+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

bc pnp nominee - need work permit extension... the process?

vman

May 28, 2010
Hello all,

I was nominated by BC PNP last year and got a one year work permit. It is due to expire on September 7th 2011. The chances of my PR being processed in that time are slim. I have emailed bc pnp for a cover letter for a new work permit. Am I applying at the right time? How long does it take for a new permit to be processed. I have heard of people crossing the border to get a new permit the same day, does anyone recommed this?

I'm most scared that my permit will expire and the extension will not be processed fast enough. If that were the case, wouild I have to stop working?

Thank you for your time

Vman

InEdm

Star Member
Nov 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-06-2010
AOR Received.
20-11-2010
File Transfer...
30-03-2011 Detroit
Med's Request
20-11-2010
Med's Done....
05-12-2010
Passport Req..
18-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Passport sent..
As far as I know, if your work permit extension is in process, your are OK, even if the existing one expires.

thebakers4

Jul 6, 2010
Hi there,

I have just received BC PNP nomination too, my current work permit runs out in Oct 2011. There is an instruction letter in the pack that tells me to call around 90 days before my permit runs out and they will forward me a letter to confirm I am entitled to an extension. I have done the border trip twice now to renew work permits and its all very simple - just took my LMO on the last 2 trips (and a big file of paperwork) but only asked the LMO letter - the same should apply next time with the letter from the PNP - although I'll still take my whole file with me!! We only live 35-40 mins from the border so if I forget anything its not too bad!

Good luck with it!

nTam

Nov 15, 2012
thebakers4 said:
Hi there,

I have just received BC PNP nomination too, my current work permit runs out in Oct 2011. There is an instruction letter in the pack that tells me to call around 90 days before my permit runs out and they will forward me a letter to confirm I am entitled to an extension. I have done the border trip twice now to renew work permits and its all very simple - just took my LMO on the last 2 trips (and a big file of paperwork) but only asked the LMO letter - the same should apply next time with the letter from the PNP - although I'll still take my whole file with me!! We only live 35-40 mins from the border so if I forget anything its not too bad!

Good luck with it!
Hi How long did you get BC PNP nomination?