+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best MONTH to apply for citizenship

eagle54

Feb 17, 2015
It would seem the obvious answer we be NOW.

But I can't find any data to indicate what is the best time/month (low applications sent etc) to apply for citizenship.

Anybody got any websites to refer to?

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
December 12th at 4:30 pm, so wait almost a year :))))

You gotta be kidding me lol it is not buying a car or house.

era1521

Oct 7, 2014
eagle54 said:

But I can't find any data to indicate what is the best time/month (low applications sent etc) to apply for citizenship.

best month would be the month you fulfill the requirement.seriously, how do come up with this questions? what are you trying to figure out by getting an answer to it?

eagle54

Feb 17, 2015
by avoiding the period where a lot of people are applying.

I was merely asking for some data, if there was something available. If there are none, then thanks.

Call me ridiculous, call me stupid...ok, call somebody that when he is seeking answers

I'm seeking info, not ridicule

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
The most important date now would be when the new citizenship rules come into effect sometime this summer.

With that in mind, anytime earlier seems like a good time - and if you qualify to apply prior to then, that in itself is the "best" time.

My 2 cents.

PalCan

Star Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eagle54 said:

I was merely asking for some data, if there was something available. If there are none, then thanks.

Call me ridiculous, call me stupid...ok, call somebody that when he is seeking answers

I'm seeking info, not

We're all on this forum trying to learn from the experience of others so really no questions are stupid. What might seem obvious to one person might not be as obvious to another.

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eagle54 said:

So let's give you an example. Let's say CIC had 1000 applications in Jan and 500 applications in Feb. You think CIC process the Feb applications before Jan applications because they are less? I really would like to know the logic you had to ask this question.

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eagle54 said:

No you are not ridiculous. Call CIC and ask them this question. Let us know what they say.

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eagle54 said:

You should actually ask for the best day to apply not for a month.
The best day to apply once you are qualified with requirements 100%, then fill that application up and send it in.

rmust

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Nov-2011
AOR Received.
26-Jan-2012
Med's Request
27-March-2012
Med's Done....
31-March-2012
Passport Req..
22-June-12
VISA ISSUED...
27-July-12 (received Aug 2)
LANDED..........
04-Aug-12
eagle54 said:

This is an invalid question! So what if there are less application in a certain month (if such a thing even exists)? It is first come first serve basis, you are in a queue. For instance say you apply in February and there were a total of 100 applicants in February, but in the prior month January there were 500 applicants, your application is not going to get anywhere till the Jan ones are looked at.
You need to apply as soon as you are eligible to do so is my advise.
This is like asking "When is the best time/month to graduate from University", there is no such thing, you graduate when you are eligible to do so.

bambino

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh I beg to differ, it is a great question!!! February has the fewest days, so it stands to reason that it will have the fewest number of applicants. Now, 2016 is a leap year, so that February will have 29 days, which is obviously no good. Best thing for OP is wait until February, 2017 ;)

hgn

Feb 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Simply put, I guess he/she just wants to know the month or period where the volume of applications are low.

No harm in asking, right?