+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP & Express Entry (Canadian Experience Class)

dh627

Jan 19, 2023
Hi,

I recently received a nomination from BC PNP Tech. I do currently have a few jobs listed in the work history of my Express Entry profile but I no longer need these points. Additionally, 2 of these jobs are hard to categorise, I think they could belong into either one of two, so I would prefer to just remove these jobs entirely from my express entry profile to reduce the chance of my application being rejected.

Is it ok to remove all of these jobs from my work history and only include them in my personal history?

I will be hoping to apply for Express Entry thanks to my 1 year of Canadian Experience and PNP nomination, therefore I would still include my Canadian experience in my work history section and would provide the employer letter etc.

Thanks

rafaelnunez18

Nov 14, 2023
BC
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
If you receive an ITA and later on you remove a job from the history those points awarded will be deducted and if it goes below the minimum points required for your ITA then your ITA won't be valid.

dh627

Jan 19, 2023
@rafaelnunez18 I will have more than enough points with my PNP nomination, 600 points, so if I remove them then they won't go below the minimum points required. I would also be removing them before ITA.

Destination1

Apr 23, 2022
Hi,

I recently received a nomination from BC PNP Tech. I do currently have a few jobs listed in the work history of my Express Entry profile but I no longer need these points. Additionally, 2 of these jobs are hard to categorise, I think they could belong into either one of two, so I would prefer to just remove these jobs entirely from my express entry profile to reduce the chance of my application being rejected.

Is it ok to remove all of these jobs from my work history and only include them in my personal history?

I will be hoping to apply for Express Entry thanks to my 1 year of Canadian Experience and PNP nomination, therefore I would still include my Canadian experience in my work history section and would provide the employer letter etc.

Thanks
Hi, can you share your timeline please?
I just applied 2 weeks ago. My question is please if you can help me, my consultant created express entry profile, my file will pick up automatically from EE pool or I need to apply BCPNP separately? I am working in BC since 15 months ( teer 2) on close work permit. Thanks

dh627

Jan 19, 2023
Hi, can you share your timeline please?
I just applied 2 weeks ago. My question is please if you can help me, my consultant created express entry profile, my file will pick up automatically from EE pool or I need to apply BCPNP separately? I am working in BC since 15 months ( teer 2) on close work permit. Thanks
I'm not clear on what you are asking. If you have enough points in your current express entry profile (e.g. around 500) that you get picked up in the next draw then you don't need to create a PNP application. However, if you want the additional 600 points then you should apply for BC PNP.

I applied for BC PNP on September 13th and it was approved on November 7th. I am now waiting for an invite through Express Entry.

Sid Malhotra

Sep 10, 2020
Good day,
Request for guidance please!
My cousin is on visitor visa in BC and she completed her ECE certification and got a job offer from an employer in Surrey. They are staying in Chilliwack but mentioned the intended place to stay will be Surrey. They have a family of 4.

we applied for her BC PNPwith the job offer, however BC PNP came back mentioning that the minimum income for staying in Surrey is $49000 and the job offer has lesser salary. The salary offered meets the criteria to stay in Chilliwack.

Question:

1. Can we reply to BC PNP that we will stay in Chilliwack and commute for job? My family can provide an affidavit that they will support my cousins family for rent and Groceries by staying with them.

2. Can we also say that my cousin’s husband will work as well once they get PNP nomination?

Any other guidance will be much appreciated! If there is another place to post this question- please let me know.

thank you

dh627

Jan 19, 2023
Good day,
Request for guidance please!
My cousin is on visitor visa in BC and she completed her ECE certification and got a job offer from an employer in Surrey. They are staying in Chilliwack but mentioned the intended place to stay will be Surrey. They have a family of 4.

we applied for her BC PNPwith the job offer, however BC PNP came back mentioning that the minimum income for staying in Surrey is $49000 and the job offer has lesser salary. The salary offered meets the criteria to stay in Chilliwack.

Question:

1. Can we reply to BC PNP that we will stay in Chilliwack and commute for job? My family can provide an affidavit that they will support my cousins family for rent and Groceries by staying with them.

2. Can we also say that my cousin’s husband will work as well once they get PNP nomination?

Any other guidance will be much appreciated! If there is another place to post this question- please let me know.

thank you
Please ask your completely unrelated questions elsewhere, not on my thread

Gmercado

Apr 21, 2024
Hi!

what did you end up doing? I'm thinking of doing something similar because I already have the year of canadian experience + PNP, so I don't want to be chasing former employers if I don't have to. Your response will be very useful. Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks

dh627

Jan 19, 2023
Hi!

what did you end up doing? I'm thinking of doing something similar because I already have the year of canadian experience + PNP, so I don't want to be chasing former employers if I don't have to. Your response will be very useful. Thanks!
Hey, on my lawyer's advice I included pretty much all of my skilled jobs that I claimed points for. I did leave one out though as my tenure was very short, 6 weeks, I didn't really do much in the role so I didn't want the letter to cause me any issues for not being detailed enough. I explained that I had not included this role in a letter of explanation. Despite my lawyers advice I was still tempted to remove all of these jobs and not claim points for them, but I wasn't sure if listing these roles in my EE profile & claiming points for them, getting an invite, but then not claiming points for them in my application would've been an issue or not - I think it probably would've been ok as I still had my PNP points but I felt it wasn't worth risking, just in case. But having said that, I did leave one role out that I mentioned above and was still approved.