+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background Checks -EXPLAINED >>>

kidrobot

Nov 25, 2009
Dear Qorax,

I apply Under MPNP (Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program). The forms that i submitted to MPNP is the same with apply for PR. Got nominated and submitted my file to local Visa Office.

Is this means that MPNP already done my background check? Will my local Visa Office do the background check again?

Thanks for your useful Background Check explanation.

Regards,
Kidrobot

SimPak

Apr 23, 2012
Dear Sir
My application status is RBVO since 12 months .Should I apply for GCMS ,My VO is London.
last month I send CSE to LVO they replied that your file is waiting review an immigration officer .
Sir plz guide me, Should i go for GCMS or wait ?
SIMPAK

DentalHero

Sep 24, 2011
Hi Qorax and everybody

Hi Qoorax

I applied on January 2011

Received PER on March 25th 2011

Medical Request / RPRF / PCC on Nov 2011

Still stuck in background checks and no PR from that time (e-case : In Process )

My medicals are close to expiry and I don't know what's wrong with my case ?

Best Wishes for everybody and If anybody can clarify this issue I'll be Grateful ....

Gat

Mar 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
First week of February 2012
Doc's Request.
No Additional docs Requested But I Submitted Thrice
Nomination.....
LOA Second week of February 2013
AOR Received.
AOR from CIO Third week of june 2013
IELTS Request
Submitted along with MPNP Application
File Transfer...
3rd week of july 2013
Med's Request
Soon with God Grace
Med's Done....
Soon with God Grace
Interview........
Hopefully waived
Passport Req..
Soon with God Grace
VISA ISSUED...
Soon with God Grace
LANDED..........
Soon with God Grace
Dear Qorax and everybody,

Hi everyone I am the Newbie in this forum please let me know do CHC or Visa office checks the background in all cases i mean to say provincial nominee as well or federal only.and let me know how the perform while checking all the BG Test. Do they checks only Standard BG Like:- Employment,education and gathered documents etc.
or:- Do they checks only criminal,security or health backgrounds only

Please Let me know Do they Checks Background in all cases or only the few cases. PLEASE REPLY QORAX OR SOMEONE ELSE EXPERT AND HAVE A PROPER KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THIS QUESTION. WAITING FOR THE REPLY..........................?

Thanks

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Gat said:

Hi everyone I am the Newbie in this forum please let me know do CHC or Visa office checks the background in all cases i mean to say provincial nominee as well or federal only.and let me know how the perform while checking all the BG Test. Do they checks only Standard BG Like:- Employment,education and gathered documents etc.

Please Let me know Do they Checks Background in all cases or only the few cases. PLEASE REPLY QORAX OR SOMEONE ELSE EXPERT AND HAVE A PROPER KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THIS QUESTION. WAITING FOR THE REPLY..........................?

Thanks
A complete, full & thorough background & security check will be conducted for every PR applicant - whatever category/route s/he has applied thru - and it's done at the Federal level for all.

Qorax

rafaelgabbie

Star Member
May 7, 2010
Do they do partial request of additional documents or when they ask for an additional docs they asked it one time? They only asked for updated bank statement which i sent three weeks ago. What happens nxt? If they are satisfied, how long would they reply for medical? Ty.

canada0801

Sep 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo >> Transferred to NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2010 CC Charged.........: 03-11-2010
Doc's Request.
submitted with application; new PCC resubmitted with MR
AOR Received.
02-17-2011
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
received by Buffalo VO >> transfer to NYC
Med's Request
01-29-2012
Med's Done....
03-16-2012
Interview........
tbd
Passport Req..
tbd
VISA ISSUED...
tbd
LANDED..........
tbd
Gat said:

Thanks
From what we can gather by reading what was published on open sources , they do two types of BG checks:

#1. Routine (from criminal to medical and security)

#2. Very thorough (sending inquiries to several agencies and asking detailed reports etc).

Most applicants go through #1, some go through #2.

Nobody here can tell what the algorithm is that triggers the second type of BG checks (or whether it's random), but it is evident that after passing certain milestones some people get benefits at much faster speed than others and the length of time is many times directly correlated with scope of BG being conducted.

Good luck.

DentalHero

Sep 24, 2011
canada0801 said:
From what we can gather by reading what was published on open sources , they do two types of BG checks:

#1. Routine (from criminal to medical and security)

#2. Very thorough (sending inquiries to several agencies and asking detailed reports etc).

Most applicants go through #1, some go through #2.

Nobody here can tell what the algorithm is that triggers the second type of BG checks (or whether it's random), but it is evident that after passing certain milestones some people get benefits at much faster speed than others and the length of time is many times directly correlated with scope of BG being conducted.

Good luck.

Thank you for your helpful information but what about the length of time for the thorough background checks and can some people receive refusal after waiting all this time and doing medicals / RPRF ???

Warm Regards .....

shaziabibi

Nov 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LDN
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April, 2009
Doc's Request.
May, 2009
AOR Received.
August, 2009
File Transfer...
June, 2010
Med's Request
March, 2013
Med's Done....
June, 2013
Interview........
November, 2012
Passport Req..
PPR1 letter received via e-mail on July 16, 2013, DM Status on August 26, 2013 and finally got PPR2 on August 30, 2013.
VISA ISSUED...
October 8, 2013
LANDED..........
19-03-2014
COMMENTS FROM OUR SENIOR MEMBERS
AS PER MY CAIPS NOTES MY BFD WERE PASSAGEWAY TWO DAYS BACK ( I-E 16 JULY, 2012)
ON MY BFD DAY
THE STATUS OF MY E-CAS LITTLE CHANGE, AND SHOW TWO STATUS ONE IN PROCESS AND THE OTHER WITHDRAWN

In Process
Withdrawn

IN PROCESS...........................................CURRENT CASE
Withdrawn..............................................We started processing your application on February 9, 2008.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

I ACTUALLY SUBMITTED ONE CASE IN 2008....... AND I WITHDREW THAT CASE BY WRITING AN APPLICATION TO ISLAMABAD AS A RESULT MY CASE WAS WITHDRAWN AND EVEN THE ISLAMABAD OFFICE RETURN ME FEE VIA A CHECK.......... NOW I CAN SEE THE DETAILS OF THAT CASE, EVEN I HIMSELF WITHDRAWN.......CURRENTLY MY BC CHECKS ARE GOING ON FOR MY IN PROCESS CASE. I NEED SOME EXPERIENCE COMMENTS ON THIS SITUATION
REGARDS,

getcanada

Star Member
Apr 12, 2012
shaziabibi said:
COMMENTS FROM OUR SENIOR MEMBERS
AS PER MY CAIPS NOTES MY BFD WERE PASSAGEWAY TWO DAYS BACK ( I-E 16 JULY, 2012)
ON MY BFD DAY
THE STATUS OF MY E-CAS LITTLE CHANGE, AND SHOW TWO STATUS ONE IN PROCESS AND THE OTHER WITHDRAWN

In Process
Withdrawn

IN PROCESS...........................................CURRENT CASE
Withdrawn..............................................We started processing your application on February 9, 2008.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

I ACTUALLY SUBMITTED ONE CASE IN 2008....... AND I WITHDREW THAT CASE BY WRITING AN APPLICATION TO ISLAMABAD AS A RESULT MY CASE WAS WITHDRAWN AND EVEN THE ISLAMABAD OFFICE RETURN ME FEE VIA A CHECK.......... NOW I CAN SEE THE DETAILS OF THAT CASE, EVEN I HIMSELF WITHDRAWN.......CURRENTLY MY BC CHECKS ARE GOING ON FOR MY IN PROCESS CASE. I NEED SOME EXPERIENCE COMMENTS ON THIS SITUATION
REGARDS,

Not to worry for that, it is very normal.

you actual status is In Process. the other status will disappear shortly.

abhimanyuu

Star Member
Oct 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-07-2011
Doc's Request.
PER thru email 8-10-2011
AOR Received.
07-11-2011 thru postal mail
IELTS Request
add docs req by NDVO - PCC & POF on Jan 31st
File Transfer...
Done
Med's Request
26-04-2012
Med's Done....
5-5-2012, MR/PP/RPRF sent 14-5-12, Re-meds 26th Sep, Re-photo submission Oct 5th
Interview........
No Thanks!
Passport Req..
26-04-2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM on Nov 19th
LANDED..........
Plans for Feb 13'
Hi qorax,

Had read that there are 2 types of checks – Routine (normally done) & Thourough (rarely done)…in my case as you know they had asked for old pp after Med & rprf encashment. The old pp request came on june 20th. Now I had 2 ol pp’s , 1 was made in 2000 which I sent them and the other was made when I was barely 10yrs old in 1986 and that is lost…and I couldn’t send the same instead sent them a notarized affidavit stating that I had never travelled on that pp and that was in the custody of my parents and is now lost…

Hope that should not be a prob…Its been more than 3weeks now, and normally ppl get DM in 3 weeks from the pp requested 

Your help pls ?

K

K_S

qorax said:
A complete, full & thorough background & security check will be conducted for every PR applicant - whatever category/route s/he has applied thru - and it's done at the Federal level for all.

Qorax
Hi....
Are Routine BG checks started after NOC telly + Job description ...?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
K_S said:
Hi....
Are Routine BG checks started after NOC telly + Job description ...?
That's done in CIO-NS, yes b/g checks will be conducted after that, in the CHC.

K

K_S

qorax said:
That's done in CIO-NS, yes b/g checks will be conducted after that, in the CHC.
HI....
SIR thanks alot for ur reply... i m Pre-june applicant.....i think for us Routine BG checks are to be done in CHC when file is found OK.....am i rite or wwrong?

ovais

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2011
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2011
AOR Received.
PER 16-11-2011
Med's Request
12-12-12
Med's Done....
20-12-12
Passport Req..
PPR1 03-04-13 DM 22-04-13 PPR2 02-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
14-05-13
LANDED..........
November 1, 2013
i got mail from LVO which states 'please b advised tht a letter requesting for further information will be sent to u shortly'
any idea wht it might b all about?
i recieved my GCMS a few days back and it was mentioned mentioned in it tht NOA is not located for the relative in canada. so i replied tht i am ready to provide the NOA if it is required. NOA is the Notice of Assessment for tax purposes as per my understanding.
do u think tht the further information required pertains to this NOA or there might b somethin else?
do u think tht the process is still on track?
do u think tht part of BGC are complete like eligibility assessment and they require some more information to be sure of the points awarded thereof.
regards
ovais