Interview........
waved 19/04/2010
Passport Req..
24/05/2012
VISA ISSUED...
13/07/2012
LANDED..........
29/08/2012
In my opinion sending an inquiry is useless. They don't ask not to send inquiries for nothing. They, most probably, will not answer it (except auto-response from computer). Even if they will, it will not be informative. And it will take their time which they, otherwise, could have used to work on mine and everybody else's cases.

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lost World said:
Check your average timelines from CIC website. and then drop an inquiry on meeting the given timelines.
(as CIC claims, that the timelines represents 80% of the cases)
The CHC specific processing time line given on CIC web probably not representing the current extended average processing time (due to new backlogs and priority quota even for the fast track applicants) and we can expect an amended/updated time line sometimes this year....

It will probably not wise to inquire and challenge with claims of ones file being past CIC specified range of processing time as they are supposed not to be accountable to clients for any change in their internal revised strategy.... Therefore either no response or a generic response might be expected as a result if anybody still go for a try !!!

jassi_cool1980

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2011
guleph on
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
8 bands
File Transfer...
march 2010
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
march 2011
LANDED..........
9'th of june 2011
@ qorax or any other person with knowledge

i have sent my ppt in Feb 22 to chc , i got them back on 5'th march this year requesting to renew my passport within forty five days as the photo was real old and ppt was about to expire this year as well, i sent the renewed ppt back to the chc.

now my question is " will they pick my ppt on next bfd for visa stamping or they can pick ppt in between as well ? and secondly when did the actual background check starts,at the time when i first submitted my passport or when i submitted my new renewed ppt ?"

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
jassi_cool1980 said:
@ qorax or any other person with knowledge

i have sent my ppt in Feb 22 to chc , i got them back on 5'th march this year requesting to renew my passport within forty five days as the photo was real old and ppt was about to expire this year as well, i sent the renewed ppt back to the chc.

now my question is " will they pick my ppt on next bfd for visa stamping or they can pick ppt in between as well ? and secondly when did the actual background check starts,at the time when i first submitted my passport or when i submitted my new renewed ppt ?"
1. They wouldn't wait for a BF'D & take action on the pps imdtly. It's another matter that there might be a queue for the same.
2. With the pps request - moreso, that they asked u fresh one again - it's likely that your b/ground checks stand completed.

Qorax

MBKP

Star Member
Mar 25, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Dear Qorax!
I need ur humble opinion on my case as in how long it may take to get processed:

My time lines are:
Received 2nd AOR: August 2009
ECAS Status: In Process (5 February 2011).
Ecas Status Changed to In Process but the content inside is the same, as theres no line saying We Started processing ur application.

Im awaiting Medicals. Please favor me by giving your view about it. Thanks for the Help in Advance.

jassi_cool1980

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2011
guleph on
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
8 bands
File Transfer...
march 2010
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
march 2011
LANDED..........
9'th of june 2011
qorax said:
1. They wouldn't wait for a BF'D & take action on the pps imdtly. It's another matter that there might be a queue for the same.
2. With the pps request - moreso, that they asked u fresh one again - it's likely that your b/ground checks stand completed.

Qorax
thanks for the prompt reply man , no wonder you got +890 , now add +1 from me as well

ItsBeenLongNow

Champion Member
Nov 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Qorax
I was wondering, many caipsnotes here suggests that PSDEC and the SELDEC dates are usually the same date
however in my case. my PSDEC 1 dated 02 02 2010 (last year) and still SELDEC date is 0
any idea why, is there a reason i should be concerned/worried?

thanks

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
ItsBeenLongNow said:
Dear Qorax
I was wondering, many caipsnotes here suggests that PSDEC and the SELDEC dates are usually the same date
however in my case. my PSDEC 1 dated 02 02 2010 (last year) and still SELDEC date is 0
any idea why, is there a reason i should be concerned/worried?

thanks
It occurs with many -- usually when there's something amiss - when the VO is yet to determine some aspects of the background check/s. In such cases the CAIPS would show multiple BF'Ds as well.

If u r a post Nov2008 case - yes, it's a matter of concern. 'Coz, u should be doing your meds now - whatever the max delay could be. But, if u r a pre Nov2008 case - relax... those cases ought to take 3.5yrs [or more] to complete... they have a separate queue, remember that.

Qorax

MBKP

Star Member
Mar 25, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Qorax! Id appreciate if you reply, I needed to ask one other question that My case was transferred from Islamabad Visa Office to London Visa Office on 30th June 2010, now is there any time line that London Visa Office will follow? Its been almost 9 months in London VO.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
MBKP said:
Qorax! Id appreciate if you reply, I needed to ask one other question that My case was transferred from Islamabad Visa Office to London Visa Office on 30th June 2010, now is there any time line that London Visa Office will follow? Its been almost 9 months in London VO.
Hi Mohammad,

For Isb-Lon Transferee cases it takes about an yr for something to occur since the date of file xfr. Kindly have patience & everything will start falling-into place soon.

Good luck!

Qorax

MBKP

Star Member
Mar 25, 2011
Mississauga, ON
Qorax! i hope im not bothering u .. but i need to get this one thing cleared...

My ecase status shows In Process but the contents inside are the same as they were wen my status was Received by Visa Office...

Does that mean my case is in process or not ? i mean theres no date mentioned that WE Started processing your application on this date?

kolijartukra

Jan 6, 2011
fariza said:
The CHC specific processing time line given on CIC web probably not representing the current extended average processing time (due to new backlogs and priority quota even for the fast track applicants) and we can expect an amended/updated time line sometimes this year....

It will probably not wise to inquire and challenge with claims of ones file being past CIC specified range of processing time as they are supposed not to be accountable to clients for any change in their internal revised strategy.... Therefore either no response or a generic response might be expected as a result if anybody still go for a try !!!
NOW A DAYS THERE IS NO TIME LINE FOR PROCESSING APPLICATION. NO BODY KNOWS WHEN THEY WILL PROCESS APPLICATION. JUST FORGET ABOUT 12 MONTHS TIME.... IT MAY DOUBLE OR MORE....

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
MBKP said:
Qorax! i hope im not bothering u .. but i need to get this one thing cleared...

My ecase status shows In Process but the contents inside are the same as they were wen my status was Received by Visa Office...

Does that mean my case is in process or not ? i mean theres no date mentioned that WE Started processing your application on this date?
It's Ok... it's 'in process' alright.
Qorax