+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best way to proof physical presence

gordinho

Mar 20, 2021
In the calculator you enter where you actually *lived*, independently of your mailing address for official matters like sending PR cards etc. This is common and will not raise questions, it is normal while people settle under various economic constraints.

Reactions: Rutherfords

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Best thing to prove your physical presence during your stay in canada is to take classes in college or English classes where there is attendance and the attendance sheet you attach with application to show your stay in canada.
How the heck does a student get access to an attendance sheet? Or is this some vernacular phrase I’m not familiar with?

amerkhaled

Star Member
May 17, 2021
When you finish the coarse you ask for the grades and scheduale of dates of coarse.this document will show when you took the classes and better way to prove your presence in canada.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
When you finish the coarse you ask for the grades and scheduale of dates of coarse.this document will show when you took the classes and better way to prove your presence in canada.
Ok, I think this is more commonly called transcripts in Canadian schools, thanks for the clarification.

Rutherfords

Star Member
Sep 7, 2021
In the calculator you enter where you actually *lived*, independently of your mailing address for official matters like sending PR cards etc. This is common and will not raise questions, it is normal while people settle under various economic constraints.
This is close to how I am thinking about this. However considering the address used to get the PR card is in the system, it might make sense to provide a line explanation - that it was used only for mailing purposes, or would that be unnecessary?

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront (uploaded with application)
Med's Request
Upfront (uploaded with application)
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
Hi @Canadavisa92

I am in the same boat as you; gave my friend's address for PR card, CBSA Declaration and my SIN, since there was no proper address yet to provide them. And I resided in an Airbnb for the first couple of months. Now I plan to provide my Airbnb address inspite of the mailing address I gave out as an address initially.

How did you fill out your application? And how has your progress been on the application?

I would appreciate anything I could learn from our experience. Thank you.
Hey i just saw that
It actually wasnt my application its a friend of mine
I will be asking how it went but I think its going fine she eneded up putting in the actual address where she stayed and not the mailing address so the airnbnb

Rutherfords

Star Member
Sep 7, 2021
Hey i just saw that
It actually wasnt my application its a friend of mine
I will be asking how it went but I think its going fine she eneded up putting in the actual address where she stayed and not the mailing address so the airnbnb
Thank you for your response.
Yes, if you could please ask her, if all went smoothly with how she filled out the address in the application, would confirm to me that this is the way to do it right.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hey all,
I was wondering, what are the best ways to prove physical presence in Canada if for some time the applicant was unemployed and also going from one house to another rent free (family or friends )
Your insights are appreciated
@rajkamalmohanram - I would appreciate it very much, if you'd provide your insight in this matter.
Unless you are sent a Residency Questionnaire (RQ), you don't have to worry about this. The stamps on the passport should, in many cases, be sufficient to prove that the applicant didn't travel outside the country.

If you are sent a RQ, there are several documents that can be submitted to prove your physical presence :

• Rental agreements / Proof of rent payments
  • Credit Card / Debit Card transactions that show transactions made in stores in Canada
  • Personal Health Summary Claim from the provincial government
  • Tax filing returns (doesn't prove "physical presence" but might at least support "ties to Canada".
  • Any documents that prove the benefits that were received (GST/HST claims / CCB etc)
  • Utility bills (Phone / Hydro / Mobile / Internet / Cable etc)
  • If you tried applying for jobs here in Canada, then all those emails will help establish "intent" to reside in Canada.
  • Any possessions you have in Canada (Car / House etc)
  • Any debt obligations in Canada (for example, car loan payments)

Any form of RQ request isn't very common so you don't have to worry about this, at least not until you get a RQ request.

Rutherfords

Star Member
Sep 7, 2021
Unless you are sent a Residency Questionnaire (RQ), you don't have to worry about this. The stamps on the passport should, in many cases, be sufficient to prove that the applicant didn't travel outside the country.

If you are sent a RQ, there are several documents that can be submitted to prove your physical presence :

• Credit Card / Debit Card transactions that show transactions made in stores in Canada
  • Tax filing returns (doesn't prove "physical presence" but might at least support "ties to Canada".
  • Any documents that prove the benefits that were received (GST/HST claims / CCB etc)
  • If you tried applying for jobs here in Canada, then all those emails will help establish "intent" to reside in Canada.

Any form of RQ request isn't very common so you don't have to worry about this, at least not until you get a RQ request.
Thank you for making this crystal. I appreciate your detailed explanation.

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram

baimmeb

Nov 21, 2016
Calgary, AB

if people got RQ will their file be rejected easily ?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
if people got RQ will their file be rejected easily ?
If they determine you do not meet the requirements, then you will likely be refused after a lengthy process. If you do meet the requirements but they decide to scrutinize the application in detail, then you'll likely be approved (after a lengthy process) IMO.

Reactions: baimmeb

Sammy3

Star Member
Apr 14, 2015

Hi,

I have a question regarding the exit stamps. I made several one/two day trips to US in 2019 andI I wonder how CBSA gets the exit dates? Do they obtain that from US border agency?

Thanks

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi,

I have a question regarding the exit stamps. I made several one/two day trips to US in 2019 andI I wonder how CBSA gets the exit dates? Do they obtain that from US border agency?

Thanks
AFAIK, US and Canada share information about border crossings. The exit record from US will be with CBP and CBSA would likely be able to access it.

Reactions: Sammy3

wink

May 25, 2021
Hi,

Thanks
Yes, CBSA and CBP exchange entry/exit data. Sometimes they may miss to report entries to each other. But most part, they do.

Reactions: Sammy3