+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

best Ontario cities for employment ,and your opinion

forum_talk

May 11, 2014
Hi to all of you wish you the best
i would like to know your experience if working in any of the cities in Ontario,we hear a lot of news about cities that are having good jobs and enough jobs in Ontario,but by your experience could you comment on any of them? you can find some of them among these cities ,this one is over all canada map.but the point is that people cannot move to whole canada at anytime.it is a huge country and it has its own local adaption needed to find network,friends,settlement and jobs .especially if you are with family ,it is even harder.so,residing in one province makes sense.i think those of us who at least lived 2 years to 3 years have a fairly good picture of the whole city.i lived myself in 2 cities in Ontario but none of them were among those with plethora of employment .they were either small with little opportunity or large with lots of competition.you know better than me that there are just 20% of jobs that are advertised .

also,some jobs just goes within the same workers in same company .so if you work there chances are high you get them.i found a lot of different scoring and ranking for the cities and this makes confusion,that is the reason that news are not trust worthy.
of course other factors contributes .there could be fairly good employment market but high living price and low wages that leads someone cannot settle in a city.for instance,Toronto over all cost of living increased by 300% over 10 years and wages remain stagnant in many position except for senior level management jobs. i would be very thankful to express your opinion.
this is list of the cities .
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_in_Ontario
http://careers.workopolis.com/advice/canadas-best-cities-for-finding-work-right-now/

arunsgirl

Star Member
Feb 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2011 re-submitted April 1st
AOR Received.
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
14-05-2011
Med's Done....
21-12-2010
LANDED..........
16-08-2011
What industry are you in?

forum_talk

May 11, 2014
arunsgirl said:
What industry are you in?
i think it does not matter over all.for example when unemployment hit calgary due to oil price drop,still over there unemployment is more than 10% but when it happened ,then it targeted a chain of works and employment.if a city does not have a good employment opportunity ,it is essentially applies to most sectors.although some are hit more .there are some provinces that in north or south or west or east have 19% unemployment while other parts of province have lower for instance this report.i generally cannot accept this new report or stats.for low unemployment like even northern manitoba ,it is 32% unemployment but generally the actual unemployment is higher sometimes 4 to 8% higher .and it is not included part time jobs or jobs that pay low and regarded as under employment .so i trust people who lived there rather than reports .

canada never publishes immigrants unemployment rate region by region or even overall.especially new immigrants data.even government employment agencies would not give you actual picture.i have asked them but they said they do not know.data should be very honest and wide range including race,education,gender etc ."part-time worker,full time workers,in which sector and low wage earner or high wage earner based on race ,education,gender ,new immigrants or being in canada for more than 3 years(not new immigrant any more) etc." but we cannot never ever see these data any where.US publishes them a lot in precise way.not 100% true picture but overall 70 to 80% true. they say margin of error but margin of error is higher
http://srv129.services.gc.ca/eiregions/eng/rates_cur.aspx

arunsgirl

Star Member
Feb 9, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2011 re-submitted April 1st
AOR Received.
24-05-2011
File Transfer...
14-05-2011
Med's Done....
21-12-2010
LANDED..........
16-08-2011
Ok, I was asking what industry because certain cities are better at certain things, that's all. These are the ones I'm familiar with:

Toronto: finance, medical, pharmaceutical, corporate management, retail, IT, food processing wholesale
Montreal: creative industries, culture, advertising, retail, small business
Waterloo: IT
Mississauga: large corporations headquarters, warehousing, research, corporate management