+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Back Dated Application

Jul 6, 2013
Hi everyone,

I need help with a citizenship application for one of my relatives. I'm tyring to call CIC but they are not accepting any phone calls probably because of the traffic.

The person who is applying for citizenship has been coming and going out of Canada since she's been a PR (2006) and is a senior. We calculated and found that if we back date the application, she qualifies by staying 1095 days here. Is it possible for us to use 05-2011 to 05-2016 as period of eligibility and use 05-01-2016 as date of application to be accepted within the 3/5 time frame.

Thank you. Waiting for your answers.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Simple answer is no

It is just amazing how people keep coming up with all kinds of innovative ideas on how not to follow the rules ...

This really beats the other post I saw here last week:
' I will meet the 3-year requirement in a year, can I apply now since the current processing time is 12 months?'

I am looking forward to seeing more ... LOL

Last edited:

CANADIANZ

Mar 30, 2017
Hi everyone,

I need help with a citizenship application for one of my relatives. I'm tyring to call CIC but they are not accepting any phone calls probably because of the traffic.

The person who is applying for citizenship has been coming and going out of Canada since she's been a PR (2006) and is a senior. We calculated and found that if we back date the application, she qualifies by staying 1095 days here. Is it possible for us to use 05-2011 to 05-2016 as period of eligibility and use 05-01-2016 as date of application to be accepted within the 3/5 time frame.

Thank you. Waiting for your answers.
No.

Where the date on an application is more than three months old (90 calendar days) when received, or where the date is a date in the future, the application will be treated as if it is unsigned. An unsigned application is not a duly completed application and will be returned to the applicant.

Reactions: northern_lights
Jul 6, 2013
Simple answer is no

It is just amazing how people keep coming up with all kinds of innovative ideas on how not to follow the rules ...

' I will meet the 3-year requirement in a year, can I apply now since the current processing time is 12 months?'

I'm glad I brightened your morning with that :) It was about following the rules, but just asked if it could be considered in a timeframe one year back. Thanks for your reply.

Optimist22222

Dec 7, 2011
App. Filed.......
AUGUST 28, 2017
Simple answer is no

LOL:D