+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Beginning with PR Visa filing

CV30

Oct 3, 2018
Hi All,

I am newbie to this process of PR Visa filing and have many questions in mind.
I have gone through few threads but would need clear understanding.
Please help me in below queries:

1. Is Express Entry different than FSW?
2. Is Express Entry different than PNP?
3. Can I apply for both Express Entry and PNP?
4. Should I first prepare and give IELTS and then apply for PR? or Apply and start preparation in parallel?
5. Should document verification through WES be done earlier or after enrolling into PR application?
6. What is the total cost incurred in this process?
7. If I and my spouse are looking for PR, should she also go for IELTS? Is it required?

Please suggest on this.

Thanks
CV

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
1, 2) FSW and PNP are streams under the express entry system.
3. Yes you can apply for both. You have to read about the PNP programs of each province and see what are the requirements and if you have a chance or not. So basically you have to apply separately. Only Ontario you don't need to apply separately, they send invitations to specific nocs from the FSW pool itself.
4. First see if you are eligible to apply for fsw under the six selection factors. Check here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers/six-selection-factors-federal-skilled-workers.html
5. IELTS and wes is compulsory for primary applicant before you apply. Without IELTS score and wes you cannot create an express entry profile.
6. The entire process can cost about rs130000-150000
7. Wife's IELTS and wes is not compulsory, but you can get more points with it. It all depends on your crs score. Use this link to see what you crs score can be. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Reactions: CV30

CV30

Oct 3, 2018
1, 2) FSW and PNP are streams under the express entry system.
3. Yes you can apply for both. You have to read about the PNP programs of each province and see what are the requirements and if you have a chance or not. So basically you have to apply separately. Only Ontario you don't need to apply separately, they send invitations to specific nocs from the FSW pool itself.
4. First see if you are eligible to apply for fsw under the six selection factors. Check here https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers/six-selection-factors-federal-skilled-workers.html
5. IELTS and wes is compulsory for primary applicant before you apply. Without IELTS score and wes you cannot create an express entry profile.
6. The entire process can cost about rs130000-150000
7. Wife's IELTS and wes is not compulsory, but you can get more points with it. It all depends on your crs score. Use this link to see what you crs score can be. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
**How to apply for separate on Province basis?

CV30

Oct 3, 2018
Hello All,

Need help to understand this-

Currently my wife's passport and other docs are as per her maiden name (before marriage). Whike applying for EE which name should I include for her? Should be maiden name or new name changed?
Please suggest.

Thanks,
CV

@prpurohit

Last edited:

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
Hello All,

Need help to understand this-

Currently my wife's passport and other docs are as per her maiden name (before marriage). Whike applying for EE which name should I include for her? Should be maiden name or new name changed?
Please suggest.

Thanks,
CV

@prpurohit

Has she officially changed her name after marriage?

CV30

Oct 3, 2018
Has she officially changed her name after marriage?
Not first name, just middle name and surname is changed.
And all I have is her UID document with recent changes as mentioned. Rest documents are with earlier details

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
Then you will have to change her name on passport before applying for ee. And use new name for ee application. You can't use maiden name anymore.