+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Baby due in December, husband still in England.

WainyTS

Sep 30, 2016
Hi,
We applied from England for my husband's PR. I'm Canadian, he's British. I've been approved as a sponsor, and his application is in process. We are having a baby in December and really want for him to be able to be here permanently before that. Questions:

1. What happens if the baby is born before the PR goes through? I moved back to Canada in July so that I can have the baby here.

2. Will he be able to clear customs alright if he comes to Canada (as a tourist) to be here for the birth if his PR hasn't been approved yet?

3. What does he have to do once the application is actually approved? Can he come and start working right away?

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
1. You'll notify CIC, possibly send in some updated forms along with a copy of the birth certificate. It won't cause too many delays though, since the child will be Canadian.
2. He will need to apply for an ETA (although you should check the regulations, they keep changing the date), otherwise he can come as a visitor, which means acting like a visitor.
3. Once he gets his COPR, he will have to land (either at a border or a CIC office). Then he can get a SIN and start working.

WainyTS

Sep 30, 2016
He already has a SIN number because he lived her for 6 years on a sponsored working visa. Will that be helpful or complicate things more?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
WainyTS said:
He already has a SIN number because he lived her for 6 years on a sponsored working visa. Will that be helpful or complicate things more?
the one he got before was probably a temporary number and may no longer be active. he will have to go to a service canada location to either get it reactived or get a permanent sin number issued. he won't be able to work until he gets it sorted out by service canada. it doesn't take long to get one, you go in and get one the same day, within minutes.