+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best PNP Pathway for NOC 5121 - Authors and Writers

Tantr1c

Nov 4, 2019
Good day,
I am looking to go the PNP pathway for migration to Canada. I have received an NOI once from Ontario years ago, but was not able to act on it in the required time period, and my EE profile expired. I submitted another EE profile, but was not able to get another NOI. It is something I really regret until now. :(

Is there any other PNP that NOC 5121 (Authors and Writers) has a shot at? I have tried researching but was not able to find such a pathway. Please advise. Thanks!

EB24

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
British Columbia is open to this NOC 5121. I have the same NOC and have been researching too and that's how I know :)

sri_12

Feb 23, 2020
British Columbia is open to this NOC 5121. I have the same NOC and have been researching too and that's how I know :)

Hi what kind of role do you have under 5121. ? I am an SEO COntent Writer and have written for web platforms to execute content strategy.I feel it fits better with 1123. I am not an ad copywriter or technical writer. I am confused and CIC details are pretty unclear about this role. PLEASE GUIDE!!!

EB24

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
Hi what kind of role do you have under 5121. ? I am an SEO COntent Writer and have written for web platforms to execute content strategy.I feel it fits better with 1123. I am not an ad copywriter or technical writer. I am confused and CIC details are pretty unclear about this role. PLEASE GUIDE!!!

Hey! I'm a copywriter by profession and work for a digital advertising agency. I write website content, social media content and so on...
Basically, you need to see if your roles and responsibilities match that under the NOC you're looking at. It can be quite tricky. In fact most of my roles and responsibilities aren't mentioned..so I spoke to someone who received their PR and provided me clarity on the same.

sri_12

Feb 23, 2020
Hey! I'm a copywriter by profession and work for a digital advertising agency. I write website content, social media content, and so on...
Basically, you need to see if your roles and responsibilities match that under the NOC you're looking at. It can be quite tricky. In fact, most of my roles and responsibilities aren't mentioned..so I spoke to someone who received their PR and provided me clarity on the same.
@EB24 thanks for answering! Yes, I've pretty much done the same role (only Content writer instead of copywriting) but with agency and in-house duties. I've checked both 5121 (barely anything there) and 1123 I felt that I could somehow manipulate 1123 to fit into Content Marketing. What did this person tell you to go with? I'm thinking of choosing another NOC altogether since I changed my field from that to this one, my consultant says it's easier with that NOC since also that company is well known in Canada as well.

Last edited:

EB24

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
@EB24 thanks for answering! Yes, I've pretty much done the same role (only Content writer instead of copywriting) but with agency and in-house duties. I've checked both 5121 (barely anything there) and 1123 I felt that I could somehow manipulate 1123 to fit into Content Marketing. What did this person tell you to go with? I'm thinking of choosing another NOC altogether since I changed my field from that to this one, my consultant says it's easier with that NOC since also that company is well known in Canada as well.

I'm going with 5121. Even I was sceptical because of the listed roles and responsibilities didn't quite match what I did, mine is more meaty in terms of what's mentioned. But you can explain that out is what I have been told. As long as u can justify your roles and responsibilities under the NOC you're choosing, it should be fine.
I'd suggest you take a paid consultation from "Ask Kubeir" ( just Google it) and maybe you'll get better clarity. This is just in case your consultant isn't able to provide you with the right choice. At the end of the day you wouldn't want your application getting rejected for choosing the wrong NOC :)

sri_12

Feb 23, 2020
I'm going with 5121. Even I was sceptical because of the listed roles and responsibilities didn't quite match what I did, mine is more meaty in terms of what's mentioned. But you can explain that out is what I have been told. As long as u can justify your roles and responsibilities under the NOC you're choosing, it should be fine.
I'd suggest you take a paid consultation from "Ask Kubeir" ( just Google it) and maybe you'll get better clarity. This is just in case your consultant isn't able to provide you with the right choice. At the end of the day you wouldn't want your application getting rejected for choosing the wrong NOC :)
I know right! They have like a single line item for Writing on there especially for marketing. I've done content for websites, blogs, and even social media but it doesnt fall into "ad writing" as per CIC, therefore the whole confusion. My consultant seems pretty helpful so far. A content writer NOC just seems to have fallen through the cracks :p I'm on Ask Kubeir group! He doesn't respond :(

Reactions: EB24

EB24

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
I know right! They have like a single line item for Writing on there especially for marketing. I've done content for websites, blogs, and even social media but it doesnt fall into "ad writing" as per CIC, therefore the whole confusion. My consultant seems pretty helpful so far. A content writer NOC just seems to have fallen through the cracks :p I'm on Ask Kubeir group! He doesn't respond :(

Yes! That's why avail of the paid services if you can. There is an option for NOC specific. Hopefully you'll get your query answered.

rad_mak

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
What's your crs?

Afzal Khan

Star Member
Oct 12, 2019
Good day everyone,

I have submitted my application on 28 Oct 2019 for self-employed (authors and writers) category federal immigration into Canada. It is made online and now it has been 15 months since I am waiting for their decision. My case is in the London office. How long it is going to take more until a final decision is made?
Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Good day everyone,

I have submitted my application on 28 Oct 2019 for self-employed (authors and writers) category federal immigration into Canada. It is made online and now it has been 15 months since I am waiting for their decision. My case is in the London office. How long it is going to take more until a final decision is made?
Thanks
It takes at least two years to get a decision.