+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Baby delivery

onkard91

Feb 7, 2024
Hiii, I am in confusion and it's my regards to individual who can help me out in this.

My wife and I, are living in Saskatchewan on work permit, my wife is pregnant and doctor gave us 15th July, the expected delivery date. The confusion is that her health card is expired on 11th July, and it takes a time to renew health card. So, would hospital agree her to admit her on expired health card, or she can get to hospital on applied status, or we have to pay the hospital cost in this case or baby delivery is free for everyone?? As I read on Internet the hospital costs are too high and I can't afford them??
What is the best possible way I should go for?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hiii, I am in confusion and it's my regards to individual who can help me out in this.

My wife and I, are living in Saskatchewan on work permit, my wife is pregnant and doctor gave us 15th July, the expected delivery date. The confusion is that her health card is expired on 11th July, and it takes a time to renew health card. So, would hospital agree her to admit her on expired health card, or she can get to hospital on applied status, or we have to pay the hospital cost in this case or baby delivery is free for everyone?? As I read on Internet the hospital costs are too high and I can't afford them??
Contact the hospital.

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015

Renew the health card now, only takes a couple of weeks. Simple.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Whendoes your and your wife’s WPs expire?

onkard91

Feb 7, 2024
Whendoes your and your wife’s WPs expire?
You got it,
Our WP is valid upto 11th July, delivery is expected 15th July. On 10th Feb I suppose to apply for SINP, once I get approval then I will apply for temporary work permit, once I got I will apply WP for my wife. What happened if she wouldn't able to get WP and renewed health card before her expected delivery date. I was wondering about two things, do we have plenty of times and other thing, if I got my temporary WP and I apply WP for my wife later on. Till that time, will her old health card be accepted while she has applied status.
Because to renew sask health card she must have WP first to upload.
Kindly guide me on this, because as an international worker I couldn't pay high hospital bills here, and we are planning to get back to home country for delivery.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You got it,
Our WP is valid upto 11th July, delivery is expected 15th July. On 10th Feb I suppose to apply for SINP, once I get approval then I will apply for temporary work permit, once I got I will apply WP for my wife. What happened if she wouldn't able to get WP and renewed health card before her expected delivery date. I was wondering about two things, do we have plenty of times and other thing, if I got my temporary WP and I apply WP for my wife later on. Till that time, will her old health card be accepted while she has applied status.
Because to renew sask health card she must have WP first to upload.
Kindly guide me on this, because as an international worker I couldn't pay high hospital bills here, and we are planning to get back to home country for delivery.
If you get ITA for SINP then you can apply for BOWP. If you have BOWP then your wife can apply to extend her sask health card. You can also ask for sask health authority to extend the health card if you have not received the BOWP but that is not guaranteed. Not sure how flexible Sask health authority is because most posting are not from Saskatchewan. If she doesn’t have a valid health you will be expected to pay out of pocket. If your BOWP gets approved after giving birth you can argue with sask health authority that they should reimburse you. Payment plans are typically available for at least the hospital costs but that would have to be discussed with the hospital. The big issue is that your wife will need to figure out where she plans on giving birth at least a month before but likely more to be able to return to your home country safely.