+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bank Statement/Proof of Funds Requirement for Student Visa

ahmadomer63

Apr 17, 2012
Hi all,

I want to know that,
  • My Yearly Fee is 11000 Canadian Dollars under Co-op term Diploma in Saskatchewan,What amount of money is required for Proof of Funds/Bank Statement to show to the Immigration office if i am applying for a student Visa for Canada?
  • Who can give my Bank Statement/Proof of Funds in my Family?Is my Uncle(Mother's Brother In-Law) or My Brother In-Law eligible for this?
  • I have sold some Property and want to use the 50 Lac Revenue generated from it as a Bank statement/Proof of Funds,Can I do This?

tiger007

Champion Member
mehran ali said:
hay my name is mehra ali i want to study in canada plz help mee
Hi,

To study in Canada, you need to select an appropriate course in any of the recognized college or university, and then apply for a study permit. Getting a Canadian study permit is not as easy as say Australia/NZ/UK etc. where you throw money and you study any course (provided your get admission and your documents are genuine)..any level..anything you can study! NO! Getting Canadian study permit is perhaps one of the toughest to get in the world and even if you 've million dollars...won't guarantee you a study permit. As far as applicants from Indian subcontinent are concerned...the CHC has several unwritten rules such as the course applied should be higher or atleast similar level of your present credential (i.e if you are a Bachelor's level degree holder, applying for lower level certificate/diploma programmes 'll surely result in visa rejection) and the course applied to should be in the direct area of your previous study/background or atleast in a related field. For example if you are BBA degree holder, have 2 years work ex in sales field and you opt for a PG in Hotel management ..then your visa 'll be most probably rejected. All these to avoid study mismatch... Now you get the point right... One of the most probable reason for such stringent rules is to limit the number of students entering Canada and only accept genuine students..

Now, Kindly do some research online, by yourself. The best and most reliable source of information is the official CIC website.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/schools.asp

http://www.educationau-incanada.ca/educationau-incanada/index.aspx?view=d

Check the study permit section for international students.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/faq/study/index.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/student.asp

Before you apply for Canadian study permits, you need to find an appropriate course in a recognized Canadian college or University. You will need to choose a course in a Canadian college or university..in a province of your choice... matching to your previous level and area of training/ education/ work experience. You will need to visit the individual college or university websites, do research for yourself..and choose an appropriate course. Here's the list of recognized publicly funded colleges and Universities (listed province wise):

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/participants.asp

Here is an unoffical list of Canadian colleges and universities as per their approx ranking..this will give you a rough idea...about the best universities... In my opinion..most canadian colleges are more or less same...

http://www.webometrics.info/rank_by_country.asp?country=ca

Go through these websites ... you will know a lot about how to study in Canada!

tiger007

Champion Member
ahmadomer63 said:
Hi all,

I want to know that,
  • My Yearly Fee is 11000 Canadian Dollars under Co-op term Diploma in Saskatchewan,What amount of money is required for Proof of Funds/Bank Statement to show to the Immigration office if i am applying for a student Visa for Canada?
  • Who can give my Bank Statement/Proof of Funds in my Family?Is my Uncle(Mother's Brother In-Law) or My Brother In-Law eligible for this?
  • I have sold some Property and want to use the 50 Lac Revenue generated from it as a Bank statement/Proof of Funds,Can I do This?

Hi,

1. According to official CIC website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-how-documents.asp#doc3
You need to show: Tuition plus $10,000 for a 12-month period (or $833 per month)
Also, you should add to it the travelling expenses (return airfare amount of atleast 2000C$)

So, minimum total amount to be shown for the first year - 11,000+10,000+2000= 24,000C$ (+ you will need to allocate finances for personal preparation/ buying winter clothing etc.)

3. Yes, you can show that 50 lacs as bank statement/ proof of funds, but you need to keep it in your account for atleast 4 months..as the CHC usually requires to see bank statements those are atleast 4 months old.

***Information provided is true, to the best of my knowledge, and you should consult other sources too.

bilawal25

Apr 10, 2012
Hello tiger brother...
I did M..com after b.com and i had taken addmission in seneca college in Diploma of
electronics because i had done F.sc before B.com.. SO i am confused because my friends advising me that it is course mismatch. But i already had taken the admission. So i decided to change the course to DIPLOMA Of INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS.. and i will not show my m.com i will show my b.com and the two years gap will be shown as work experience.. please guide me.. Please give me your suggestion..
hoping to get your reply.
REGARDS
bilawal

sam51

Apr 19, 2012
Hi,

I just need to know whether we can show a cousin's or blood relation's bank statement for my student visa application ?

bilawal25

Apr 10, 2012
bilawal25 said:
Hello tiger brother...
I did M..com after b.com and i had taken addmission in seneca college in Diploma of
electronics because i had done F.sc before B.com.. SO i am confused because my friends advising me that it is course mismatch. But i already had taken the admission. So i decided to change the course to DIPLOMA Of INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS.. and i will not show my m.com i will show my b.com and the two years gap will be shown as work experience.. please guide me.. Please give me your suggestion..
hoping to get your reply.
REGARDS
bilawal

kang

Sep 18, 2012
hi ..this is rajinder ..i did my B TECH in MECHANICAL with 64% now i wana pursue MS in canada in jan feb 2013..im finding a lot of problems i am not financial strong but my relatives are willing to help me . i have met numerous vissa and immigration consultant n all of them r saying that if u wana pursue diploma of 2 yr which is ultimately equivalent to MS in mechanical u just have to show if not a mere education bank loan of near about 13 lakh but my gut feeling doesnt allow me to belive them so plz help me out tht is bank loan of 13 to 15 lakh is sufficient to study in canada bcoz i cant afford to try second time if some how my vissa get rejected ..so kindly tell me the perfect n authentic guidelines of immigration....and dont forget to mention other alternatives ...agogly waiting for ur reply..thx a ton

kang

Sep 18, 2012
hi ..this is rajinder ..i did my B TECH in MECHANICAL with 64% now i wana pursue MS in canada in jan feb 2013..im finding a lot of problems i am not financial strong but my relatives are willing to help me . i have met numerous vissa and immigration consultant n all of them r saying that if u wana pursue diploma of 2 yr which is ultimately equivalent to MS in mechanical u just have to show if not a mere education bank loan of near about 13 lakh but my gut feeling doesnt allow me to belive them so plz help me out tht is bank loan of 13 to 15 lakh is sufficient to study in canada bcoz i cant afford to try second time if some how my vissa get rejected ..so kindly tell me the perfect n authentic guidelines of immigration....and dont forget to mention other alternatives ...agogly waiting for ur reply..thx a ton

tiger007

Champion Member
kang said:
Hi,

2 years diploma is NOT equal to MS. Diploma is pursued after 12th grade, and M.S after 4 years bachelor degree. Most MS in Canadian Universities require min. 70%. But you may try some Universities like Univ. of Regina, where min. requirement is 60%. You need to do detailed research, visit all University websites, find appropriate MS programmes and email university /dept. heads with your profile and see, if you may be eligible to apply for MS in their respective universities or not. If yopu are not interested in research, then you may search for course based Master degrees.

Here's the list of all recognized educational institutes eligible for OCWP+PGWP:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/institutions/participants.asp

Most MS in Canadian universities starts in Sept. Some MAY have Jan intake.
Master degrees are an expensive affair in Canada, but there are some really affordable universities like the Memorial Univ. of Newfoundland and Labrador and University of Regina, where total cost will be only 15,000$/year or approx 8.4lacs INR/year.
usually, in most Universities... it can cost upto 25-30lacs INR to pursue Master degree in Canada.

For immigration, there are many student immigration routes for international students in Canada. One needs to complete a recognized course of min. 1 acd. year, apply for Post graduate Work Permit, start working (usually a skilled job), fulfill the requirements and then apply. Here's the link of all Official websites of various student immigration routes:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/various-immigration-programmes-for-international-students-in-canada-t100908.0.html

To know more about study permits and various work permits for international students visit:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work.asp

Other alternative as a fresh Mechanical engineers, may be finding some PG certificate/PG diploma course int he field of mechanical or related fields in any of the various Canadian colleges. These are usually cheaper alternative as compared to Master degrees in universities. Again, you will need to do research , visit all individual colleges and search for an appropriate PG course related to your field of study, by checking the list of recognized educational institutes, mentioned above.

Best of Luck.

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.

kang

Sep 18, 2012
thx dear for ur vital info . ya u r ryt ...but if i pursue P G DIPLOMA in any of the mechanical or its substream fr 2yrs i have to spend near abt 13lakh..i just wana know tht is bank loan of 13lakh is sufficient if i pursue pg diploma ??...if not then what are the other conditions i have to full fill.
i went to various consultant all of them told me tht if u can manage a loan of dessired money u can easily go for pg diploma in mechanical...are they telling me the truth....??? i dont know so just help me in this matter n what are ther other guide lines regarding financial funds....thxxx

tiger007

Champion Member
kang said:
thx dear for ur vital info . ya u r ryt ...but if i pursue P G DIPLOMA in any of the mechanical or its substream fr 2yrs i have to spend near abt 13lakh..i just wana know tht is bank loan of 13lakh is sufficient if i pursue pg diploma ??...if not then what are the other conditions i have to full fill.
i went to various consultant all of them told me tht if u can manage a loan of dessired money u can easily go for pg diploma in mechanical...are they telling me the truth....??? i dont know so just help me in this matter n what are ther other guide lines regarding financial funds....thxxx
Hi,

I'm not aware of any PG certificate/diploma in Mechanical Engg./related field in any of the Canadian colleges. You will need to do a through research and search for such course.
Cost will depend upon a particular course and college.

Best of Luck.

knight17

Star Member
Jan 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-02-2019
AOR Received.
23-02-2019
Graduate certificate program

tiger007 said:
As far as applicants from Indian subcontinent are concerned...the CHC has several unwritten rules such as the course applied should be higher or atleast similar level of your present credential (i.e if you are a Bachelor's level degree holder, applying for lower level certificate/diploma programmes 'll surely result in visa rejection) and the course applied to should be in the direct area of your previous study/background or atleast in a related field. For example if you are BBA degree holder, have 2 years work ex in sales field and you opt for a PG in Hotel management ..then your visa 'll be most probably rejected. All these to avoid study mismatch... Now you get the point right... One of the most probable reason for such stringent rules is to limit the number of students entering Canada and only accept genuine students..
I've a Bachelor degree and I was thinking of studying for an Ontario Graduate Certificate program. I think it would be a level up as it is for those who have a bachelors degree.

Graduate certificates require a university degree or a college certificate or diploma for admission, building on knowledge and experience gained through previous postsecondary study. Source:OntarioColleges.ca

What do you think, will it raise the suspicion you expressed in the above post?

mark01192014

Star Member
Jan 4, 2017
Hi just a question, correct me if im wrong but is it true that i can bring my wife with me while im on a study permit? If so, if she can find a job while im studying, can she apply for their provincial nominee program for PR? Thanks

f.zaman

Mar 31, 2017
Can BCIT 15 Months Full Time Diploma Offer Letter guarantee VISA ?

tiger007 said:
Hi,

To study in Canada, you need to select an appropriate course in any of the recognized college or university, and then apply for a study permit. Getting a Canadian study permit is not as easy as say Australia/NZ/UK etc. where you throw money and you study any course (provided your get admission and your documents are genuine)..any level..anything you can study! NO! Getting Canadian study permit is perhaps one of the toughest to get in the world and even if you 've million dollars...won't guarantee you a study permit. As far as applicants from Indian subcontinent are concerned...the CHC has several unwritten rules such as the course applied should be higher or atleast similar level of your present credential (i.e if you are a Bachelor's level degree holder, applying for lower level certificate/diploma programmes 'll surely result in visa rejection) and the course applied to should be in the direct area of your previous study/background or atleast in a related field. For example if you are BBA degree holder, have 2 years work ex in sales field and you opt for a PG in Hotel management ..then your visa 'll be most probably rejected. All these to avoid study mismatch... Now you get the point right... One of the most probable reason for such stringent rules is to limit the number of students entering Canada and only accept genuine students..

Now, Kindly do some research online, by yourself. The best and most reliable source of information is the official CIC website.

Before you apply for Canadian study permits, you need to find an appropriate course in a recognized Canadian college or University. You will need to choose a course in a Canadian college or university..in a province of your choice... matching to your previous level and area of training/ education/ work experience. You will need to visit the individual college or university websites, do research for yourself..and choose an appropriate course. Here's the list of recognized publicly funded colleges and Universities (listed province wise):

Here is an unoffical list of Canadian colleges and universities as per their approx ranking..this will give you a rough idea...about the best universities... In my opinion..most canadian colleges are more or less same...

Go through these websites ... you will know a lot about how to study in Canada!
Hi,
Your comments above made an applicant from Bangladesh quite nervous !

She did her B.A Honors in Computer Animation from the reputed TSU, UK with First Class. Then she returned her home in Bangladesh. Worked couple of years.

Now she got the Diploma Admission Offer Letter from BCIT. This is a 15 months full time rigorous Industry centric diploma program of the BCIT. Many students here enroll even after completing their Masters degrees...

I intentionally made the subject line like this: "Can BCIT 15 Months Full Time Diploma Offer Letter guarantee VISA ?" I know nothing really guarantees a VISA unless the VISA officer is fully convinced of a VISA Applicant. But I hope this will catch curious capable eyes who will HELP me in demystifying this "VISA Rejection Myth for applying for Diploma after a Graduate or Post-Graduate Course" ...

So, now is there any serious case where students were rejected just by the Embassy; because they applied for a Diploma in a reputed University / BCIT after their Bachelors or Masters degree(s) ...???

After speaking to my friends living in Canada, it seems that a offer letter from a well reputed university like BCIT should NOT result in a VISA rejection...

PLZ HELP us with some more evidence based scenarios or hypotheses for having Student VISA from Bangladesh... !!!