+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bank statement issue

dani007

Mar 28, 2014
Hello
I have listened that at the time of POE immigration officers ask for all the documents that u have submitted for visa, is it true? As i have a little problem; The bank account through which i showed my statement is no more valid as i have closed my account and transferred the money into a new bank. Now i am wondering what should i do? What if the IO officer confirm my old statement from the specific bank? Should i take both the bank statements with me? :-\ :-\ ::) ::)

Moreover due to some expenses my bank statement is decreased a bit, it was 3.3M PKR before but around 2.5M PKR now.

P.S: i have already paid my one year tuition fees, and is visible in my student account.
Please helppp

dani007

Mar 28, 2014
Regina said:
Yes, why not? Also take with you a proof that you paid tuition for a year.
Ok thanks.
By the way do IO verify bank statements as well? or only university documents

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
dani007 said:
Ok thanks.
By the way do IO verify bank statements as well? or only university documents
they can but most likely u wont be asked for bank statements at POE.....dont worry
normally they ask for
1) admission letter
2) LOI
3) passport
4) visa
5) CAQ if going to quebec...
they recommend u carry all the docs that u used for visa however rarely to none do they ask other documents.....

dani007

Mar 28, 2014
mead said:
they can but most likely u wont be asked for bank statements at POE.....dont worry
normally they ask for
1) admission letter
2) LOI
3) passport
4) visa
5) CAQ if going to quebec...
they recommend u carry all the docs that u used for visa however rarely to none do they ask other documents.....
Ok thanks both of u, feeling a bit relaxed now... :)