+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (non cancerous enlargement of prostate)

orchan_pasha

Star Member
Nov 5, 2009
Every where other then home!
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Upon doing the medicals for Canada Immigration; I was diagnosed with Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (non cancerous enlargement of prostate) which is very common with men in my age group (47 yrs) and started taking medicine for it. Will my application be refused as a result to that?

MarkCan

Oct 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
April/May 2011
Not likely. Something that is common and does not tax the medical system of Canada too much is not likely to get you rejected. In addition, if you are adhering to some medication for the same, you will be fine. Since it common among men your age, you don't need to worry about it. Just as a person doesn't get rejected for diabetes, high cholesterol, and many such common ailments. So cheer up.

ds_kool

Nov 24, 2009
Buddy...any updates from your side...i also submitted my medical and first time i came to knew that i have hemuturia.

Ultrasound/CT scan shows a enlargement of prostate which is BPH...did PSA test all all normal. as per urologist no issue ...i submitted my medicala sn waiting for my PPR. will keep update u if i hear anything from CIC

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
orchan_pasha said:
Upon doing the medicals for Canada Immigration; I was diagnosed with Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (non cancerous enlargement of prostate) which is very common with men in my age group (47 yrs) and started taking medicine for it. Will my application be refused as a result to that?
Simple and straightforward answer -NO, as this very common amongst this age group.

orchan_pasha

Star Member
Nov 5, 2009
Every where other then home!
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ds_kool said:
Buddy...any updates from your side...i also submitted my medical and first time i came to knew that i have hemuturia.

Ultrasound/CT scan shows a enlargement of prostate which is BPH...did PSA test all all normal. as per urologist no issue ...i submitted my medicala sn waiting for my PPR. will keep update u if i hear anything from CIC
Hey ds_kool; the latest I heard from CHC London is that they're doing routine background inquiries about me and will write to me in case something occurs. Did you hear any thing so far?

ds_kool

Nov 24, 2009
No updates from CIO...its been more then 2 months since i sent my medicals ...not heard anything....i wrote email also for update but a std reply.

ds_kool

Nov 24, 2009
My case is in Buffalo and medicals results cleared...i got the PPR. this week

best of luck and i will wish for you