+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP Application opinion

santiarias

Apr 30, 2011
Hi!!

My name is Santiago and I am new in the forum (this place is great!)

I am here on a 1 year work visa and I want to apply to the BC PNP , but I would like the opinion of someone with more experience before doing so.

Right now I am working as a software developer, in a company related with the IT field in finance (creating reports, stocks info, etc). This work is a full time job with no end date o probation period.

I have been working in this job for only two weeks, but I would like to apply ASAP to the BC PNP so I can have more options when I get the answer.

I do have experience in the field (but not here in Canada) and I also have a Systems Information Bachelor Degree.

The money I am making with the job is enough to live ok in the city and save some money as well.

I just want to know what I should be paying extra attention before submitting my application.

Can you please tell me what is the average success/failure on the BC PNP applications ? I really do not want to apply and get rejected.

Also, does anyone know what is the average processing time of the applications nowdays ??

thank you so much in advance!

This forum is great!!

Santiago.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are applying as a worker, your employer has to sponsor you. The main thing that can go wrong with your application is if you lose the job before you get your PR because your application is based on the job. After you get nominated by the PNP, you can use the nomination to extend your work permit without needing an LMO.

santiarias

Apr 30, 2011
Leon!

thank you so much for the quick answer!

When you say my employer needs to sponsor me, it means filling the job offer application form, recommendation letter and talking with the pnp officers when they call, right ?? Or is there anything else that they need to do ?

thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, it is mainly filling out forms for you that they have to do. Have you asked them? You should familiarize yourself with the process by reading all the instructions on the BC PNP website. If you still have questions, you can phone the BC PNP and ask.

santiarias

Apr 30, 2011
Awesome thanks!

I have another little question: I am filling the "Information Release Form . And it asks for the "Signature of Witness" and I am really confused, who is the witness supposed to be?

Thanks!

canman

Jun 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-08-2011
Nomination.....
01-12-2011
hi santiarias,

i have the same question about "Signature of Witness". did you figure it out? will be a great help.

Thanks.