+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background verification

LisaT

Oct 27, 2022
Hi, I would like to ask someone who is/was undergoing background verification how long it took for them. My situation is that my eligibility was completed, and the background verification started later. It has been in progress for around 1 month now. And my entire application process has been ongoing for about 3 months. I would really appreciate your help!

mrtravelok

Star Member
Jan 14, 2021
Canadian visa process is frustrating. I should have tried for any other country.
My application has been in queue for more than 6 weeks.

LisaT

Oct 27, 2022
Canadian visa process is frustrating. I should have tried for any other country.
My application has been in queue for more than 6 weeks.
Six weeks is still within IRCC's promised processing time, while mine has reached 12 weeks. I have already paid a significant amount of deposit, and switching to another country would be costly for me.

mrtravelok

Star Member
Jan 14, 2021
Six weeks is still within IRCC's promised processing time, while mine has reached 12 weeks. I have already paid a significant amount of deposit, and switching to another country would be costly for me.
Have you tried sending a webform or consider calling IRCC

LisaT

Oct 27, 2022
Have you tried sending a webform or consider calling IRCC
I did both. The agent said my profile is perfectly good and the only thing I can do is waiting. And I sent webforms to IRCC office but the only response I got is yes, we received you request....

LisaT

Oct 27, 2022

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I've already read it, and it's not exactly true. I've heard of people who have been suffering for almost 2 years or even more, not only for their study permit but also for their travel visa.
You asked about study permit so you can expect your background check to be a long time. Hopefully, you will get a response sooner rather than later.

LisaT

Oct 27, 2022
You asked about study permit so you can expect your background check to be a long time. Hopefully, you will get a response sooner rather than later.
A long time means one year or more and what if my offer expires during background check?

DannyC1

Dec 22, 2023
Hi, I would like to ask someone who is/was undergoing background verification how long it took for them. My situation is that my eligibility was completed, and the background verification started later. It has been in progress for around 1 month now. And my entire application process has been ongoing for about 3 months. I would really appreciate your help!
Hi Lisa, did you get your PR, righ now i have been waitting since Oct for the background verification, the last message i got was on October about the elegibility. Thank you so much for your answer.

rafiel2921

Nov 14, 2023
Hi OP, mind to share any updates on your application? Im on the same boat. My eligibility has been completed since early November, it is stuck in background verification. It has been 11 weeks since lodging date. thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi OP, mind to share any updates on your application? Im on the same boat. My eligibility has been completed since early November, it is stuck in background verification. It has been 11 weeks since lodging date. thanks
Where do you live? Do you live in country of citizenship?