+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP April 2014

Roufus

Jan 26, 2015
toben said:
Was the PNP support letter all that you needed to get a work permit at the border? No application necessary?
Is recommended to bring your application, job offer&contract, status evidence... necessary documents to support your application.

Anoop2308

Jan 6, 2015
Vancouver BC
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone, My file number is 14-449*. I applied on 28 July and got AOR on 8 August.

My PGWP expires on 6 March 2015(this week). I was going to apply for a visitors visa but an immigration told me not to do it.

Has anyone on PGWP applied for visitors visa and got it?

Can you please tell me what is best in my situation?

Thanks a lot

Jan 26, 2015
Anoop2308 said:
Hi everyone, My file number is 14-449*. I applied on 28 July and got AOR on 8 August.

My PGWP expires on 6 March 2015(this week). I was going to apply for a visitors visa but an immigration told me not to do it.

Has anyone on PGWP applied for visitors visa and got it?

Can you please tell me what is best in my situation?

Thanks a lot
Can't you apply for an extension to your current work permit? Obviously this will be rejected, but my understanding was that you would be able to remain in Canada and continue working on 'implied status' while waiting for them to process the extension request. I'm not 100% sure if this relates to PGWP though.

tess07

Mar 3, 2015
Hi there,

I'm new here and thought you guys might be able to help answer my question that the BC PNP hasn't been able to answer clearly.

I applied to the BC PNP in August 2014 so am still waiting. However, I don't qualify for the CEC stream under the Express Entry until this June. If I receive my nomination before this date, would I still be able to get the extra 600 points for the EE? From what I've read so far, it seems like we have to send in the Addendum BEFORE our nomination but I can't send it in until June :S

Any guidance would be extremely appreciated!

Thanks!

uncle_smile

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tess07 said:
Hi there,

I'm new here and thought you guys might be able to help answer my question that the BC PNP hasn't been able to answer clearly.

I applied to the BC PNP in August 2014 so am still waiting. However, I don't qualify for the CEC stream under the Express Entry until this June. If I receive my nomination before this date, would I still be able to get the extra 600 points for the EE? From what I've read so far, it seems like we have to send in the Addendum BEFORE our nomination but I can't send it in until June :S

Any guidance would be extremely appreciated!

Thanks!
Hi, BC PNP is working back and forth on files received July and August, (I think)they will be on to your file sooner than you are eligible setting up your EE profile! And you must go through the EE BC to be eligible to claim 600 points, and to do so, an EE profile is the prerequisition(once your EE PROFILE IS SET UP AND ACTIVE, YOU NEED TO SEND ADDENDUM TO BCPNP TO HAVE YOUR APPLICATION CONSIDERED UNDER EEBC STREAM)!

If you got the nomination without going through EE BC, you can still apply PR by its conventional method which is paper application and longer waiting period. But unfortunately, you can not claim points if you got nominated through regular PNP steam!

Have a nice day

tess07

Mar 3, 2015
uncle_smile said:
Hi, BC PNP is working back and forth on files received July and August, (I think)they will be on to your file sooner than you are eligible setting up your EE profile! And you must go through the EE BC to be eligible to claim 600 points, and to do so, an EE profile is the prerequisition(once your EE PROFILE IS SET UP AND ACTIVE, YOU NEED TO SEND ADDENDUM TO BCPNP TO HAVE YOUR APPLICATION CONSIDERED UNDER EEBC STREAM)!

If you got the nomination without going through EE BC, you can still apply PR by its conventional method which is paper application and longer waiting period. But unfortunately, you can not claim points if you got nominated through regular PNP steam!

Have a nice day
Thanks uncle_smile!! That helps greatly. That is what I was afraid of. Seems silly that you can't include your regular nomination for EE.

uncle_smile

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tess07 said:
Thanks uncle_smile!! That helps greatly. That is what I was afraid of. Seems silly that you can't include your regular nomination for EE.
You're welcome, I think the reason they are being "silly" is there might be a cap set for the EEBC NOMINEES, each province nomination program has the same thing going on! Alberta announced its numbers and Ontario is developing its integration with Federal EE.

Anoop2308

Jan 6, 2015
Vancouver BC
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks PainAVancouver
My application got approved today but I`ll receive the work permit support letter in 2 weeks. I`m going to apply for the visitors visa- paper application just to buy some time.

sunny.bc

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO SYDNEY NS
NOC Code......
NOC B
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Nomination.....
23-02-2015
AOR Received.
XEP ON JUNE 4TH 2015
Med's Request
Nov 25th 2015
Med's Done....
Nov 28th 2015
Passport Req..
March 1st 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 4th 2016
LANDED..........
March 21st 2016
Anoop2308 said:
Thanks PainAVancouver
My application got approved today but I`ll receive the work permit support letter in 2 weeks. I`m going to apply for the visitors visa- paper application just to buy some time.
Hi,

how do u know your application is approved did they sent you an email. what is ur file no

Jan 26, 2015
sunny.bc said:
Hi,

how do u know your application is approved did they sent you an email. what is ur file no
He said his app number was 14-449*.

I sent mine in 3 days later (31st July) and haven't heard anything yet. Based on some of the comments here, it looks like the graduate applications are getting looked at more quickly than the skilled worker stream. Some people who applied under the graduate program in August have already been accepted.

Anyone else really over waiting? :\

lsy6621956

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
PainAVancouver said:
He said his app number was 14-449*.

I sent mine in 3 days later (31st July) and haven't heard anything yet. Based on some of the comments here, it looks like the graduate applications are getting looked at more quickly than the skilled worker stream. Some people who applied under the graduate program in August have already been accepted.

Anyone else really over waiting? :\
I dont even think about regular stream anymore. I will have one year experience by the end of this june. Then, i will apply EE. EE is way faster.

sunny.bc

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO SYDNEY NS
NOC Code......
NOC B
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Nomination.....
23-02-2015
AOR Received.
XEP ON JUNE 4TH 2015
Med's Request
Nov 25th 2015
Med's Done....
Nov 28th 2015
Passport Req..
March 1st 2016
VISA ISSUED...
March 4th 2016
LANDED..........
March 21st 2016
lsy6621956 said:
I dont even think about regular stream anymore. I will have one year experience by the end of this june. Then, i will apply EE. EE is way faster.
did u get ur nomination and waiting for 1 year skilled exp .I have a question this coming may 1st I will get 1 yr skilled exp can I apply to ee after I complete 1 yr exp with pnp old nomination

lsy6621956

Star Member
Nov 10, 2014
sunny.bc said:
did u get ur nomination and waiting for 1 year skilled exp .I have a question this coming may 1st I will get 1 yr skilled exp can I apply to ee after I complete 1 yr exp with pnp old nomination
]

YOU CAN AS LONG AS YOU HAVE YOUR ENGLISH TEST DONE AND 1 YEAR EXP