+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background Check in Process

therocky4

Oct 11, 2017
Hi,

I would appreciate if someone can help us out here. My wife and I got our PNP in December 2016 and we submitted our PR application through Express Entry on February 17th of this year. We got a message that our medical was successful within the first month of submitting our application. Since then our application is stuck in the Background Check stage. It's been now almost 8 months. We've called and asked CIC for the status of the application numerous times but they have no information other than our background check is going on. We got to know about GCMS notes through a friend and we applied for it about 2 weeks ago. Don't know when that's coming in.

We are a bit concerned because all our friends got their PRs within 6 months. Our WorkPermits are expiring by the mid of December 2017. What should we do?

jesuscares

Jun 11, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-08-2017
AOR Received.
10-08-2017
Med's Done....
10-08-2017
Passport Req..
20-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-11-2017
LANDED..........
23-11-2017
Hi,

I would appreciate if someone can help us out here. My wife and I got our PNP in December 2016 and we submitted our PR application through Express Entry on February 17th of this year. We got a message that our medical was successful within the first month of submitting our application. Since then our application is stuck in the Background Check stage. It's been now almost 8 months. We've called and asked CIC for the status of the application numerous times but they have no information other than our background check is going on. We got to know about GCMS notes through a friend and we applied for it about 2 weeks ago. Don't know when that's coming in.

We are a bit concerned because all our friends got their PRs within 6 months. Our WorkPermits are expiring by the mid of December 2017. What should we do?
You and wife would need to apply for Bridging Open Work permits. Once you apply you will be under implied status and be able to continue working. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/permit/extend/permanent.asp

superspecial90

Aug 13, 2017
Thanks. I'll have a look at it right now.

Has anyone on the forums experienced similar situation? Why are they taking this long whereas all our friends got their PRs within 6 months.
Many members of the forum are facing delays in processing their application.