+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC health card/ ECAS status

amhel26

Star Member
Feb 10, 2014
I am in Canada with a extended stay while waiting for the PR application.

I asked if I can get BC Medical and they told me as long as i had the sponsorship part accepted.

Now I got SA last week, I got the letter saying application has been forwarded to a visa office abroad for further processing.

Now BC health asks specifcally for:
"pages 1 and 2 form CIC e-client Application Status Website showing the receipt and processing date of the application for permanent resident sttus. (On that website click on Check Application Status) We require proof the application for Permanent Residence has been sent for processing, not just received by CIC

Now in my account, in status all it says is "Application Received"
If i click it says the date it was received and that medicals have been received too.

Does this ever changes to processing??? Where is it gonna show a processing date??
Im very confused, the SA letter does say processing but ECAS only says received and I dont think this will be enough for BC Insurance.

Can someone help me understand this? How or when will it show processing??
Has anyone else applied for BC health while waiting for PR?

Thank you sooooo much!

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
amhel26 said:

I asked if I can get BC Medical and they told me as long as i had the sponsorship part accepted.

Now I got SA last week, I got the letter saying application has been forwarded to a visa office abroad for further processing.

"pages 1 and 2 form CIC e-client Application Status Website showing the receipt and processing date of the application for permanent resident sttus. (On that website click on Check Application Status) We require proof the application for Permanent Residence has been sent for processing, not just received by CIC

If i click it says the date it was received and that medicals have been received too.

Does this ever changes to processing??? Where is it gonna show a processing date??
Im very confused, the SA letter does say processing but ECAS only says received and I dont think this will be enough for BC Insurance.

Thank you sooooo much!
Are you the sponsor or the principal applicant? It sounds like your the PA, if so, what you are looking for is on the Sponsors page. Use your sponsors UCI number and all their information to log in. Then you'll see what you seek.

amhel26

Star Member
Feb 10, 2014
Hi
Im the Applicant.

You are so right, on the sponsorship account it says in process and then the date they started it.

Thank you so much!!

If anyone else has applied for BC health I appreciate any advice.
Thanks again

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's shameful how much a person has to FIGHT with BC MSP to get coverage. Unfortunately, only a handful of us have one the fight.

The bottom line is that as soon as CIC has accepted an application for processing, you're eligible for coverage. What they simply don't understand is that for a spousal sponsorship application, it is two-parts of THE SAME APPLICATION! The sponsor has to be approved first, but the PR applicant's portion is still tied to that application. Clearly, they need more training on this form of eligibility for coverage!

If a `sponsorship' train (sponsor) only has one car attached to it (applicant)...and is moving down the track [being processed]...aren't both MOVING?!?!

amhel26

Star Member
Feb 10, 2014
That is crazy, I honestly thought this would be easy.
I will send the papers that I have and see what happens.

Is there anything else you recommend to send with papers that they request?
Should i send a letter or anything has to be explained?

Hope i can get it soon.
If I receive the PR then i get BC health no problem? Or they even request other things after getting PR?
Im kind of worried now, i need insurance here..

Thanks!

hshi

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
Well, search MSP in this forum. There are quite a few detailed information about how to get MSP... I think the new CIC policy would allow you to apply for a workpermit once your sponsor's application has been received (NOT APPROVED!). Have you thought about that as it would guarantee your MSP if you show them your workpermit? I've battled with MSP many times and I know they are not that flexible.

amhel26 said:

Thank you sooooo much!

hshi

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
ok, did not see you have Sponsor Approval letter. Is that what SA stands for? Sometimes. If that's the case, you will guarantee to receive MSP coverage for one year. I've done that before.

amhel26 said:
That is crazy, I honestly thought this would be easy.
I will send the papers that I have and see what happens.

Is there anything else you recommend to send with papers that they request?
Should i send a letter or anything has to be explained?

Hope i can get it soon.
If I receive the PR then i get BC health no problem? Or they even request other things after getting PR?
Im kind of worried now, i need insurance here..

Thanks!

amhel26

Star Member
Feb 10, 2014
Thanks
Sorry yeah that is Sponsorship Approval.
Ok so I will send all that and hopefully it will work. thanks for your help!!!