+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bank Certificates

R.R

Jan 7, 2011
Dear Forum members,

For POF , I am showing some fixed deposits, Savings bank account statement for last 6 months, PF statement and property valuation.

Now for Fixed deposits, we have to get a bank certificate from the bank manager, should the certificate show the current value of the FD or the initial deposit value and do we have to attach a copy of the FD receipt, if so should it be notarised.

Thank you

R.R

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
R.R said:
Dear Forum members,

For POF , I am showing some fixed deposits, Savings bank account statement for last 6 months, PF statement and property valuation.

Now for Fixed deposits, we have to get a bank certificate from the bank manager, should the certificate show the current value of the FD or the initial deposit value and do we have to attach a copy of the FD receipt, if so should it be notarised.

Thank you

R.R
Photocopies of FDR will be fine. If you ask the bank they will issue a certification (statement) of all your deposits in the bank on a letter head duly stamped.That would show the amount of deposit, or with maturity value and period of deposit etc as you request. In that case you don't need to still attach copies of FDRs.

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
wilson said:
Photocopies of FDR will be fine. If you ask the bank they will issue a certification (statement) of all your deposits in the bank on a letter head duly stamped.That would show the amount of deposit, or with maturity value and period of deposit etc as you request. In that case you don't need to still attach copies of FDRs.
Yes that is what i did, i sent bank certificate with total value of the amount. But when i ordered caip notes the visa officer wanted a 6 months deposit. Still waiting for him to request it. Then i will ask my bank to print the 6 moths bank statements. If you can attach a 6 month bank statement you will be fine.

Hope it helps.

R.R

Jan 7, 2011
Dear canadaforall & wilson,

Thank you for the responses.

From your responses I summarize the following:

1. For savings bank account 6 months bank statement with bank official stamp.
2. For Fixed Deposits Bank certificate stating the amount of fixed deposit and maturity date.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you.R.R