+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bank won't provide me with the letter that CIC asks for...

NovaProspekt

Dec 10, 2015
I have an old USD account that was resting at zero dollars for years and even dipped a bit into the negatives (around minus $170) because of maintenance fees. Two months ago, my dad gifted me $10,000 USD which he deposited into this account. On Dec. 18th I received an ITA so I went to my bank but they will not provide any sort of letter at all. I spoke with everyone I could and they simply won't do it.

Can I apply for EE with a statement that explains the gift of $10,000, bank account contract, 6 months of bank statements, and the deposit slip?

andy.fsw.inland

Dec 20, 2015
Do you have any other bank account ?. Transfer the money to a bank from which you can get the letter.

you will need below to explain the incoming source of funds:

1. GIFT DEED ( Official letter attested saying that this is a gift not a loan and you can use these funds for whatever purposes
2. Statement of your dad's account
3. your dad's bet worth letter to prove that he didn't give you everything he had.
4. statement of your old account
5. statement of your new account.

NovaProspekt

Dec 10, 2015
andy.fsw.inland said:
Do you have any other bank account ?. Transfer the money to a bank from which you can get the letter.

you will need below to explain the incoming source of funds:

1. GIFT DEED ( Official letter attested saying that this is a gift not a loan and you can use these funds for whatever purposes
2. Statement of your dad's account
3. your dad's bet worth letter to prove that he didn't give you everything he had.
4. statement of your old account
5. statement of your new account.
I thought of that and I asked at a different bank and the manager told me he could put everything in the letter except the current balance which would have to be on a separate paper. Since the letter won't be exactly as CIC wants it anyways I don't know if its worth switching the money to the second bank.

andy.fsw.inland

Dec 20, 2015
NovaProspekt said:
I thought of that and I asked at a different bank and the manager told me he could put everything in the letter except the current balance which would have to be on a separate paper. Since the letter won't be exactly as CIC wants it anyways I don't know if its worth switching the money to the second bank.
Try TD - i got the letter exactly as per CIC requirement.

yelena

May 8, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You might need to put some pressure to your bank. It took me a week, and a number of talks with my banks legal department, head of shift, all the way to bank director. This is the first ever letter that they issued in this form - they ended up calculating average balance by hand ( no program could do it)., but at the end of the day I managed to get it :)

Nikhil89

Star Member
Jan 17, 2015
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2016
AOR Received.
29-01-2016
Med's Done....
08-02-2016
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
No
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
Dear All

I just received my ITA and i'm in the process of collecting all documents..
I was under the impression that you need to submit your last 6months bank statement for POF
Sorry to be so naivë but can any one share with my what kind of letter do we need from the bank or what all details should be mandatorily mentioned in the Bank Letter

Thanks a lot everyone

joelmath

Dec 9, 2014
Nikhil89 said:
Dear All

I just received my ITA and i'm in the process of collecting all documents..
I was under the impression that you need to submit your last 6months bank statement for POF
Sorry to be so naivë but can any one share with my what kind of letter do we need from the bank or what all details should be mandatorily mentioned in the Bank Letter

Thanks a lot everyone
Hi Nikhil,

This link should help.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Proof of funds

[Document requirements

The applicant should provide official letter(s) from financial institution(s) that list all current bank and investment accounts as well as outstanding debts such as credit card debts and loans.
The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include the applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and email address), the account numbers, the date each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance in the past six months.
Other documents may also be requested, as necessary.]

If you fail to get the letter with all the information requested above, then you can think of replacements and LOEs. You will find several threads on this forum with different situations around the bank letter.

All the best