+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background/Security checks after passport request

dream4canada

May 10, 2010
Guys, I have submitted my passport already and after that i received caipsnotes...i have noticed that my BDEC and Sec is still empty...what does that means...does it mean that my security checks are still pending.
In the passport request letter it was clearly given that chc is ready to issue me visa so i have to submit my passport..then why security checks are still pending.

I am really scared guys, are there still chances of background and security checks?? please share some information if someone noticed such in his/her case as well.
one more thing, there was an option to submit and receive passport in 2 weeks with visa (in ppr letter)...how can this be possible if my background checks are still pending.

dubey

Mar 8, 2010
Background/Security checks are done at any time during the application process before the visa is issued, for sure.
Even if it is a day to issuing your visa and your background check is having a red flag, your visa will be denied.
Why are you scared?Are you a terrorist or you have used some fake documents? If the answer to any of those is YES then you are
in for a big big trouble man. Other wiise, why are you worried?

setcanada

Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/12/2009
Doc's Request.
12/02/10
AOR Received.
12/02/10
IELTS Request
12/02/10
File Transfer...
17/02/10
Med's Request
18 Dec 2010
Med's Done....
28 dec 2010
Passport Req..
18 Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
2nd March 2011
LANDED..........
Landing on 8th April 2011 at Toronto
Dream4canada
Just relax background clearnce is the normal procedure which is carried out by CHC looking at people comment normally passport is delayed for those guys who travel a lot and have foreign Travel History

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Hi, once again the same link to u:
Background Checks:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t39578.0.html

Qorax

dream4canada

May 10, 2010
hey dubey, dear i am worried only bcoz of time taken for sec checks....i confirm I am not a terorrist and have provided perfectly genuine documents...i have heard that sec checks can take any time from 3months to years...thats why i m scared...i really regret for my passport submition..i should have done that in person...coz in that case chc has to return back the passport with visa in 2weeks exactly...but now i guess i am in a loooong que.
i guess sec checks are for people who r not able to submit passport in person.

ravs

Star Member
Sep 28, 2009
qorax said:
Hi, once again the same link to u:
Background Checks:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t39578.0.html

Qorax
Hi Qorax

I have a question for u - I m already in Canada on a post graduate work permit n its been 4 months since i have received my second AOR from ND CHC ...but still the status shows Received by visa office.
I send them a case specific enquiry .. they came back to me saying that ur file is awaiting review by a visa officer n we shall notify of further process.
I just want to know y is it taking this much time and also i have send documents but havent notarised them -would it matter ...
Also wanted to know as far as security check is concerned - i m already in Canada - wud security check take time since m already in Canada or it wont - since m already here

ur inputs wud be highly appreciated.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ravs said:
Hi Qorax

I have a question for u - I m already in Canada on a post graduate work permit n its been 4 months since i have received my second AOR from ND CHC ...but still the status shows Received by visa office.
I send them a case specific enquiry .. they came back to me saying that ur file is awaiting review by a visa officer n we shall notify of further process.
I just want to know y is it taking this much time and also i have send documents but havent notarised them -would it matter ...
Also wanted to know as far as security check is concerned - i m already in Canada - wud security check take time since m already in Canada or it wont - since m already here

ur inputs wud be highly appreciated.
Hi,

Security checks would still be there & the timeframe too, as both the cases [WP & PR] r viewed separately.

Regards,
Qorax

ather8888

Dec 16, 2009
dream4canada said:
Guys, I have submitted my passport already and after that i received caipsnotes...i have noticed that my BDEC and Sec is still empty...what does that means...does it mean that my security checks are still pending.
In the passport request letter it was clearly given that chc is ready to issue me visa so i have to submit my passport..then why security checks are still pending.

I am really scared guys, are there still chances of background and security checks?? please share some information if someone noticed such in his/her case as well.
one more thing, there was an option to submit and receive passport in 2 weeks with visa (in ppr letter)...how can this be possible if my background checks are still pending.
HI
My dear i tell u the exacttly what happened with ur file
Actually when u oreder caips notes, just after one week they get print of caips but they issue it after 6 weeks.
so the status of ur application on caips notes is always 5 weeks b4. u got my point. but later on ur background check is completed so that'y they sent u PPR.
I also ordered caips 6 months b4
the story was same
i got on january 15, 2010 and there was no information that my medical is issued
but medical letter was already issued on 10 Jan 2010
evenbofre i asked the compnay who arranged my caips that till what date the status on caips i can see and their reply was same. they told me the information on caips will be older by one month.
so ur background check is completed already 100% and then they issued u PPR.
so just relax, enjoy and think about ticket to canada and nothing else.
congrats.
thanks

dream4canada

May 10, 2010
dear ather, thanks for ur opinion..but i have already checked my caips regarding this and passport request letter sent was clearly mentioned in those...so my case is different....i also thought of the same thing when i noticed bdec and sec blank but when i went through complete file i also found ppr letter.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
dream4canada said:
dear ather, thanks for ur opinion..but i have already checked my caips regarding this and passport request letter sent was clearly mentioned in those...so my case is different....i also thought of the same thing when i noticed bdec and sec blank but when i went through complete file i also found ppr letter.
Usually the BDEC & SDEC remains blank [or '0'] till the time our pps r stamped.

dream4canada

May 10, 2010
thanks bro, it really gave me relief...one more thing i want to ask u...it has been exactly 24 days since chc received my passport and my ecas is still in process (medical received)...can i send them a status update email on monday evening if my ecas is still in process.
actually i checked for all london applicants..after completion of 2 weeks of passport submition most of them have got decision made on the monday of 3rd week...but i am already 1week late.
what is ur opinion???

ather8888

Dec 16, 2009
dream4canada said:
thanks bro, it really gave me relief...one more thing i want to ask u...it has been exactly 24 days since chc received my passport and my ecas is still in process (medical received)...can i send them a status update email on monday evening if my ecas is still in process.
actually i checked for all london applicants..after completion of 2 weeks of passport submition most of them have got decision made on the monday of 3rd week...but i am already 1week late.
what is ur opinion???
Dont worry my dear
It happens some times
Ecase sometimes updated very late so there is nothing to worry
By the way which nationality u have?
from which country u sent ur passport?
standard time for visa on passport is one month
but in ur case i think they have stamped ur visa but they did not update ecase.
just relax
u r much better than the people who did not get PPR
thnx

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
dream4canada said:
what is ur opinion???
Remember, that PPR letter mentions it'd take 30-45 days for the pps to return & to contact them 'only' after 6 weeks. So, do not send any email to CHC-London till u X 45 days. That's my sincere advice. Lest u cheese them off.

It's just a matter of time before u receive your pps with visa/s. U have waited long... just hold on a bit more buddy. Everything will be alright, soon. Good luck !

Qorax

ather8888

Dec 16, 2009
qorax said:
Remember, that PPR letter mentions it'd take 30-45 days for the pps to return & to contact them 'only' after 6 weeks. So, do not send any email to CHC-London till u X 45 days. That's my sincere advice. Lest u cheese them off.

It's just a matter of time before u receive your pps with visa/s. U have waited long... just hold on a bit more buddy. Everything will be alright, soon. Good luck !

Qorax
Hi qorax
I hope u know me as i had asked u a number of things before
It's now 4th month since my medical but still did not recieve anything from CHC
Last month i sent them email regarding my application status but they replied third time that they r still awaiting my background results. U know i am from Pak, Now what u think, should i continue sending them emails or stop it. normally i send them email after one month. 2ndly how long they can take maximum? they have already conducted my interview in march, Can they again call me for 2nd security interview?
Plz Advise?
thanks

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Dear Ather,

I know your case & also understand what u r going thru. Unfortunately the CIC has its ways, which we cannot foresee or predict. Yes, recently they have become [not only they, but many other nations as well] very strict@Xchecking the b/grounds of certain ppl.

This'd take time & its toll on the overall system of PR for these guys. Your interview probably was on b/ground check only. And they may or may not conduct another one on Security Clearance. One cannot be sure. However, I definitely think it wouldn't be necessary as u have done with one recently at Adh.

Usually, after that interview ppl get the PPR/Visa by 30-45 days. But I know, u r much delayed. & that's 'coz of the foregoing at para-1. Give it some time friend, & things should be alright. Just that your case timing was bad [post the 1st May incident].

Our prayers r with u. InshaAllah u'll succeed !

Qorax