+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background Check Timeline

Kelliott

Aug 28, 2017
Hi everyone!

We are applying for Outland spousal sponsorship with my husband coming from the USA. We have been asked for police certificates to be sent by Dec 23. The FBI processing times are 12+ weeks though. Will we be penalized for not having them by the 23rd? Are there other options?

Thanks for any help/insights!

jeff198901

Champion Member
May 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
AOR Received.
18-04-2017
Hi everyone!

We are applying for Outland spousal sponsorship with my husband coming from the USA. We have been asked for police certificates to be sent by Dec 23. The FBI processing times are 12+ weeks though. Will we be penalized for not having them by the 23rd? Are there other options?

Thanks for any help/insights!
If you are in the USA and are a permanent resident/citizen use a channeler. Use field point if possible, we had my wife’s results within an hour

Kelliott

Aug 28, 2017
If you are in the USA and are a permanent resident/citizen use a channeler. Use field point if possible, we had my wife’s results within an hour
Thank you Jeff! We have signed up on that website this morning and it says it's under review. Hopefully they can get us what we need quickly. Thank you so much for the suggestion!

Reactions: jeff198901

Ceimi

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
KWC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
AOR Received.
02-02-2018
IF you are unable to get your prints through the channeler, I believe you are able to send them an extension request and submit proof that you've submitted the application for the prints and are just waiting for it to be processed. I believe they will continue to process your application while they wait for you to submit the bcc.