+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Average wait after medicals

JollyOwl

Jan 26, 2023
Hello there

Anyone ideas on how long is the average wait time until you're sponsored spouse can receive their PR after doing the medicals.
It's Inland application.

Thanks guys

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello there

Anyone ideas on how long is the average wait time until you're sponsored spouse can receive their PR after doing the medicals.
It's Inland application.

Thanks guys
Discard the medical date. Take the date of application. Subtract the time passed since then from the timeline shown on the website. That's your expected time.

In other words: medical date itself is not a reliable indicator.

Reactions: JollyOwl

Charlamanderxxxx

Star Member
Jun 27, 2024
Hello there

It's Inland application.

Thanks guys
Hi hi. My medical request was marked completed only a few weeks in but that was because I did the medical check for my visitor record. Even though things might be moving quickly for medical, biometrics, and eligibility, the background check tends to take the longest. For me, it took almost 7 months. Right now, I think people from early January are just finishing their background checks and getting P1. So I am not so sure if medical can be an indicator but it would definitely help if your medical result is green and no other health concerns.

Reactions: JollyOwl

FleuryB

Jun 16, 2024
Hello Everybody,
Hope my message find you well.
This is my frist time posting here.
My case: Ecuadorian citizen married to a Canadian citizen

Jan 2024: Outland Application was sent
Feb 2024: We received the confirmation of reception of all our paperwork (everything was OK)
Mar 2024: Biometrics completed
June 2024: Medical examination notification received
June 2024: Medical examination completed
Since then no news at all and my application status tracker page haven´t been updated since May 2024.
I would appreciate if any of you can tell me your experience in general, specially with waiting times.
i feel a bit frustrated since we have no information at all.

Thank you in advance for your attention and time.

Charlamanderxxxx

Star Member
Jun 27, 2024
Hello Everybody,
Hope my message find you well.
This is my frist time posting here.
My case: Ecuadorian citizen married to a Canadian citizen

Jan 2024: Outland Application was sent
Feb 2024: We received the confirmation of reception of all our paperwork (everything was OK)
Mar 2024: Biometrics completed
June 2024: Medical examination notification received
June 2024: Medical examination completed
Since then no news at all and my application status tracker page haven´t been updated since May 2024.
I would appreciate if any of you can tell me your experience in general, specially with waiting times.
i feel a bit frustrated since we have no information at all.

Thank you in advance for your attention and time.
In my case, I received the AOR (Acknowledgment of Receipt) within 3 weeks. Medical, eligibility, and biometrics were completed within 2.5 months. However, I waited nearly 7 months for the background check to be finished. It felt like there were no updates on the tracker or GCKey for ages, but eventually, everything got done. Hopefully, you'll hear some news soon!

Reactions: Mirabey