next couple of months.

Hasan

MarceauBletard

Aug 12, 2016
Montréal, Québec
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montréal, Québec
LANDED..........
18-05-2011 WHP
T minus 4 hours until the first of the 2 C-6 debates start.
In a day where Claudie Julien has replaced Michel Therrien as head coach, I'm sure not a lot of people care about it but us... ::)

Need Canadian Pr

Jan 25, 2015
Hasan9999 said:
I agree with you towards expeditious processing of Bill C-6!

Hope everything will work out in a way that the opposition wouldn't differ too much and go ahead to make it a law in next couple of months.

Hasan
not possible

Muby

Jun 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2013
Doc's Request.
14-04-2013
AOR Received.
Received with application
File Transfer...
20-02-2013
Med's Done....
15-01-2013
Interview........
10-12-2013
Passport Req..
10-12-2013 SAMEDAY
VISA ISSUED...
10-12-2013 SAMEDAY
LANDED..........
08-02-2014
Hope we will heard something positive today

lithium002

Nov 11, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb/07/2013
Doc's Request.
Aug/22/2013
AOR Received.
Mar/19/2013
Med's Request
Dec/01/2013
Med's Done....
Dec/09/2013
Passport Req..
Mar/13/2014
VISA ISSUED...
Mar/26/2014
LANDED..........
Mar/30/2014
Link to the meeting today in Senate: https://sencanada.ca/en/Committees/SOCI/NoticeOfMeeting/445732/42-1