+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP Question.

Feb 28, 2018
Hello and good afternoon.

I have a question related to a PNP program. As I apply and with God's help I get chosen for the PNP program in British Colombia, does it mean that I can not leave the country until my PR process is finished? Am I understanding it right that when I get chosen from the pool for the PNP program it does not matter that my visa finishes in February, I can not leave the country? Please advice.

I hope you are all great and healthy!

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
If you're currently working for the employer that is sponsoring your application you have to stay with that employer throughout the process. If you're waiting for a nomination in order to get a work permit you should be able to leave Canada until you get your nomination and work permit support letter. The PNP is employer driven. You can't be supported by an employer for your nomination and then leave them.

Feb 28, 2018
Hey, Sorry for a late response. I know everything that you have mentioned about the employer. I meant when I apply for my PNP and get nominated, does that mean I can not leave the country for a holiday that I have planned? I should have been more specific before, my bad.