+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background Check Completed - Is PCC a problem still?

yourfather

Jan 31, 2018
Hi Folks,

On my citizenship application, I had submitted the same PCCs from my PR application in 2018, for all countries that I lived over 6 months. None of them have an expiration date and I never been to those countries after immigrating to Canada,

The one exception is Mexico. As Mexican PCC will be delivered to IRCC directly and I don't have a copy of it. I got an ADR to submit the Mexico PCC right after AOR. I sent an LOE stating I haven't visited Mexico since 2016 and the previous Mexican PCC from my PR application shall be reconsidered. Raised a webform too, but never received any update from IRCC.

Today I see the background check has passed on the tracker. So does that mean am off the hook for PCCs and not worry about it anymore?

CaMe879

Jan 23, 2020
Hi Folks,

On my citizenship application, I had submitted the same PCCs from my PR application in 2018, for all countries that I lived over 6 months. None of them have an expiration date and I never been to those countries after immigrating to Canada,

The one exception is Mexico. As Mexican PCC will be delivered to IRCC directly and I don't have a copy of it. I got an ADR to submit the Mexico PCC right after AOR. I sent an LOE stating I haven't visited Mexico since 2016 and the previous Mexican PCC from my PR application shall be reconsidered. Raised a webform too, but never received any update from IRCC.

Today I see the background check has passed on the tracker. So does that mean am off the hook for PCCs and not worry about it anymore?
Hi there, were you requested for PCC after brackground is completed? I’m on the same boat, background pasesed, have been in Mexico 163 days in a row. Not sure if they will ask for the PCC later on. Thanks

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi there, were you requested for PCC after brackground is completed? I’m on the same boat, background pasesed, have been in Mexico 163 days in a row. Not sure if they will ask for the PCC later on. Thanks
Once background is completed PCC is not needed.