+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background Checks??

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
I have a question on the background check process;

1. When actually the background checks starts? Does it starts after receiving the RPRF and medicals (of course) regardless of the complete PCC's are received or not?

OR

2. They wait until all the PCC's are received with the Medicals and RPRF and then they start the background checks.

My question is sometimes, you can do the medicals and send the fee to CIC, but your PCC are delayed, do they wait for those PCC to come in or they start the background check after they know you pass medicals and have paid your RPR fee, then depending upon the PCC received by CIC or not, they send PPR or refuse.

Which one is correct 1 or 2?

Thanks,

canadp

Feb 25, 2009
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2010
LANDED..........
29-07-2010
Hi NewYorker,

As I checked on other forum of this website, I found out that it generally happens before medical request.

so if there is an issue with background check, CIC don't want to you to do your medical test again if some problem occurs and they may need some more time to evaluate your application and by that time your medical expire.

canadp

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
This is what my understanding is;

Background checks are done after submission of document request, it is the security check which takes effects after medicals are approved and fee is sent to CIC, the security check which are done by CSIS. Depending upon the security checks the application is denied, delayed or approved, it has nothing to do with PCC, however IO still wait for all PCC to come in before s/he approves the application.

Is that what happens in the background?

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
Background checks could be criminal activity check, job verification and documents verification.

The Security check could be terrorist activity check, danger to Canada or not, threat to national security and God knows what else, in this they run your fingerprints as well, this particular check is done by CSIS.

I heard that Background check is a bigger umbrella and all these checks falls under it, however they perform the Security check on applicants only when they have passed the medicals and paid their fee, it may take 1 -2 months for Security check.

This is what I have learned by reading, none of it I can be verified with a reliable resource so don't ask me for the link.

bavarian

Star Member
Mar 28, 2009
How do they do employment verification check? Do they contact employer by phone/mail? Any one had any experience with the visa office contacting employer?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

bavarian said:
How do they do employment verification check? Do they contact employer by phone/mail? Any one had any experience with the visa office contacting employer?
Usually by phone, some offices, Beijing Delhi, Isbad make actual visits some times.

PMM

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
bavarian said:
Did I mentioned this earlier that this kind of check is usually done before they send you the IA. Sec check come after the medicals are passed and fee is paid. So if you have the IA in your hands, most likely your job check is completed - one less thing to worry about.

mznutcracker

Apr 16, 2009
hi NewYorker,

regarding background check..i had a friend,who already done her medical in calgary and her family in the phils, after 2mos
she received a letter frm the embassy that they discover a FRAUD in one of her documents she submitted(highschool diploma)
she was only given 30 days to response.unfortunately,she wasnt able to defend herself coz she's guilty of the said accusation.
so, to make the story short the moral lesson of her story is that make sure that all documents are real,do not submit any false documents
her dream of becoming a PR of canada will just remain a dream

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
mznutcracker said:
hi NewYorker,

regarding background check..i had a friend,who already done her medical in calgary and her family in the phils, after 2mos
she received a letter frm the embassy that they discover a FRAUD in one of her documents she submitted(highschool diploma)
she was only given 30 days to response.unfortunately,she wasnt able to defend herself coz she's guilty of the said accusation.
so, to make the story short the moral lesson of her story is that make sure that all documents are real,do not submit any false documents
her dream of becoming a PR of canada will just remain a dream
Thanks for the input, no fraud here BTW, just wanted to confirm that what are the steps of background checks and when they actually start this process, this can give an guesstimate when you will receive a PPR.

P

pakistan

Our Employment verification is done before medical so if it is background check then it was before medical as my employer told me that visa office called twice for you.

Simon123

Jun 4, 2009
USA
I have a question regarding Background checks...

i have an employment lawsuite going on in US with my previous employer . It is upon "breach of contract" and no -payment of wages.
will this check create an issue. I know the lawsuite shows up in my background checks.

I dont have any issues with my current employer though. Its been more than a year with him.

Please advice

Thanks,
simon