+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP - grey zone job offer

rbacha

Jun 26, 2023
Hi all,

I fulfill all the requirements for the BC PNP under skills immigration express entry and my points are above the threshold. The only thing that I'm not really sure is my job offer. I work for the BC Public Service and my position can't be indeterminate because I'm on a visa. It's my manager's will to hire me indeterminately and it says in the job offer says that if I eventually become a permanent resident, my status will change to indeterminate (or regular how they say in BC). In the BC PNP requirements says that I must have a full-time, indeterminate position, which I don't only because I still don't have the PR...
Anyone in a similar situation? Would I be considered if I apply?

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all,

I fulfill all the requirements for the BC PNP under skills immigration express entry and my points are above the threshold. The only thing that I'm not really sure is my job offer. I work for the BC Public Service and my position can't be indeterminate because I'm on a visa. It's my manager's will to hire me indeterminately and it says in the job offer says that if I eventually become a permanent resident, my status will change to indeterminate (or regular how they say in BC). In the BC PNP requirements says that I must have a full-time, indeterminate position, which I don't only because I still don't have the PR...

Thanks
What would your job offer say now? Would it say that you are on a contract with an end date?

Reactions: rbacha

rbacha

Jun 26, 2023
What would your job offer say now? Would it say that you are on a contract with an end date?
it says: "Your status is that of an auxiliary employee and the term of your employment is limited to July 24th, 2024, which is the expiry date on your current work permit through Citizenship and Immigration Canada. This offer may be extended subject to your continued eligibility to work in Canada and proof of renewal of your work permit."

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
it says: "Your status is that of an auxiliary employee and the term of your employment is limited to July 24th, 2024, which is the expiry date on your current work permit through Citizenship and Immigration Canada. This offer may be extended subject to your continued eligibility to work in Canada and proof of renewal of your work permit."
Unfortunately I don't think there's very much chance at all that will be accepted. There's clearly an end date (even though they are willing to extend). The job offer cannot include that language. It has to say something like full-time, permanent, etc. with no end date.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
[/QUOTYes you are eligible for BC PNP but you may have to change that date . Your job offer letter should say it should be permanent, full time job offer with Alteast 30 hours per week .

rbacha

Jun 26, 2023
I don't think my job offer can change as I'm already working. Do you think a letter from my director saying my status will flip to indeterminate once I have the PR may have an impact on their decision? Thanks for the replies!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I don't think my job offer can change as I'm already working. Do you think a letter from my director saying my status will flip to indeterminate once I have the PR may have an impact on their decision? Thanks for the replies!
You can ask your employer to issue a new job offer and see if they are willing to do that.

The job offer is supposed to be indeterminate now. You can certainly try submitting the letter from your director. However I would have a plan B.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hi all,

Thanks
If the province is anything like the Federal Government when it comes from term employment to indeterminate you’ll get an official letter from HR stating you’ve been converted from “ term to perm “, as they say in the Federal Government.
The letter will state effective xxxxxxx date you are now indeterminate and state the benefits , hours etc you are now entitled to because one has rolled over .At least in the Federal Government, you ACCEPT the offer , and you’re converted. Unless you accept it , one doesn’t convert
Management doesn’t even get involved unless it’s an early conversion. Aka , doesn’t go by the rules set out in the contract

Last edited:

Mohtasim

Star Member
Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2010
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
27-04-2011
AOR Received.
18-11-2011
IELTS Request
Already done
Med's Request
26-April-2012
Med's Done....
21-May-2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-09-2012
LANDED..........
23-04-2013
I need an advice in the case BC PNP and MB PNP programs. I am asking for someone.
What are the ways to get Employers job offer letter, if you are living in Pakistan (outside of Canada).
Please advice.