N/A
Passport Req..
16-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2011
LANDED..........
26-03-2011
om saif said:
guys, i called cic and told them my husband will be eligible to apply in august, they said he has to wait one more year according to the new law ??? ???. it is really confusing. you all say that PRs who will apply soon will not be affected. who to believe?
Their own website says:

"Citizenship applicants will need to be physically present in Canada for a total of four out of their last six years. In addition, they will need to be physically present in Canada for 183 days per year for at least four of those six years. These provisions will come into force in approximately a year."

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=859509&_ga=1.233535646.1034452582.1403274176

I suspect it will take a little while for CIC staff to be brought up to speed on the new provisions and when they come into force...

RAY2112

Jul 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am eligible in October 2015 under previous law but with this law I have to wait extra year bad luck for me. All the best for the guys who applying right now. My question is do I have to complete the forth year before i apply under new law even if I have the 6 month physical year. Thanks guys

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
om saif said:
guys, i called cic and told them my husband will be eligible to apply in august, they said he has to wait one more year according to the new law ??? ???. it is really confusing. you all say that PRs who will apply soon will not be affected. who to believe?
Not a reliable source.

sicko86

Aug 18, 2009
Mississauga , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2010
Doc's Request.
8-3-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
28-11-2011
Med's Done....
29-11-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2012
LANDED..........
28-01-2012
civic said:
The central attention of late evening CIC notice yesterday lies on this sentence: “These provisions will come into force in approximately a year”

Thousands of people have been looking for this assurance. If they announce it during the bill stage I would imagine there will be few to none petition supports, and the opposing voice won't be that strong. After all people care for their own interests first. At least CIC has done something good eventually.
It is not about being good or bad .. this is how it should be .. they need to prepare the system for this transition (train people, prepare new forms and make sure everything will be done correctly ), also in any Bill that affects hundred of thousands of applicants wont come into force immediately they have to notify people to be prepared for that. I have mentioned that before and I said it wont come in matter of days, NEVER HAPPEND and WILL NEVER HAPPEN .. I reviewed already tens of Bills and never saw any bill (either citizenship related or other) coming into force in less than 3 months Mentioning that Citizenship Acts 1977 and 2008 came into force a year later. When I said that you accused me that I have a WEAK ARGUMENT!! People were freaking out and though it will just come immediately .. WHICH NEVER MADE SENSE TO ME!

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RAY2112 said:
I am eligible in October 2015 under previous law but with this law I have to wait extra year bad luck for me. All the best for the guys who applying right now. My question is do I have to complete the forth year before i apply under new law even if I have the 6 month physical year. Thanks guys
you probably won't have the required days unless you finish the 4 years. that too without any vacations.

Bargeld

Sep 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-07-2011
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2011
LANDED..........
20-10-2011
mqbh said:
Congratulations to those PRs who are close to submit their citizenship applications, at least by the end of 2014. Good, some PRs got some relief.
Thanks, I think.

Applying November/December.

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
om saif said:
Can you try to call again and speak with another agent? If they insist on what their colleague said, confront them with the notice from CIC last night.

sicko86

Aug 18, 2009
Mississauga , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2010
Doc's Request.
8-3-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
28-11-2011
Med's Done....
29-11-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2012
LANDED..........
28-01-2012
om saif said:
It doesnt make sense .. the news was posted on the government website saying it will come into force approximately a year later. This was released by CIC media office! I think the agent you talked to still doesnt have a clear picture himself.

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
civic said:
Can you try to call again and speak with another agent? If they insist on what their colleague said, confront them with the notice from CIC last night.
I don't think anyone should base their application on what CIC's web site says now -- I'm sure that they'll release a definitive statement soon of how the old regulations and the new regulations are going to mesh with each other, it's going to be a bit complicated. There's no point in arguing with CIC call agents.

Tolerance

Star Member
May 14, 2014
on-hold said:
I don't think anyone should base their application on what CIC's web site says now -- I'm sure that they'll release a definitive statement soon of how the old regulations and the new regulations are going to mesh with each other, it's going to be a bit complicated. There's no point in arguing with CIC call agents.
I agree. Why does everybody think that just because they took one sentence out of the Government PR statement they can consider themselves safe?

I mean, I want to believe it like everyone else, but I cannot believe the folks who said last night they would sleep like babies.

Let us wait and see, not out of the woods yet.

The Orders in Council can be found here: http://www.pco-bcp.gc.ca/oic-ddc.asp?lang=eng&page=secretariats .

Until I see the implementation dates for Section 5, I will not be convinced of anything.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i think the best bet would be to use the residency calculator. you will know if you are eligible or not, based on when they change the settings of the calculation.

sicko86

Aug 18, 2009
Mississauga , ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2010
Doc's Request.
8-3-2010
AOR Received.
13-10-2010
File Transfer...
19-10-2011
Med's Request
28-11-2011
Med's Done....
29-11-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-01-2012
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2012
LANDED..........
28-01-2012
chakrab said:
i think the best bet would be to use the residency calculator. you will not if you are eligible or not, based on when they change the settings of the calculation.
I dont think they had time to update the calculator and they wont till a year later .. Guys I think you should all relax .. the new Law won't come into force until a year later .. it is a common practice and they mentioned that clearly on the government website which was released direcly by CIC media office .. till when we have to keep freaking out!

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sicko86 said:
I dont think they had time to update the calculator and they wont till a year later .. Guys I think you should all relax .. the new Law won't come into force until a year later .. it is a common practice and they mentioned that clearly on the government website which was released direcly by CIC media office .. till when we have to keep freaking out!
they won't update the calculator till the date of enforcement. so anyone who is submitting the documents just retype the dates on the online calculator that morning. if it says you are eligible, just go and post the application :)

but obviously, keep looking at any changes to the form. they may update fields any time. some people may have filled the form now in fear and now plan not to submit it for a while since you are safe. don't use older forms.

MrB

Star Member
Aug 24, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I give God all the glory and praise, for all I know the bill could have come into force at royal assent. God is forever faithful!

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MrB said:
I give God all the glory and praise, for all I know the bill could have come into force at royal assent. God is forever faithful!
the bill would have never come into force at royal assent. it was mentioned in the bill clearly. you should thank chris alexander for that :D