waived
Passport Req..
1st request: november 2011 // second request: 26th july 2013
VISA ISSUED...
first issue january 2012- SECOND ISSUE 22 AUGUST 2013
LANDED..........
13 October 2013
Can you help me guys...

My husband had his visa issued earlier this year, but before landing we got married and we notified CIC which in their return send us some guidelines and asked for papers including photos processing fee etc.. after a month or so they asked for my medicals which were sent early July.

since then we didn't receive any information from them (please note that my husband's medical and visa expired on the 26th of September). we have tried to contact them, and they answered after two weeks telling us:

"Dear Applicant,

The background check is continued and no further requirements can be communicated. In the case that your medical examinations expired, we will try to extend their validity."

Today, i checked into our ecas and the status was changed from Decision Made to In process. i have looked into the diagram of the application status and i am worried since it looks (according to Diagram) that we are back to step 1.

could you please tell me whats your opinion on the above?

thank you.

Harri

Feb 24, 2008
Islamabad, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2010
IELTS Request
7.5 Bands
Med's Request
24 Feb 2012
Med's Done....
24 March 2012
Interview........
No news
Passport Req..
PPR1 7 Nov 2012, PPR2 3rd Dec 2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-Dec-2012
LANDED..........
14 Feb 2013, Calgary
canada100 said:
guys, plz check my message for capt qorax above. my visa office is london and 9 months AFTER my medicals were received by them, my backgroubd checks are stiill on. So it is not just ND visa office.
My Visa Office is London and I submitted my Meds RPRF, Updated Forms, PCC and Travel History in March 2012. And still waiting for PPR. And on my inquiry, I was told that BG Checks are going on. I feel that BG checks are done before Meds, and after Meds the Security Checks starts.
But VO cannot reply you that we are carrying out Security Checks on you. Instead they reply that BG checks are going on.
As far NDVO is concerned that must be an exception.

bafh

Aug 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-March 2010
File Transfer...
20-12-2012
Med's Request
20-4-2012
Med's Done....
15-5-2012
Passport Req..
16-10-2012 submit in 2-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
6-11-2012
LANDED..........
Dec.Calgary
Dear Qorax

I have just received this email from V.O , they didn't ask to send passports ?? is it normal ? shall I contact them ? I'm confused , if u can help me what I have to do as soon as possible

Dear Applicant,

The following documents/information/actions are required in order to conclude the processing of your application:

* the Right of Permanent Residence Fee for you and your spouse in amount of $ 490 Cad x 2. For detailed info on fees, please visit our website:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/poland-pologne/visas/processing_fees-frais_traitement.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

* updated original proof of settlement funds for the equivalent of $23.425 Cad

The above requirements must be met within 30 days from the date of this correspondence. Your immediate attention to this request is critical to the outcome of your application.

Yours sincerely,
Immigration Officer

silvershani

May 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Qorax,

I did CSE last week for my application status! And I received their reply today as follows:

Dear sir/madam,

Your application awaits review, please wait further correspondence.

Your sincerely,

NXR

Plz let me know what doesn't it mean awaits reiview....?. I am confuse now they asked updated docs in mar-apr without reviewing my case?.

Plz reply thx...

back.bencher

Star Member
Oct 14, 2011
Hi all
why no body take my Query seriously.

i am student but stuck in background checks since august 2011 can any one plz tell how long more is this procedure my medicals were also done in august 2011??
Since then every time when i asked for CSI received the same mail from CHC that ''background and security checks are under way''. i Dnt have any criminal history no travel history. no Affiliation with any Political/Religious party.My VO Is Islamabad .
Kindly please Help me someone when should i expect something from CHC
Thanks & Regards in advance

alexchristi

Sep 8, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th july 2011
AOR Received.
PER 8th sept.2011
IELTS Request
on file
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
05. Oct. 2012
VISA ISSUED...
24. 10. 2012
LANDED..........
08.dec.2012
bafh said:
Dear Qorax

I have just received this email from V.O , they didn't ask to send passports ?? is it normal ? shall I contact them ? I'm confused , if u can help me what I have to do as soon as possible

Dear Applicant,

The following documents/information/actions are required in order to conclude the processing of your application:

* the Right of Permanent Residence Fee for you and your spouse in amount of $ 490 Cad x 2. For detailed info on fees, please visit our website:

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/poland-pologne/visas/processing_fees-frais_traitement.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

* updated original proof of settlement funds for the equivalent of $23.425 Cad

The above requirements must be met within 30 days from the date of this correspondence. Your immediate attention to this request is critical to the outcome of your application.

Yours sincerely,
Immigration Officer

Probably they will ask o send he PP after you prove that you have the funds.

The VO asked me to send updated proof for settlement funds before medicals.

micky0072

Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2012
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
23-03-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
04-02-2012
Med's Request
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
05-12-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
20-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM 17-09-2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully soon
Hi All,

I need help. I received 2nd AOR from NDVO on 28th March. Till today there is no communication from them, my status just shows as application received. Can any one suggest if its common. I am MI3 applicant.

I sent a case specific query as six months have passed and there is no reply for that as well.

Please suggest.

Thanks.

Canada_4Ever

Star Member
Oct 24, 2012
Sharjah,United Arab Emirates
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2010
Doc's Request.
05-09-2010
AOR Received.
23-07-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with File
File Transfer...
28-07-2010
Med's Request
22-11-2012
Med's Done....
26-11-2012
Interview........
waived-Alhumdulillah
Passport Req..
19-12-2012 Alhumdulillah PP sent on 25th Dec.
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2013
LANDED..........
Inshallah soon when Allah willing.....
Hi Qorax

I got SELDEC 1 and PSDEC 1 and officer emailed that my B/Check under progress and will contact you once we have new requirements.

Any idea how long will it take ? as my application was refused lat April by overlooking my AEO from officer and once requested they reopened the case june 2012.
So my case is already delayed but after reopened its been 5 months now.

My BF date was 15-10-2012 on my last caips notes which i got few days back only.
please suggest me how long maybe it may take on my case to get MR ? as the mistake was from CHC and i m suffering now by waiting long and long......

iyikk

Apr 24, 2012
qorax said:
Thank you verymuch sir, you are really VIP Member..................
Background & Security Checks
Note: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts:
1. The Standard Documentation Checks,
2. The Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'.
-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months).
-eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'.
*The older system has a queue, thus can be longer.

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds]
-eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.

*Yes, that's how a certain Mr. Sharukh Khan was detained for 4.5 hrs in an US port. He was a VIP, thus 4.5 hrs. For u & me -things could be different.
The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

Qorax

angad567

Jul 17, 2011
Sir Qorax

After 4 months since my first medicals expired , i got re - medical instructions , whether background checks ( security , employement etc. )are supposedly over? (my visa office is NDVO)

geoton

Sep 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28/6/2011
AOR Received.
16/7/2011
IELTS Request
send with initial application
Med's Request
5/6/2012
Med's Done....
15/7/2012
Interview........
24/feb/2012
Passport Req..
5/6/2012
VISA ISSUED...
01/02/2013
LANDED..........
28/03/2013
I HAVE SEEN BACKGROUND CHECKS EXPLAINED BY MASTER QRAX BUT ANY BODY PLS EXPLAIN ABOUT HOW QSW BACKGROUND CHECKS AT CHC NEWDELHI??APPROXIMATE DURATION???? ???

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/04/2009
Dear Qorax,

If I am at the stage where I'm waiting for my Passport request, can my application be refused due to not being able to obtain the Indian PCC despite my efforts, I have already requested my VO for a 'waiver' still waiting to hear from them. I'm even hoping they call me for an interview but I DO NOT want my application to be rejected at this stage.What do you think?

Please please reply, I'm really panicking and my lawyer won't respond or assist me on this because he has already sent a waiver request before and they asked for it again.

sonit

Star Member
Jul 11, 2012
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NOV..2011
Doc's Request.
NOT YET
AOR Received.
MARCH 2012
File Transfer...
APRIL 2012
Med's Request
[MOVE](2ND LINE---- 26/ AUG /12)[/MOVE]
111 said:
Dear Qorax,

If I am at the stage where I'm waiting for my Passport request, can my application be refused due to not being able to obtain the Indian PCC despite my efforts, I have already requested my VO for a 'waiver' still waiting to hear from them. I'm even hoping they call me for an interview but I DO NOT want my application to be rejected at this stage.What do you think?

Please please reply, I'm really panicking and my lawyer won't respond or assist me on this because he has already sent a waiver request before and they asked for it again.
Pcc is very important issue....
as it clear ur criminal issue frm ur country.....
if sm1 can't get PCC ... cic will definitely go through ur backgrounds chk again as they r very strict abt PCC...
if u cant get transcript of qualification....... still it works....
but in case of pcc i dont think so....
rest all depend on ur visa officer
all d best.......
may i know y they(ur state) r not providing pcc......

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/04/2009
Dear Sonit,

I have sent you a PM.