+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bank statements and financial history after ITA?

arcticbeans

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I don't have an ITA yet but hoping to soon as my PNP nomination should come through shortly. Our funds for EE are tied up in property, which we have now sold (money should go into our bank within a month).

Our financial history isn't great, most months we've been overdrawn or had very llittle left in the account as we have been spending the money on renovating our house to sell. This was all fine for PNP but I'm worried it won't be for EE. :(

If CIC are asking for six months bank statements, it will look very odd for us to go from not much money to around $600,000 in the account. Our realtor is going to provide us with a certificate of sale, and our bank will verify where that the money is ours and isn't borrowed, but will that be ok?

We do have another account which we have been putting $200 per month into to save, and it now has just over $1000 in it. Should we provide the details for that account instead? It doesn't have any outgoings or transactions as we have been using it to save money so would this be acceptable or do CIC want to see transaction history?

Very confused and worried, any advice would be very much appreciated thank you.

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
arcticbeans said:
Hi all,

I don't have an ITA yet but hoping to soon as my PNP nomination should come through shortly. Our funds for EE are tied up in property, which we have now sold (money should go into our bank within a month).

Our financial history isn't great, most months we've been overdrawn or had very llittle left in the account as we have been spending the money on renovating our house to sell. This was all fine for PNP but I'm worried it won't be for EE. :(

If CIC are asking for six months bank statements, it will look very odd for us to go from not much money to around $600,000 in the account. Our realtor is going to provide us with a certificate of sale, and our bank will verify where that the money is ours and isn't borrowed, but will that be ok?

We do have another account which we have been putting $200 per month into to save, and it now has just over $1000 in it. Should we provide the details for that account instead? It doesn't have any outgoings or transactions as we have been using it to save money so would this be acceptable or do CIC want to see transaction history?

Very confused and worried, any advice would be very much appreciated thank you.
I can't see that being a problem, it makes sense that proof of funds and financial profile are different, seeing as even people that are exempt from showing proof of funds due to being in an LMIA-supported job are asked for a financial profile.

If CIC will reject anyone who hasn't had tens of thousands of dollars in their accounts and never had any debt then I'd recommend they change the eligibility requirements for all Federal immigration programs to include the additional:

"Has never gone overdrawn, had a credit card and has had +$20,000 in all bank accounts for the past 6 months.

arcticbeans

Star Member
Feb 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you, I'm panicking a bit less now, it just seems impossible otherwise. Both my husband and I are from the UK, British citizens.