+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

bad interview and positive results

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
that is fine if she wanted to discover my skills but looking sharp in your eyes and to your hands movement makes you in this kind of interview lose confidence. whey she did not approve my application immediately if this was only her concern?

hgn said:
it seem like all of those questions are valid to me, nothing intrusive. Understand that part of the interview is to gauge how you communicate and comprehend in english.

ScubaC

Jun 21, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
om saif said:
that is fine if she wanted to discover my skills but looking sharp in your eyes and to your hands movement makes you in this kind of interview lose confidence. whey she did not approve my application immediately if this was only her concern?
Seems like more to me. Om Saif where are you from originally? This might be racial profiling

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i do not what it was but definitely it was an awful experience. :(
ScubaC said:
Seems like more to me. Om Saif where are you from originally? This might be racial profiling

titosyr

Jan 24, 2015
I heard that some nationalities (especially Middle east and South Asia) are targeted with many questions and there is significant delays in their application,
in my experience, I was interviewed by a CO supervisor or something, and while he was checking my profile his colleague from the next desk came and asked him about someone's case, she was doubting something, so he asked her where the passport was issued, she mentioned an east European country, he said it is not a problem continue with the application!

Some countries in the Middle East, if you are a citizen you can avoid stamping the passport and stamp a customs white card instead, and believe me not, CIC officers knows about it that's why the do double check on such nationalities.

Cheers

surgi

Star Member
Feb 20, 2014
hello Omseif
Do you think this interview has any relation with your comments on Bill C-24 on the internet?

12om3

Star Member
May 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
titosyr said:
I heard that some nationalities (especially Middle east and South Asia) are targeted with many questions and there is significant delays in their application,
in my experience, I was interviewed by a CO supervisor or something, and while he was checking my profile his colleague from the next desk came and asked him about someone's case, she was doubting something, so he asked her where the passport was issued, she mentioned an east European country, he said it is not a problem continue with the application!

Some countries in the Middle East, if you are a citizen you can avoid stamping the passport and stamp a customs white card instead, and believe me not, CIC officers knows about it that's why the do double check on such nationalities.

Cheers
I got a very smooth interview in 5 minutes and no issues at all !
I'm from the Middle East and still have a valid residency in one of the GCC countries .. another ME family did interview just in the desk beside me, we both told that all perfect and oath should be within 1 to 3 months :)
So I don't think they have a common policy to target people from specific regions at all ..

Aspat

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
12om3 said:
I got a very smooth interview in 5 minutes and no issues at all !
I'm from the Middle East and still have a valid residency in one of the GCC countries .. another ME family did interview just in the desk beside me, we both told that all perfect and oath should be within 1 to 3 months :)
So I don't think they have a common policy to target people from specific regions at all ..
Sounds promising. Especially when the general consensus is that applicants who are past residents or citizens from the ME are viewed upon with suspicion. Which is your local office? Wonder if only Mississauga residents with such a background are targets.

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
honestly, i do not know
surgi said:
hello Omseif
Do you think this interview has any relation with your comments on Bill C-24 on the internet?

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
om saif said:
thanks and appreciate it. i am a kind of anxious person and i do not sleep or rest if i have any problem. so, her action affected me negatively. i prefer if she was more specific about my residency than my personal life.
questions examples:
who take care of kids while you r in work or attending a course.
who do you have here from family members
the source of money for living
am i planning to travel soon
what am i planing to do for future
and many questions like that far away from my actual proof of residency which i provided earlier in my file
These are all legit questions that you should be able to easily answer them. I think you should work on your communication skills as even here it took us 3 pages of a thread to find out the bad interview was actually a "normal" one.

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my communication skills are good enough to work in a very good position in Canada for almost four years. if you consider not approving my straight forward file immediately not "bad" but "normal" then the problem is not in my communication at all. it seems from your signature that your citizenship journey is a very short and close to the end in only 6 months. so, i can understand why you do not understand my situation or feelings as you got everything as a piece of cake.

OP_POP said:
These are all legit questions that you should be able to easily answer them. I think you should work on your communication skills as even here it took us 3 pages of a thread to find out the bad interview was actually a "normal" one.

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
om saif said:
my communication skills are good enough to work in a very good position in Canada for almost four years. if you consider not approving my straight forward file immediately not "bad" but "normal" then the problem is not in my communication at all. it seems from your signature that your citizenship journey is a very short and close to the end in only 6 months. so, i can understand why you do not understand my situation or feelings as you got everything as a piece of cake.
Well then work on your confidence so you can answer easy questions like "how are you" or "who do you live with".

People are still waiting from 2011 to get their citizenship, so compare to them, you have a piece of cake time line.

Another note, my file didn't get approve right away after the interview (llike everyone else in Vancouver office). We have to wait for 3-5 months for final approval and oath invite.

12om3

Star Member
May 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Aspat said:
Sounds promising. Especially when the general consensus is that applicants who are past residents or citizens from the ME are viewed upon with suspicion. Which is your local office? Wonder if only Mississauga residents with such a background are targets.
Thanks ... actually, if someone is honest and never hide anything, it doesn't matter where is he from.. he will get trust always.
I was straight forward declaring all my travels and I applied with exact physical residency days. My local office is Ottawa :)

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
12om3 said:
Thanks ... actually, if someone is honest and never hide anything, it doesn't matter where is he from.. he will get trust always.
I was straight forward declaring all my travels and I applied with exact physical residency days. My local office is Ottawa :)
+1