+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best shortest time for landing in Montreal

JohnM28

Aug 6, 2011
Hi all,

I just got my visa but some friends told me that January is not a good time for landing as the government offices will be off for vacation and i won't be able to do my papers.

Does anyone have more info. about that? and when could be the best shortest time for landing?

I'd really appreciate any help on that.

Thank you,

AtHomeInMontreal

Star Member
Dec 6, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2011
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
Never
Med's Done....
Done prior to App
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
Nov 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2011
LANDED..........
Dec 2011
Hi, John.

I don't know if your actual landing would be affected by Montreal's municipal holidays as someone from immigration should be available at your point of entry to take care of your needs. However I'd call to make sure and to verify the days and hours that an immigration officer is available. Some land crossings (such as in Vermont) may not always have an immigration officer available during "off" hours.

For the record, here is the list of Quebec Holidays that might affect you in 2011/2012 (the days they have off):

Christmas Eve: 23 Dec
Christmas: 26 Dec
Boxing Day: 27 Dec
New Year's Eve: 30 Dec
New Year's Day: 2 Jan
January 2nd: 3 Jan

If you have municipal needs in Montreal I'd probably avoid the period between 19 Dec and 6 Jan as there will (undoubtedly) be a lot of people with time off during this block.

I hope this helps!

JohnM28

Aug 6, 2011
Thanks a lot, i appreciate a lot your help.
To be on the safe side, i am planning to do the landing with my family at the 3rd week of January.