+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Big issue

aliceinchains

Mar 30, 2010
Hi,

I have quite a big issue to deal with.

I arrived in Quebec with a 1 year student visa. Before I could find a place of my own I was hosted by a girl who became my girlfriend. Then my visa came to an end, with no more money, no job found (at that time you could only extend to a working permit if you found a job related to your studies + the whole immigration process for the company, I sent dozens of resumes and gave phone calls everywhere but mission impossible in my time frame) and a girlfriend I didn't want to be separated from.

She couldn't sponsor me because it was a huge load of money and she was only a student herself. I was broke so I couldn't give her that money or even try anything else.

It's now been 8 years since my arrival, 7 years as an illegal alien, my girlfriend dumbed me 2 years ago and I always had about just enough money to eat and pay the rent.

So now that you know everything, hoping you won't judge to harshly me because I did my best in a very complicated situation, do you know anything I can do ? Is there a procedure for people like me who were there for so long ?

Thanks for your help and understanding.

aliceinchains

Mar 30, 2010
Hi again,

Anyone ? Is there a way for me to legalize my situation ?

If I end up leaving to go back home, what do I risk ? Will I be free to go or will I be put in jail or something ? As far as I know they will let me go without doing anything to me but I'll never have a chance to come back, permanently or for some time.

Thanks !