+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background Declaration Schedule ---for our son

jimimd

Nov 16, 2008
:-X We recently got a notice that our application for residency did not meet the requirements of an acceptable application because we did not submit a "Background Declaration / Schedule " [Imm 0008 Schedule 1] for our son who has my same name but he is a Jr. ? The instructions for that schedule clearly state---" all dependent children aged 18 years or older listed in the applicatiuon for permanent residence must complete their own copy of this form". He is no longer our dependent---and he is not applying for residency---the only reason we put he and his sister on the application at all is that we were told if we didn't list them they would not be able to apply for residency in the future. They did not request the background declaration for our daughter who is also listed as "in our family " only our son ? Should we just fill out the declarations for both children even though they are not applying for residency ?? Is there a phone # that we can call with questions like this ? Our application has already been returned once because they said I did not explain "clearly enough " what my employment duties were as a Pediatrician ? This process is confusing and frustrating to say the least ! Please help so we don't give up !

thaiguy

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2007
Vancouver
No phone number that I know of. That's why these online forums are so popular.

I have no idea why they asked for information only about your son and not your daughter. But you know how it is .. they can be selective about information, you can't!

When CIC receives an application, they like to get all the information they can about an entire family. That way, if your son/daughter chooses to go to Canada later, it's easier for CIC to fill-in the gaps.