+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Avoid Heathrow airport!!!

wxyz123

Sep 21, 2010
maran1976 said:
Ooops, I misunderstood !

Could it also be that the liability is on UK to accept back a person if the PR papers turned out to be forged and people are turned back from POE back to where they flew into Canada ?

I am just trying to think of a reason....
no they will deport you to your country of origin and nationality

maran1976

Feb 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 April 2010
AOR Received.
26 Nov 2010 (2nd Aor Date)
Med's Request
28-02-2013
Med's Done....
6th March 2013
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
Recvd by CHC Mar 13th
wxyz123 said:
no they will deport you to your country of origin
exactly my point, if the papers are destroyed in the plane, how do you prove a persons nationality. It becomes a very big headache. I have seen this happen many a times in planes from Colombo and Indian airports...

wxyz123

Sep 21, 2010
maran1976 said:
exactly my point, if the papers are destroyed in the plane, how do you prove a persons nationality. It becomes a very big headache. I have seen this happen many a times in planes from Colombo and Indian airports...
if they send back to uk, what uk people gonna ask, how you arrived in uk in the first place before transitting , whats the answer then??

maran1976

Feb 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 April 2010
AOR Received.
Med's Request
28-02-2013
Med's Done....
6th March 2013
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
Recvd by CHC Mar 13th
wxyz123 said:
if they send back to uk, what uk people gonna ask, how you arrived in uk in the first place before transitting , whats the answer then??
may be, i will ask a person who has done this and update the thread lol ;)

wxyz123

Sep 21, 2010
maran1976 said:
may be, i will ask a person who has done this and update the thread lol ;)
sure :)

what i have seen in documentary they ask your nationality and if you don't have any passport they detain you and apply for your passport from your origin country counslate india or any and soon you get your passport they throw you out, don't take them an easy prey

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maran1976 said:
Where you asked the above questions by the UK immigration or while waiting in a queue by the airline staff ? Because it was while you were seated by your gate, I presume it was the airline staff. It is again their liability/responsibility to fly back people with imporper papers.

I have no idea whether that guy was working for Air Canada or the UK immigration because he was wearing a civilian clothes neither the airline uniform, nor the immigration officers uniform. He was making a final check up for passengers documents before they get into the plane.

The questions were taken while i was standing on the line immediatly perior to ridding the plane, not in the waiting area or any counters.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Finally, it does not matter which Airport you transit in as long as your documents are genuine and complete, it is just a matter of time, no one can do anything to you unless you do something wrong.

Good luck to all.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
I transited thru Heathrow many a times & never ever faced any issues. Before boarding the flight it's usual for the Ground Crew to Xcheck our Travel Documents, there's an IATA regulation to that effect. Ditto@Heathrow. But, the same applied to everyone - there wasn't any discrimination.

The only problem of Heathrow is that it's a helluva busy a/port... the traffic, usually, is voluminous & that gets to our nerves. Besides, the current Security Check has, by far, the longest queue - nonetheless it moves smoothly though.

As mostly we may have to change the Terminals, usually Dubai to Toronto transit takes u from Term-3 to Term-5, it's wise to have a longer Switch-Over time, lest we get bogged down@Security. Moreover, a small catch-a-grub time is always welcome. With shorter timeframe it'd be just plain running... Term-1 - Elevators - Underground MonoRail - Elevators - Term-5 - Security - Boarding Gate - Verification - Flight.

Qorax

G

gte439u

professional 1 said:
I have no idea whether that guy was working for Air Canada or the UK immigration because he was wearing a civilian clothes neither the airline uniform, nor the immigration officers uniform. He was making a final check up for passengers documents before they get into the plane.

The questions were taken while i was standing on the line immediatly perior to ridding the plane, not in the waiting area or any counters.
The man who questioned you at the departure gate was likely an employee of a security company contracted by Air Canada. As in most countries, the airline who brings a passenger to Canada is responsible to return an inadmissible passenger to their country of original. Air Canada is likely doing a final check to make sure that you are likely to be admissible to Canada. Read the CBSA 'Guide for Transporters' at Section 1.5: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/pub/bsf5023-eng.html.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gte439u said:
The man who questioned you at the departure gate was likely an employee of a security company contracted by Air Canada. As in most countries, the airline who brings a passenger to Canada is responsible to return an inadmissible passenger to their country of original. Air Canada is likely doing a final check to make sure that you are likely to be admissible to Canada. Read the CBSA 'Guide for Transporters' at Section 1.5: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/publications/pub/bsf5023-eng.html.

I know about this, and they have already checked out my documents on the spot before they book the ticket for me, and even before i leave the country where i came form to London. Actually they were very strict before booking the ticket for me (the Airlines) becuase they wanted me to book a 2 ways ticket, as mine was only one way to Canada.

I refused to book it 2 ways and pay the extra money justifying that i was going to stay in Canada for almost 4 years to study (and i have already confirmed with the Canadian embassy this information about not having to book a 2 ways ticket becuase it is a student visa), then they called the head quarter of Air Canada telling them the situation, and the response was:

If he has a student visa, he does not have to a book 2 ways ticket, only visitors have to do so.

So the airlines agent checked my visa carefully, and the expiry date (which was a single entry student visa for 3 months only) and booked the ticket for me.

At the airport of Saudi Arabia where i came to Canada, they triple checked the visa to make sure that everything is fine before i get into the airplane which means that i have been checked so many times before i arrive london, that is why i found it pointless to ask for my acceptance letter which has nothing to do with checking my student visa (when the check up is done by the Airlines, not the canadian immigration officers ! )

The only people who have the right to ask about this letter along with checking the visa, are the canadian immigration officers because it is their country, and their job, but when that guy asked for the acceptance letter, i did not see that it is related at all to the visa check up regarding his responsibility limit as an airlines agent as long as the visa is valid, and he has already checked it out !

In short, i think that it is none of his business to check my acceptance letter, he has the right only check my visa as an airline responsibility.

Anyway, i am a very patient person who always ignores the negative side of things, and look at the positive side which was the student visa at that time, and the PR today (thank god).

Thanks for the information, and good luck to all.

vncviewer

Sep 9, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
SIngapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-08-09
Doc's Request.
25-09-09
Nomination.....
15-12-09
AOR Received.
23-12-09
I think for the first time landing wise to avoid this airport, as we are new and migrating obviously nerves will run faster and at that time simple issue will make more complex.. So after relaxing in Dubai take the direct flight..Though I heard for long journey (13/14 hours) with kids it’s very much terrible. Kids are crying, feeling sick in that long time. Some are advice take transit as much as possible just because of kids…. Senior please advise..

wxyz123

Sep 21, 2010
vncviewer said:
I think for the first time landing wise to avoid this airport, as we are new and migrating obviously nerves will run faster and at that time simple issue will make more complex.. So after relaxing in Dubai take the direct flight..Though I heard for long journey (13/14 hours) with kids it's very much terrible. Kids are crying, feeling sick in that long time. Some are advice take transit as much as possible just because of kids.... Senior please advise..
its not that horrible. i have travelled on long haul flights. i have seen kids with families. its not that worrying issue. kids usually fall asleep plus airline crew helps you to comfort your kids.

don't be afraid or worried.

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Transatlantic Flights are often targeted by the problem creators. I'd definitely avoid Indian Airlines for their poor safety records and European airports.

maran1976

Feb 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 April 2010
AOR Received.
Med's Request
28-02-2013
Med's Done....
6th March 2013
Interview........
hopefully waived
Passport Req..
Recvd by CHC Mar 13th
jnathan said:
I'd definitely avoid Indian Airlines for their poor safety records and European airports.
The only reason I avoid AIR INDIA is for their poor customer service. If your flight is cancelled , you are stuck big time with Air India.
Of the Indian Airlines, Jet and KF do a very good job !

Maria Perry

Oct 26, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I dont think so that its true and i have never come across any such news before. It might had happened but i am not sure about it. As far i know , i never faced any such kind of harsh thing at Heathrow airport. I have been there many times but never had to face such situation.