+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

been refused any visa?

Purple250

Star Member
Jul 22, 2016
what should i answer for the following question for study permit application? yes or no?
have you been refused any visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country.?

I was around 4 years old when i was denied US visitor visa along with my parents and then i was 9 years old when i was denied UK visit visa. I am 17 years old now

Kindly help

haris00

Aug 15, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13th Oct,2016
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
24th Oct,2016
Med's Done....
3rd Nov, 2016 (passed on 11th Nov, 2016)
Passport Req..
21-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2016
Purple250 said:
what should i answer for the following question for study permit application? yes or no?
have you been refused any visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country.?

I was around 4 years old when i was denied US visitor visa along with my parents and then i was 9 years old when i was denied UK visit visa. I am 17 years old now

Kindly help
You have to answer Yes and mention the refusals.
To make your application better, you can attach a separate letter explaining the reasons of refusal.

Purple250

Star Member
Jul 22, 2016
haris00 said:
You have to answer Yes and mention the refusals.
To make your application better, you can attach a separate letter explaining the reasons of refusal.

thanks...but it was my father who was the main applicant and his family that is me and my mom where his dependants... would i still need to say yes to that question?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Purple250 said:
thanks...but it was my father who was the main applicant and his family that is me and my mom where his dependants... would i still need to say yes to that question?
Your question has already been answered. You need to answer yes.

Kiran kaur aujla

Jul 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29 July 2016
VISA ISSUED...
18 August 2016
LANDED..........
Soon
I was denied US study visa . Now i applied canada study visa on 29 july. I mention this refusal in my application bt i didn't mention in my SOP . Is it necessary to mention this refusal in sop to get visa .
Will usa refusal effect my visa approval chances ?
Kindly help.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Do previous visa refusals of other countries affect application for study permit to Canada ?

I applied Singapore Tourist Visa , but was denied .

Purple250

Star Member
Jul 22, 2016
Kiran kaur aujla said:
I was denied US study visa . Now i applied canada study visa on 29 july. I mention this refusal in my application bt i didn't mention in my SOP . Is it necessary to mention this refusal in sop to get visa .
Will usa refusal effect my visa approval chances ?
Kindly help.
I too have the same question... do i need to mention it in the sop? my visa refusal was very long back... my parents dont remember the reasons of refusal, what should i do?

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Purple250 said:
I too have the same question... do i need to mention it in the sop? my visa refusal was very long back... my parents dont remember the reasons of refusal, what should i do?
u have to say yes no denying there but if u dont add it to ur SOP and explain then this question will remain unanswered in the VO's mind. So u dont have to write but to increase ur chances of visa it is good idea to explain why rejection. SOP is a way for you to communicate to VO and try and change his mind in ur favor in a sense by explaining everything. So u dont have to write it in ur SOP its not mandatory but then ur rejections will stick out like a sore thumb without any explanations. Its all up to u after all.

MONTY39

Jul 28, 2016
Category........
CEC
Yes, any kind of Visa refusal at any stage or age of life affects the Visa application decision...The Visa Officer's go into detail reasons for any refusal and you cannot hide the refusal as they have an universal system in place to check all the previous details of the candidate- travel history, visa approvals and rejections etc.
For Canada, US is like an elder brother and Australia is a competitor. For instance, Canada also follows 911 for emergency like US; Express entry was first introduced by Australia by name of Expression of Interest. Hence, these two country rejections have a major impact on Canadian decision esp if the reasons lead to Potential migrate, identity reasons or establishment doubts.
My Canadian Visa was faster and hassle-free due to US B1.

All the Best...

Purple250

Star Member
Jul 22, 2016
mead said:
u have to say yes no denying there but if u dont add it to ur SOP and explain then this question will remain unanswered in the VO's mind. So u dont have to write but to increase ur chances of visa it is good idea to explain why rejection. SOP is a way for you to communicate to VO and try and change his mind in ur favor in a sense by explaining everything. So u dont have to write it in ur SOP its not mandatory but then ur rejections will stick out like a sore thumb without any explanations. Its all up to u after all.
thanks for your info..the study permit checklist asks for a study plan. so is SOP and study plan the same thing?