+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

bad interview and positive results

Aspat

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
12om3 said:
Thanks ... actually, if someone is honest and never hide anything, it doesn't matter where is he from.. he will get trust always.
I was straight forward declaring all my travels and I applied with exact physical residency days. My local office is Ottawa :)
I wish you are right.

I've done so as well and hope for a speedy processing. From Mississauga, though.

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
funny

OP_POP said:
Well then work on your confidence so you can answer easy questions like "how are you" or "who do you live with".

People are still waiting from 2011 to get their citizenship, so compare to them, you have a piece of cake time line.

Another note, my file didn't get approve right away after the interview (llike everyone else in Vancouver office). We have to wait for 3-5 months for final approval and oath invite.

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
not always... only if you met the right officer. i know a student has been struggling to get his citizenship since four years. he was a full time undergraduate university student and then got his master's. he got one questionnaire and then the test and finally another questionnaire. almost his case is the same as yours, however,he spent more time than you in Canada. if you were lucky in your interview, it does not mean that everybody would be. my friend is a government employee since she came here and got a questionnaire ??!!. me myself have no doubt about anything in my file and i even gave them extra proof from border Canada and the translation of my passport. i am totally confident to present them as i declared everything.

12om3 said:
Thanks ... actually, if someone is honest and never hide anything, it doesn't matter where is he from.. he will get trust always.
I was straight forward declaring all my travels and I applied with exact physical residency days. My local office is Ottawa :)

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
Om saif,

are you saying your friend who is a Govt employee and got the RQ may be being informally / unfairly RQ-ed because of her nationality ? I am surprised and confused why someone like her who has a govt job etc etc would receive a questionnaire..

any logic or explanation why you think she got it ?

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
three years ago a lot of applicants got RQs. it seems that time like it was randomly chosen. if you notice now, RQs are very limited. i can not assume that it was because of nationality or religion. what i am saying that it is not always the same scenario. some cases are really straight but they do not meet any luck. all of them will take the citizenship one day, i am sure, because they were here for three years. the question is when this day will come? nobody likes to wait specially if they did everything right.

us2yow said:
Om saif,

are you saying your friend who is a Govt employee and got the RQ may be being informally / unfairly RQ-ed because of her nationality ? I am surprised and confused why someone like her who has a govt job etc etc would receive a questionnaire..

any logic or explanation why you think she got it ?

zsha

Star Member
Jun 12, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2010
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 2011
LANDED..........
April 2011
My friend got RQ- ottawa office and it took him 4 yrs to get his citizenship. he has been in Canada for more than 10 yrs with full-time job- has property in canada, kids in school. He provided all supporting documents when he applied but still got RQ. he is from US originally. It was more common in prior years of getting RQ.

I know someone else who was from an Asian country with many travels to home country- wife does not ve much proof of residency in canada as never worked in canada. well ,nothing was asked from them- took them 5 mths for the whole process- scarborough office.

I am pretty sure both were honest in their application. So, i guess it depends on the officer who is charge of your file to decide whether ur case needs more investigation. could be just random- just like auditing of tax returns.

I am pretty sure it will be ok Om. But for sure, if i was in ur place, i would have been a bit disappointed knowing that i provided all information needed and may be more (even though the process is way faster than prior years)

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks you and i appreciate it.

zsha said:
My friend got RQ- ottawa office and it took him 4 yrs to get his citizenship. he has been in Canada for more than 10 yrs with full-time job- has property in canada, kids in school. He provided all supporting documents when he applied but still got RQ. he is from US originally. It was more common in prior years of getting RQ.

I know someone else who was from an Asian country with many travels to home country- wife does not ve much proof of residency in canada as never worked in canada. well ,nothing was asked from them- took them 5 mths for the whole process- scarborough office.

I am pretty sure both were honest in their application. So, i guess it depends on the officer who is charge of your file to decide whether ur case needs more investigation. could be just random- just like auditing of tax returns.

I am pretty sure it will be ok Om. But for sure, if i was in ur place, i would have been a bit disappointed knowing that i provided all information needed and may be more (even though the process is way faster than prior years)

milamam

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
lenium said:
Whats your question exactly?!?! what do you mean by BAD interview? Also, how do you define your case as straightforward and no way to have confusion? What did exactly the officer say or ask for?
[/quote

Did they give you the RQ at the same day of the interview or they send it to you later?

Lidu

Dec 23, 2019
I have a bad experience in interview few hours ago, i have all the right documents and even our marriage photos and other supporting documents but i just shocked on the interview and messed up everything, i pretty much know it goes badly and she told me she didn't believe on the case and to bring more supporting document if i have one. What should i expect?