+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bil timeline/ linking issues

Josh242

Aug 3, 2024
App. Filed.......
01-01-2024
Can anyone give some insight in how long it usually takes to get a Biometric request after reciving AOR. Additionally a bonus question my wife got the AOR but she's unable to link my application to her account as it keeps saying information is invalid or its not in their system as yet. But I thought once you get AOR it's one of the green lights that it's now in the system

alex00

Star Member
Jul 2, 2024
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
05-06-2024
AOR Received.
03-07-2024
Can anyone give some insight in how long it usually takes to get a Biometric request after reciving AOR. Additionally a bonus question my wife got the AOR but she's unable to link my application to her account as it keeps saying information is invalid or its not in their system as yet. But I thought once you get AOR it's one of the green lights that it's now in the system
If you're talking about the Application Status Tracker, it's currently broken (not updating since mid-June). How long it takes to get BIL depends on if your application is inland or outland.

Charlamanderxxxx

Star Member
Jun 27, 2024
Hi. Are you referring to the tracker or CGKey?

When did you receive the AOR? Normally, it takes a few days after this to link your application on GCKey. the tracker has not been working since mid-June. Maybe that is why. If you refer to CGkey, when linking the application, sometimes you need to enter '2' in the number of applicants section. Somehow, the system counts the sponsor as 1. Please try that to see if it works!

Charlamanderxxxx

Star Member
Jun 27, 2024
Biometrics can take weeks or months, depends

Josh242

Aug 3, 2024
App. Filed.......
01-01-2024
If you're talking about the Application Status Tracker, it's currently broken (not updating since mid-June). How long it takes to get BIL depends on if your application is inland or outland.
I'm Outland and yeah I did mean the family sponsorship application tracker

Josh242

Aug 3, 2024
App. Filed.......
01-01-2024
Hi. Are you referring to the tracker or CGKey?

When did you receive the AOR? Normally, it takes a few days after this to link your application on GCKey. the tracker has not been working since mid-June. Maybe that is why. If you refer to CGkey, when linking the application, sometimes you need to enter '2' in the number of applicants section. Somehow, the system counts the sponsor as 1. Please try that to see if it works!
Thank you for the help I will try I got my AOR on the 31st August on a Saturday as you know Sept 2nd was a holiday so if we don't count that it's been almost 3 business days

Charlamanderxxxx

Star Member
Jun 27, 2024
Thank you for the help I will try I got my AOR on the 31st August on a Saturday as you know Sept 2nd was a holiday so if we don't count that it's been almost 3 business days
I think you should be able to link now. Please try! Please try "2" instead of 1 as well and see! good luck!

Josh242

Aug 3, 2024
App. Filed.......
01-01-2024
I think you should be able to link now. Please try! Please try "2" instead of 1 as well and see! good luck!
I'm I suppose to use the sponsor information since I haven't received a UCI as yet but she has one for her application as a sponsor via the AOR. So should I fill it out using the sponsor info and the application number provided on the AOR?

Charlamanderxxxx

Star Member
Jun 27, 2024

Josh242

Aug 3, 2024
App. Filed.......
01-01-2024
Aw what did it say? it is this link right? https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html

PR Portal won't change from "submitted" lol We won't be using that until P2 so that is a while even with P2, I got my PR card now and P2 still says "in review" in there"
Yes, it's the link above. its saying the same thing that it doesn't see it in the system and that i have 5 attempts within 24hrs. etc. my only guess can be is that although they approved my wife to sponsor, they haven't fully finished reviewing my application as a principal applicant to be a sponsor. would normally assume that both would be checked together which is why some people received the AOR and BIL together but in my case it seems my AOR came for the sponsor but my application is still processing at the intial stage

Charlamanderxxxx

Star Member
Jun 27, 2024
Yes, it's the link above. its saying the same thing that it doesn't see it in the system and that i have 5 attempts within 24hrs. etc. my only guess can be is that although they approved my wife to sponsor, they haven't fully finished reviewing my application as a principal applicant to be a sponsor. would normally assume that both would be checked together which is why some people received the AOR and BIL together but in my case it seems my AOR came for the sponsor but my application is still processing at the intial stage
Let's try again tomorrow and I hope it works! Try her GCKey account

Reactions: Josh242

Josh242

Aug 3, 2024
App. Filed.......
01-01-2024
Update for in case others run into the problem in the future here's what i did
Ok so i did it today and it linked on my second try heres what I did.
first ensure you only used the information for the principle applicant not the sponsor information
second choose application number and last name then type in the application number and the last name for the principle applicant
third choose passport over birth city I orginally was only using birth city but it wasen't doing but this time i used passport for the first time
and after doing all of that it worked oh and don't forget to choose 2 instead of 1 if its just for one person thats also important