+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bank statement for student visa

aakad_bakad

Star Member
Aug 15, 2013
I have the following questions about bank statements as a proof of finances to support education in Canada. I am Indian and hence would like answers according to rules for Indian students
1. CIC website mentions "your or parents bank statements for the past four months". Does it mean that the money I intend to show as a proof of financial support should be in the bank account during the entire period of last four months?
For Example. if I take an education loan worth Rs 15 Lakh and want to show Rs 6 Lakh as living expense from the money in bank account than should the money be in the bank account for the past 4 months for it to be considered valid proof of funds.
2. Should the entire amount I intend to show during student visa be in a single bank account ? Can I have money in small chunks in 3-4 different bank accounts?
I have the required money but it is in the form of shares/mutual funds which will not be acceptable to CIC. Hence if I sell them in order to support my education, my bank statements will show a sudden credit of large amount of money (around Rs 2 lakhs). But the statement will not be four months old.
Thus I would like people to help me clear these doubts. I am planning for january 2014 intake under university category.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
1. CIC website mentions "your or parents bank statements for the past four months". Does it mean that the money I intend to show as a proof of financial support should be in the bank account during the entire period of last four months?
yes u need to show money in ur bank for 4 month.....u can ofcourse make transactions but balance should be the CIC required amount
For Example. if I take an education loan worth Rs 15 Lakh and want to show Rs 6 Lakh as living expense from the money in bank account than should the money be in the bank account for the past 4 months for it to be considered valid proof of funds.
yes u show 15 lakh as loan(dont need to be for 4 months) and 6 lakh in bank for 4 months. it is very simple they want a stable bank balance and not borrowed money just to show for visa purpose .
2. Should the entire amount I intend to show during student visa be in a single bank account ? Can I have money in small chunks in 3-4 different bank accounts?
u can show different bank statements just add a sheet of the total money.
I have the required money but it is in the form of shares/mutual funds which will not be acceptable to CIC. Hence if I sell them in order to support my education, my bank statements will show a sudden credit of large amount of money (around Rs 2 lakhs). But the statement will not be four months old.
well thats what they dont like try to do it 4 month prior to u applying for visa
Thus I would like people to help me clear these doubts. I am planning for january 2014 intake under university category.

aakad_bakad

Star Member
Aug 15, 2013
mead said:
yes u need to show money in ur bank for 4 month.....u can ofcourse make transactions but balance should be the CIC required amount
yes u show 15 lakh as loan(dont need to be for 4 months) and 6 lakh in bank for 4 months. it is very simple they want a stable bank balance and not borrowed money just to show for visa purpose .
u can show different bank statements just add a sheet of the total money.
well thats what they dont like try to do it 4 month prior to u applying for visa
Thank you for answering
Well I shall be applying for visa by october end or first week of november.
I have not sold my mutual fund and converted it into liquid cash. If I do it now than also the money i want to show will be in bank for two months i.e september and october and not four months.
will it be a problem?
The money is genuine and not borrowed from any one. It is just that a normal Indian middle class family like mine do not keep huge amount of money in bank but do safe investments like MF with it.
Any guidance/suggestions from your side is welcomed.

gillsaab

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Moga
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2013
Doc's Request.
Done
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
19-07-2013
Med's Request
Pre Done.
Med's Done....
05-07-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
With Application
VISA ISSUED...
Rejected 05-08-2013
LANDED..........
Je Waheguru ne Mehar Kiti.
So m planning to apply in jan session in general category.
I have over 6 lakh rs in my own account currently.

So i have to maintain atleast 6 lakh rs in my bank acc till jan ?
Kindly help me frienz ...

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
gillsaab said:
So m planning to apply in jan session in general category.
I have over 6 lakh rs in my own account currently.

So i have to maintain atleast 6 lakh rs in my bank acc till jan ?
Kindly help me frienz ...
below is the list of documents u can use as proof of funds
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-how-documents.asp#doc3

Darshan143

Jul 1, 2013
Alternate option is to purchase GIC. Check the thread http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/queries-regarding-financial-documents-t163105.0.html. Hope this helps!

mahannk

May 12, 2015
Hi There,

I have a question about financial support and I hope someone answer it. My brother in law is suppose to support my expenses in Canada during my study. My tuition fee + 1 year expenses would be around 26000$ CAD.

His total incomes during a month is about 35000$ CAD which goes gradually to his account, but his maximum balance is not more than 10000$ CAD in each month, although his last balance is 26000$ CAD. Now, my question is; 4 months bank statement of him will be eligible for a financial support for me?

Thank you.