+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

bad interview and positive results

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello every one,
i had a bad experience in my interview and i was told that i will hear about oath 2-5 month if the office approved my application. to be clear my file is a very straight forward file that no way to have a confusion about it and i gave the officer my passport translation and my Canadian borders report .
my questions are
1- have you had same experience and then got a positive results (oath) not (rq)
2- after how long?
thanks

Aspat

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
om saif said:
hello every one,
i had a bad experience in my interview and i was told that i will hear about oath 2-5 month if the office approved my application. to be clear my file is over suspicious and i gave the officer my passport translation and my Canadian borders report .
my questions are
2- after how long?
thanks
Sorry to hear that. Why suspicious? Looks like you had all the right documents (additional) with you.

tds69us

Nov 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
om saif said:
hello every one,
i had a bad experience in my interview and i was told that i will hear about oath 2-5 month if the office approved my application. to be clear my file is over suspicious and i gave the officer my passport translation and my Canadian borders report .
my questions are
2- after how long?
thanks
I can't understand how it was over suspicious. Plus, if the officer has explicitly told you that your file is over suspicious during the interview, they would've RQ'ed or Mini-RQ'ed you on the spot. I don't want to really get into the details of the conversation that took place between you and the officer, but I can't get how an officer would leave things at the thought that your file is over suspicious without taking immediate action.

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my full time job for almost four years enough itself however i took everything they need

Aspat said:
Sorry to hear that. Why suspicious? Looks like you had all the right documents (additional) with you.

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Whats your question exactly?!?! what do you mean by BAD interview? Also, how do you define your case as straightforward and no way to have confusion? What did exactly the officer say or ask for?

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
what i meant by straight forward that it is impossible that i work full time here and reside outside Canada. they got my job proof, border canada report, translation of my passport, kids school report and all the courses i have done. these covers more than three years of residency. the officer said everything looks fine but after getting to the office and check the translation and recalculate and if everything is fine i will receive an oath letter.
why the delay while everything is clear?
my questions are
did anybody have the same situation and got oath letter on time 1-3 month for example
or they sent rq
please before answering be sure that you have a clear case like mine
thanks

lenium said:
Whats your question exactly?!?! what do you mean by BAD interview? Also, how do you define your case as straightforward and no way to have confusion? What did exactly the officer say or ask for?

Aspat

Nov 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
om saif said:
what i meant by straight forward that it is impossible that i work full time here and reside outside Canada. they got my job proof, border canada report, translation of my passport, kids school report and all the courses i have done. these covers more than three years of residency. the officer said everything looks fine but after getting to the office and check the translation and recalculate and if everything is fine i will receive an oath letter.
Don't worry. Sounds like the CO isn't going to find anything suspicious on further perusal of your documents. I'm sure you'll be in line for oath in the near future.

hgn

Feb 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
how many days was declared in the residency calculator?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Regarding anecdotal reports:

Over the years I have seen many report a difficult interview, challenging questions with the interviewer expressing doubts or concerns, and nonetheless the applicant was scheduled to take the oath in a month or five months (length of time is mostly dependent on local office scheduling).

Of course, for some a bad interview experience was followed by RQ or a request for more documents.

On the other hand, many have reported what they thought was not only a thumbs-up interview, but interpreted the interviewer to essentially confirm there were no problems and the oath would be scheduled, only to be surprised in a month or four months when RQ arrived in the mail.

Your account of the facts of your case appear to reflect a solid establishing of residency, so it should be no problem, just however long it takes the local office to schedule the oath. Obviously, though, if there was some credibility issue, it could go the other way . . . but you should have some clue (based on what you know about your circumstances) if there is a prospect of that (not talking about what is shown, or can or cannot be proven, in what is of record, but what you know about your circumstances).

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks, i appreciate your support

Aspat said:
Don't worry. Sounds like the CO isn't going to find anything suspicious on further perusal of your documents. I'm sure you'll be in line for oath in the near future.

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks for explaining. my case is a straight forward case as i said from anybody point of view. no single problem with the police or people or even while driving. an excellent credit history and i do not even smoke in addition to what i mentioned above about the documents
dpenabill said:
Regarding anecdotal reports:

Over the years I have seen many report a difficult interview, challenging questions with the interviewer expressing doubts or concerns, and nonetheless the applicant was scheduled to take the oath in a month or five months (length of time is mostly dependent on local office scheduling).

Of course, for some a bad interview experience was followed by RQ or a request for more documents.

On the other hand, many have reported what they thought was not only a thumbs-up interview, but interpreted the interviewer to essentially confirm there were no problems and the oath would be scheduled, only to be surprised in a month or four months when RQ arrived in the mail.

Your account of the facts of your case appear to reflect a solid establishing of residency, so it should be no problem, just however long it takes the local office to schedule the oath. Obviously, though, if there was some credibility issue, it could go the other way . . . but you should have some clue (based on what you know about your circumstances) if there is a prospect of that (not talking about what is shown, or can or cannot be proven, in what is of record, but what you know about your circumstances).

hgn

Feb 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
om saif said:
sorry, do you mean of absence or residency?
residency...

do they still check credit history for citizenship applications?