+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

background checks

Ramki

Dec 19, 2007
Are the background checks done before the passport is sent out or done after the high comission requests for passport?This is for highcomission in NewDelhi,

If the applicant has been on a vacation for approx 2 months outside his country, does that call for additional background checks from that country?

Many Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Ramki said:
Are the background checks done before the passport is sent out or done after the high comission requests for passport?This is for highcomission in NewDelhi,

If the applicant has been on a vacation for approx 2 months outside his country, does that call for additional background checks from that country?

Many Thanks
1. Yes, of course.
2. No.

PMM

Ramki

Dec 19, 2007
Thanks for your response PMM !So if the background checks are already done before the high commission sends out the request for passport, it shouldn’t take long for them to return the passport with the viss stamped! I submitted my wifes on 25th Dec, so I shld be expecting something by mail next week! Let me know if this timeline is accurate based on your exp!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

thaiguy said:
It shouldn't take long, but some offices do take a long time - as much as several months.
New Delhi is notorious for requesting PPs months before COPR is issued.

PMM

Gotchaa

Star Member
Aug 9, 2007
its almost four months after my interview for PR application in Islamabad. Havnt heard anything from them and on query they say wait patiently. Does anyone think that if they wanted to refuse they might have refused by now? In my opinion, four months is long enough time for them to say no. The only thing which I can think of is background check being done on my application. Can anyone tell me by their experience if background checks take several months on applications from Pakistan?