+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background Verification time! How long?

rashieda

Jun 18, 2024
yes. my application status is still showing "in progress". Since may 25 only eligiblity completed.
I am entering into mid november right now.
no fixed timeframe seriously what does it mean considering they are using chinook+ to judge applications without actually having a look at documents.
I mean if they are verifying information from other countries I appreciate their professionalism on the other hand when I notice that people with valid usa visas from germany are getting passport requests within 10 days. Things are supposed to be done in a timely fashion in a developed country like Canada which is not a developing country.
I have not understood their visa application processing system. No unified parameters even for the same applications from the same country.

in short, we are not a priority.
Did you gate update you background checks?

zabrodov

Sep 19, 2018
Gatineau
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-11-2018
AOR Received.
11-11-2018
File Transfer...
24-01-2019
Passport Req..
02-08-2019
LANDED..........
02-09-2019
My father has a military background, which was 30 years ago. He applied for a visitor visa 13 months ago and we are still waiting. My mom who has no military background is in the same boat in her own application

Milad.as

Aug 8, 2024
Hello guys,

What is the longest waiting case have you come across here since eligiblity completed and your case has been put into background verification.
Can it even take a year to hear a response or even more than that? I enquired from Vienna consulate they said they have no fixed time frame. To be honest , it is a vague answer coming from a higher authority.
I filed my case from germany.
hi my friend. did u get your visa ? If you are pl tell me how long it takes

Nabeelabibi

Feb 23, 2024
yes. my application status is still showing "in progress". Since may 25 only eligiblity completed.
I am entering into mid november right now.
no fixed timeframe seriously what does it mean considering they are using chinook+ to judge applications without actually having a look at documents.
I mean if they are verifying information from other countries I appreciate their professionalism on the other hand when I notice that people with valid usa visas from germany are getting passport requests within 10 days. Things are supposed to be done in a timely fashion in a developed country like Canada which is not a developing country.
I have not understood their visa application processing system. No unified parameters even for the same applications from the same country.

in short, we are not a priority.

SamBahadur

Feb 3, 2024
I applied on 2nd November 2023. Eligibility status is showing completed on tracker since 27th January 2024 and activity status down on timeline is showing in process. Since then no update. Now its been more than 9 months. My nationality is Pakistan however I applied from china. Anyone else who is facing same issue or is in same boat? Or anyone faced similar situation but got a decision? Please do share.

Faidmaki

Aug 26, 2024
For a mandamus complaint, 6 months (working months) have passed since the submission of the application.
I have submitted my case on June 1st. Therefore, about 5 months and three weeks have passed since my submission.

Hello Guy

I'm Iranian and my situation is the same as you I applied for visitor visa and my situation in ircc-tracker is as below:
submitted date: 30.oct.2023
Eligibility: passed
Biometric: passed 9.Nov.2024
Back ground check : in progress since 10.Dec.2024

did you get your visa?

Faidmaki

Aug 26, 2024
Hello Guy

I'm Iranian and my situation is the same as you I applied for visitor visa and my situation in ircc-tracker is as below:
Biometric: passed 9.Nov.2024
Back ground check : in progress since 10.Dec.2024

did you get your visa?
Hi
sorry for mistake
Biometric was done on 9.Nov.2023

Biometric: passed 9.Nov.2023
Back ground check : in progress since 10.Dec.2023

Faidmaki

Aug 26, 2024
I applied on 2nd November 2023. Eligibility status is showing completed on tracker since 27th January 2024 and activity status down on timeline is showing in process. Since then no update. Now its been more than 9 months. My nationality is Pakistan however I applied from china. Anyone else who is facing same issue or is in same boat? Or anyone faced similar situation but got a decision? Please do share.
Hi
sorry for mistake
Biometric was done on 9.Nov.2023

Biometric: passed 9.Nov.2023
Back ground check : in progress since 10.Dec.2023

SamBahadur

Feb 3, 2024
when did eligibility got passed ? and what was the exact date of your background check start? can you share your tracker timeline ?

Faidmaki

Aug 26, 2024
when did eligibility got passed ? and what was the exact date of your background check start? can you share your tracker timeline ?
visa submission date : 30.oct.2023
biometric date : 9.nov.2023
eligibility : passed : 10.Dec.2023
background check : in progress since 10.Dec.2023

It has passed 9 months from submission of visitor visa I send webform 3 weeks ago and they replied as below:

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).​
We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your visitor visa application is still in process.
At this time, all required documents and information have been received by the responsible office.

after that i didn't get any action​

SamBahadur

Feb 3, 2024

It has passed 9 months from submission of visitor visa I send webform 3 weeks ago and they replied as below:

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that your visitor visa application is still in process.
At this time, all required documents and information have been received by the responsible office.

from where did you applied ? i mean which country ?

SamBahadur

Feb 3, 2024

I applied on 2nd November 2023. Eligibility status is showing completed on tracker since 27th January 2024 and activity status down on timeline is showing in process. Since then no update. 2 of my friends were in same boat and both of them got approved almost 10 to 15 days before the application date. i mean to say like if some one applied for the visa on 1st November 2023 and got stuck on background check as we are and eligibility also got completed it takes 350 to 360 days to get an answer. and mostly eligibility is completed after 1 to 2 months. So for your case hopefully you will get answer in 12 to 25 October 2024. Hope for the best.

Faidmaki

Aug 26, 2024
I applied on 2nd November 2023. Eligibility status is showing completed on tracker since 27th January 2024 and activity status down on timeline is showing in process. Since then no update. 2 of my friends were in same boat and both of them got approved almost 10 to 15 days before the application date. i mean to say like if some one applied for the visa on 1st November 2023 and got stuck on background check as we are and eligibility also got completed it takes 350 to 360 days to get an answer. and mostly eligibility is completed after 1 to 2 months. So for your case hopefully you will get answer in 12 to 25 October 2024. Hope for the best.
Many thanks for your guidance