+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP or EEBC PNP?

bpur87

Jun 3, 2021
We are in Winnipeg right now and my wife is interviewing for jobs in Vancouver after her studies are over which is end of April and should be able to secure something in her profession which is Skill 0A.
I checked all the requirements for BC PNP- Skilled Worker and seems like everything checks out. Her score based on the median salary in her Job in Van is coming to around 125
Based on the recent trend the EEBC draws for Skilled Worker is around 120-128(The last one being 128). What do you people suggest we should go for? Normal BCPNP or EEBC? What are the chances of getting nominated through EEBC?
We don't want the application to take too long as our work permits will expire in May 2023. I am worried if we go the normal way then we won't get AOR on time. But I am not sure about the timelines. Please advice.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
We are in Winnipeg right now and my wife is interviewing for jobs in Vancouver after her studies are over which is end of April and should be able to secure something in her profession which is Skill 0A.
I checked all the requirements for BC PNP- Skilled Worker and seems like everything checks out. Her score based on the median salary in her Job in Van is coming to around 125
Based on the recent trend the EEBC draws for Skilled Worker is around 120-128(The last one being 128). What do you people suggest we should go for? Normal BCPNP or EEBC? What are the chances of getting nominated through EEBC?
We don't want the application to take too long as our work permits will expire in May 2023. I am worried if we go the normal way then we won't get AOR on time. But I am not sure about the timelines. Please advice.
So does the employer meet eligibility requirements and is willing to support the nomination with job offer and employer declaration form stating they couldn’t hire locally?

https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-to-B-C/Employers

CM1218

Star Member
Feb 22, 2022
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
15-09-2022
AOR Received.
23-11-2-2022
what is your wife's profession? can apply through BCPNP Tech or healthcare? score is much lower for these 2 professions.
I was wondering if your wife wasnt under these 2 professions, 125 is quite a high score.....she got at least 1 year canada work experience?

CM1218

Star Member
Feb 22, 2022
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
15-09-2022
AOR Received.
23-11-2-2022
also it is not easy to get the employer in vancouver help for BCPNP nomination....make sure your wife has mentioned about this during job interview...

bpur87

Jun 3, 2021
So does the employer meet eligibility requirements and is willing to support the nomination with job offer and employer declaration form stating they couldn’t hire locally?

https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-to-B-C/Employers
Well she doesn't have a job yet. Interviews are on. She is going to mention this to employers for sure and will only take up a job where the employer agree with this for sure. Her professional has a labor shortage in BC and she has a lot of experience in India in her field, so i think getting an employer shouldn't be a problem.

Is it generally difficult to find an employer who agrees to this?

Also lets assume she finds one employer who agrees to this, EEBCPNP or BCPNP?

bpur87

Jun 3, 2021
what is your wife's profession? can apply through BCPNP Tech or healthcare? score is much lower for these 2 professions.
I was wondering if your wife wasnt under these 2 professions, 125 is quite a high score.....she got at least 1 year canada work experience?
She is a Civil Engineering Design Manager with Canadian Education in Business Management. She is applying for Engineering/Project Manager. She has 9 years of experience in the same field in India. None in Canada but BCPNP doesn't need that. Extra points though for Canadian experience.

She will apply through BCPNP-Skilled Worker.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Well she doesn't have a job yet. Interviews are on. She is going to mention this to employers for sure and will only take up a job where the employer agree with this for sure. Her professional has a labor shortage in BC and she has a lot of experience in India in her field, so i think getting an employer shouldn't be a problem.

Is it generally difficult to find an employer who agrees to this?

Also lets assume she finds one employer who agrees to this, EEBCPNP or BCPNP?
The employer has to be eligible and requirements are in the Program Guide. They have to be willing to go through the process.

bpur87

Jun 3, 2021
The employer has to be eligible and requirements are in the Program Guide. They have to be willing to go through the process.
I am aware and have read the Program Guide. We are only going to move to BC if we find an employer who agrees with it. However, that was not my question. Please read my first post carefully.

I asked for an advice on what is a good idea to go for BCPNP Skill Worker category with a score of 125 based on current trend and the information that our work visa will expire in May 2023. EEBC or BCPNP?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am aware and have read the Program Guide. We are only going to move to BC if we find an employer who agrees with it. However, that was not my question. Please read my first post carefully.

I asked for an advice on what is a good idea to go for BCPNP Skill Worker category with a score of 125 based on current trend and the information that our work visa will expire in May 2023. EEBC or BCPNP?
EE should be faster if eligible right now.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thanks. Last EEBC draw closed at 128 so a little worried that by the time we move to Van and apply through EEBC, it might not come down to 125.
You will not know until you are in the pool. You asked what was faster. Not will you be nominated. PNP program criterias and scores can change depending on new governments, if there are no EE draws etc. Maybe you will get a year of Canadian Experience to be eligible for CEC-EE and have a high enough score. All the best.

CM1218

Star Member
Feb 22, 2022
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
15-09-2022
AOR Received.
23-11-2-2022
125 score is based on the new scoring sys (max score is 190)?

i suspect that the scores shown in the recent draws after the big change is still based on the old scoring system...
coz the score seems unchange after the new scoring system, which is not reasonable at all.....
besides, i have registered under EEBC skill worker as well, my score is still based on the old scoring system (max score is 200, got 10 points for 100 high demand job is BC)

if this is the case, i think your wife will be getting ITA of EEBC skilled worker for sure after getting into the pool...no need to go for paper base

Reactions: bpur87